Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration

webfact

Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration

p33.jpg

Pictures: Chonburi Immigration

PATTAYA: -- Three long term over-stayers were rounded up in Pattaya by immigration this week.

Immigration also continue to fine individuals who are not registered as resident in a property within 24 hours of arrival.

Top of those overstaying this week was a Kenya woman called Ruth Wanguikiruri, 29, who was found staying opposite The Pine Bar and Restaurant. She was detained on 691 days overstay on Wednesday.

Also arrested was Finnish man Tuomo Sakari Timonen, 55, who was rounded up at business premises at 143/139 Moo 2, Nong Preu, Banglamung. 

p35.jpg

He had outstayed his welcome by 594 days and was handed over to Pattaya police for processing.

Third was a British man on 592 days overstay caught on Thursday morning. He was Mehdi Kalbasi Ashtari, 32, who was apprehended at the Rung Fa condominium in the city.

p31.jpg

A Thai lady was fined on Thursday after she had not registered her apparent relative at rented rooms at 99/4 Moo 9.

Immigration checked the register and found that Ulai Sinfield, 40, had failed to register the name of Keith William Sinfield, 66, from the UK within the required 24 hour period after his arrival.

She was fined 1,600 baht. The relationship between the Sinfield pair was not mentioned in the Chonburi Immigration website report.

Also on Thursday a Thai manager was fined 1,600 baht for not registering a South Korean guest within 24 hours. Fined was Mongkhon Khemphan, 28, who had not registered Da Young Min, 17.

Chonburi Immigration report their latest activities most weeks on their website under the banner "Good Guys in, Bad Guys out".

Sources: Chonburi Immigration, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-25

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration..."

Wow - three in a month !!!

So, by that effort, and if we are to believe Chiang Mai Immigration's Deputy Superintendent when he says "...there are 800,000 foreigners living illegally in Thailand..." (https://is.gd/3YRdPw), then these guys can expect busy months for the next 20,000 years or so !!!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Top of those overstaying this week was a Kenya woman called Ruth Wanguikiruri, 29, who was found staying opposite The Pine Bar and Restaurant. She was detained on 691 days overstay on Wednesday.

Was she found busy working the phones? WOW 3 overstayers what coup for immigration. 

2 hours ago, waldroj said:

"...Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration..."

So, by that effort, and if we are to believe Chiang Mai Immigration's Deputy Superintendent when he says "...there are 800,000 foreigners living illegally in Thailand..." (https://is.gd/3YRdPw), then these guys can expect busy months for the next 20,000 years or so !!!

The above mentioned gentleman could best direct his efforts elsewhere like improving our immigration system here in Chiang Mai. His record here is about as good as the record they have for rounding up illegal foreigners. How did the meeting go with the TAT lady here in Chiang Mai or is it a future event or just another forgotten event. 

2 hours ago, waldroj said:

I'm pretty certain Burmese, Laos and Cambodian are included in those figures.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration checked the register and found that Ulai Sinfield, 40, had failed to register the name of Keith William Sinfield, 66, from the UK within the required 24 hour period after his arrival.

She was fined 1,600 baht. The relationship between the Sinfield pair was not mentioned in the Chonburi Immigration website report.

I have an idea :biggrin:

Third was a British man on 592 days overstay caught on Thursday morning. He was Mehdi Kalbasi Ashtari, 32, who was apprehended at the Rung Fa condominium in the city.

At this rate the Thais will end up wondering what country somebody with a weird name like John Smith or David Jones could possibly come from?

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I have an idea :biggrin:

Got to wonder how many other wifes have failed to register their foreign husbands living in their house/condo... I only did it as we were told we wouldn't our extension of stay without that paperwork (this is a school). No fines for not having done it previously. 

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

The above mentioned gentleman could best direct his efforts elsewhere like improving our immigration system here in Chiang Mai. His record here is about as good as the record they have for rounding up illegal foreigners. How did the meeting go with the TAT lady here in Chiang Mai or is it a future event or just another forgotten event. 

It is not forgotten, see this link... but frankly it can be forgotten.

3 hours ago, waldroj said:

It will run faster than 3 per month when there is a holiday in view...

Interesting that one can go unnoticed for 500+ days. 

As far as the fining of not-recorded visitors is concerned I am sure that this goes down particularly well with all those tourists, presently absent for other reasons. 

Should my brother visit and stay with me in my rented property I would have no clue, if the landlord or I would have to inform which authorities with which form against which fee at which office or address. 

Schizophrenic - to say at least; explains the emptiness of Thailand's hotels while worse hotels at double the prices in Laos and Myanmar are full to the rim - TAT please note! 

43 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Got to wonder how many other wifes have failed to register their foreign husbands living in their house/condo... I only did it as we were told we wouldn't our extension of stay without that paperwork (this is a school). No fines for not having done it previously. 

It would be really helpful if someone might be able to post a message or link in Thai about this.

I have tried to explain this to previous appartment owners, who seem to know nothing about it or refuse to do anything.

Surely there must be some official

links or documents in Thai?

How is the general public supposed to know about it?

Thais act as if you are making stuff up when you mention this. 

3 minutes ago, bamukloy said:

It would be really helpful if someone might be able to post a message or link in Thai about this.

I have tried to explain this to previous appartment owners, who seem to know nothing about it or refuse to do anything.

It may have to do with hiding income as is often the case when you rent from private Condo owners

3 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

It may have to do with hiding income as is often the case when you rent from private Condo owners

3 minutes ago, siam2007 said:

I did consider this also, but my intention in giving them a note is more so that i can make a copy and therefor document that i tried to get the owner to comply.

That is, if immigration or the owner try to say the farang is responsible to pay up the fine, i can say that the owner was notified and wouldnt do it.

1 hour ago, realenglish1 said:

Its one thing to prosecute over stayers but what about improving the 90 day reporting on line

It is dismal at best Bring it up to World Internet Standards not 3rd world

Come on now Thailand is the digital hubba bubba. Actually it's been named hub of hubs for ASEAN. Yet the IMO officers want a application file the size of a story book and in duplicate. Are the computers only for show. Maybe saving on power. I have experienced 1st hand visiting a officer to confirm documents. After her paper shuffle she advised of extra documents. On the next visit with same file and the additional. She wanted more. This is the front lines of what you deal with. And your looked at with no regard. Not even hello lol. Hub you say Sir.

26 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Schizophrenic - to say at least; explains the emptiness of Thailand's hotels while worse hotels at double the prices in Laos and Myanmar are full to the rim - TAT please note! 

Do you think that might be because Laos and Myanmar have only a fraction of the number of hotels as Thailand has?

Usual general comments.... but I have a serious question.

How are you meant to register relatives or friends who come to visit?

What is the process?

My son is coming to visit/stay for a while so what should I do to make sure all is legal??

How about some info on the form, the place to report (surely not everyone has to go to the immigration offices?)

Can you report with a form at the local police station?

2 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Its one thing to prosecute over stayers but what about improving the 90 day reporting on line

It is dismal at best Bring it up to World Internet Standards not 3rd world

Yes went right from the ox cart skipping bicycles mostly and right to the bank for a friendly loan to buy a car, IT products, houses, vacations, fancy duds, knock off purses etc. All the above that you mention is called channeling or funneling straight to those people that are willing to help guide you through the immigration process. It kind of a unique way to lead you to water and force you to drink. 

54 minutes ago, domdom said:

Hello

I have a french friend coming to my condo for one week on 31st.

Does that mean I have to run to immigration on 1st to declare he is there for a week ?

Have a nice day

Yes you have to report that he is staying in your condo within 24 hours of arrival if not its you who will get fined if they catch him there.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Similar to what they did back in 1998 or so (maybe after Thaksin put Purachai in charge of Interior, in 2000). The requirement to register every 90 days had been on the books for 20 years, since 1977 or so, but had never been enforced.  My memory is a little hazy, but I think the crackdown came in two stages. The first one lasted about three or four months and then they stopped enforcing it again. The second time they realized what a gold mine they had been passing up and they started fining everybody who hadn't registered within the past 90 days ฿2,000. There aren't nearly as many people married to Thais they can get for this. Sounds like she must have pissed off a neighbor with influence.

Archived