Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration

webfact

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Hello

I have a french friend coming to my condo for one week on 31st.

Does that mean I have to run to immigration on 1st to declare he is there for a week ?

Have a nice day

in reality yes

it also means YOU should have a hotel license

as you are renting for less than 30 days

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheMacMan said:

Usual general comments.... but I have a serious question.

How are you meant to register relatives or friends who come to visit?

What is the process?

My son is coming to visit/stay for a while so what should I do to make sure all is legal??

How about some info on the form, the place to report (surely not everyone has to go to the immigration offices?)

Can you report with a form at the local police station?

you can do it online somewhere on immigration website

dont ask me where though

8 minutes ago, domdom said:

Mki8

Pls try to read..

I have a friend coming to visit me. I don t rent anything...

yeh you tell immigration that they stay rent free,

obviously you think you can argue your case here......LOL

the way you word it as if a friend is staying at a condo you own

as many of us expats here own condos to rent out

if you said come stay with me, then it would have been much clearer

if you own the condo, they could still have the same attitude

if you rent the condo, then its not your concern really,

but you may be required to inform the owner another guest is staying for a week

for the sake of maybe 1600 baht, who really cares

Another of the crazy aspects of this reporting is ......................when I last returned to Thailand after a 3 month trip to Australia I went to my local immigration office with my Thai GF to report me living in her house( again). The immigration officer looked at the form , then at his computer then ripped the form up and said ..." not need". Apparently , as I was returning to the address they already had on file for me from previous 90 day reports, re-newals of permission to stay, and the arrivals card handed in at swampy....................I DID NOT need to report to my local immigration office.

But wouldnt want to bet the same would apply at other immigration offices.

My office is Udon Thani for what its worth.

For those who wan't to know which form it is - here's an excerpt from our office assistant after the BKK bombings occurred;
"The forms are gotten from the nearest immigration. The one for announcing your house guests who reside over 24 hours is

TM.30(TM.30 Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay) and the one you have to fill in if you reside in different address for more than 24 hours is TM.28 (Form for aliens to notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours). Both forms you need to submit to immigration office within 24 hours after you/house guest moves in. If immigration office checked and found you have not done this, you have to pay a fine of 1600 baht."

Is this register of people coming into Thailand for security purposes?Also to make it easy to catch overstay.

Farang just want some pussy they wouldn't bomb nobody this the immigration should know. Isn't overstay fine a good source of income for the country too.  No capital involve, doing minimum work. If only the government willing to give 50 percent of the fine to officers , you will see them working very hard to catch Farang who overstay. Buddhism is a very intellectual learning but sad to say the Thais don't seem to benefit much from it. Well, most of them don't from what I see.

6 hours ago, siam2007 said:

It may have to do with hiding income as is often the case when you rent from private Condo owners

so who is actually supposed to do the reporting?  For example Diana Oasis in Pattaya.  A decent place where many of the units are owned by many different foreigners.  A little lady tends to handle some of the rentals.  but then what?  Is she supposed to file with immigration?  Is the individual condo owner, who probably is thousands of miles away supposed to do it?  Is the front desk overall property manager supposed to do it?

15 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

so who is actually supposed to do the reporting?  For example Diana Oasis in Pattaya.  A decent place where many of the units are owned by many different foreigners.  A little lady tends to handle some of the rentals.  but then what?  Is she supposed to file with immigration?  Is the individual condo owner, who probably is thousands of miles away supposed to do it?  Is the front desk overall property manager supposed to do it?

The owner or housemaster is responsible. If it isn't done it appears immigration is now refusing to renew visa extension in a lot of circumstances according to posts on here.

5 hours ago, TheMacMan said:

What is the process?

My son is coming to visit/stay for a while so what should I do to make sure all is legal??

How about some info on the form, the place to report (surely not everyone has to go to the immigration offices?)

You would think that a website called thaivida would actually do a bit of research and answer these concerns rather than just paste often dodgy news reports with dodgy headings and then allow the usual uninformed ranters to rant on with their uninformed theories.

Here are some facts.

The owner or leaseholder is by lawrequired to register any foreigners stating over night.

If they dont they are up for a fine of 1600 and the person staying is required to pay 4000 baht.

You can get the firms at immigration

You can do it online.

More people have been fined than the ones listed on thaivisa. 

The seven indians recently fined were tourists who were only in pattaya for four days and eere fined 4000 each.

YouCAN register at any local police station but nmost statiins wont have the firms and wont know what you are talking about.

As far as i know they are coming down hard on this at jomtien and sri racha. Maybe a bit in chiang mai but nowhere else .

If you refuse to pay they will lock you up until you do.

The websire broke down 3weeks ago on a friday and when phoned they said not to worry about it for that weekend.

So to answer your questioN, yes, you are required to inform them your son is staying and you can get the form from immigration.

I am not going to respond to anyone else on this matter. Perhaps thaivisa people could call them and confirm what i have just said and ask about any other questions for their loyal and somewhat obsessed readeRs. I dont understand why people post if rhey havent got a clue. It just causes angst and confusion.

I am certainly not going to waste my time arguing with people here who seem to believe if they didnt read abiut it on thaivisa then it didnt happen. 

I tead plenty of newsworthy things in the thai press that are totally ignored by this site or they are reported weeks after the event. This story is a good example. It is old news.

Sorry about my spelling.

7 minutes ago, getreal said:

You would think that a website called thaivida would actually do a bit of research and answer these concerns rather than just paste often dodgy news reports with dodgy headings and then allow the usual uninformed ranters to rant on with their uninformed theories.

Here are some facts.

The owner or leaseholder is by lawrequired to register any foreigners stating over night.

If they dont they are up for a fine of 1600 and the person staying is required to pay 4000 baht.

You can get the firms at immigration

You can do it online.

More people have been fined than the ones listed on thaivisa. 

The seven indians recently fined were tourists who were only in pattaya for four days and eere fined 4000 each.

YouCAN register at any local police station but nmost statiins wont have the firms and wont know what you are talking about.

As far as i know they are coming down hard on this at jomtien and sri racha. Maybe a bit in chiang mai but nowhere else .

If you refuse to pay they will lock you up until you do.

The websire broke down 3weeks ago on a friday and when phoned they said not to worry about it for that weekend.

So to answer your questioN, yes, you are required to inform them your son is staying and you can get the form from immigration.

I am not going to respond to anyone else on this matter. Perhaps thaivisa people could call them and confirm what i have just said and ask about any other questions for their loyal and somewhat obsessed readeRs. I dont understand why people post if rhey havent got a clue. It just causes angst and confusion.

I am certainly not going to waste my time arguing with people here who seem to believe if they didnt read abiut it on thaivisa then it didnt happen. 

I tead plenty of newsworthy things in the thai press that are totally ignored by this site or they are reported weeks after the event. This story is a good example. It is old news.

Sorry about my spelling.

There is no ability as far as I am aware, for private owners and Landlords to register themselves, guests and long term renters online regarding the TM30. 

Only registered hotels have that privilege. Anybody else needs to do it via there local immigration office.

2 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

There is no ability as far as I am aware, for private owners and Landlords to register themselves, guests and long term renters online regarding the TM30. 

Only registered hotels have that privilege. Anybody else needs to do it via there local immigration office.

You are correct mainly. But you can register yourself without being a registered hotel if you could be bothered. But you firstly have to go to immigration and fill out a pile of forms.

Easier if you are not a hotel or guesthouse to just go and get the forms.

The funny thing about it is that if everybody actually did abide by the law then the line at jomtien would extend to the beach and they would change the rule as it would be impractical.

Pattaya has a new" boss" who is cracking down on everything from poor food vendors, to bali hai pier boat owners, to illegal structures etc etc. This is just a part of it.

I know noone wants to believe it but the days of the beach side of walking street are numbered also.

A certain somebody was on his way very recently when he had to double back to bangkok because somebody had died. A delay resulted as that certain somebody is now occupied with other matters but he will be back. He isnot a fan of the pattaya scene nor of the farangs that it attracts.

Goodnight.

7 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Interesting that one can go unnoticed for 500+ days. 

As far as the fining of not-recorded visitors is concerned I am sure that this goes down particularly well with all those tourists, presently absent for other reasons. 

Should my brother visit and stay with me in my rented property I would have no clue, if the landlord or I would have to inform which authorities with which form against which fee at which office or address. 

Schizophrenic - to say at least; explains the emptiness of Thailand's hotels while worse hotels at double the prices in Laos and Myanmar are full to the rim - TAT please note! 

I am staying at the home of my boyfriend (30 days no visa) and we simply went to the local "Sheriff's" (Police station ) and informed them about my stay. As well we informed the landlord and all  happy so far. I must admit it's at the countryside Surat Thani province where everybody knows everybody. Maybe that's why this straight forward action works well. Even when i went into an street checkpoint - no problem. On my arrival card i also entered this adress.:welcomeani:

7 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Not really surprised. That African woman probably came here to "work" and if you just stick around in one area of Thailand nothing will happen unless the police gets involved.   

9 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

As far as the fining of not-recorded visitors is concerned I am sure that this goes down particularly well with all those tourists, presently absent for other reasons. 

Should my brother visit and stay with me in my rented property I would have no clue, if the landlord or I would have to inform which authorities with which form against which fee at which office or address. 

Schizophrenic - to say at least; explains the emptiness of Thailand's hotels while worse hotels at double the prices in Laos and Myanmar are full to the rim - TAT please note! 

In Australia they have people who have overstayed by over 10 years. You know what they say we all look alike.:post-4641-1156693976::smile:

2 hours ago, crankshaft said:

What about all the Indian Tailors? Are they not illegally working? In Pattaya I think there is one every block...

Actually most of the Indian tailors you see here are Thai citizens and speak Thai fluently  .  Many Indian families immigrated  to Thailand more than 100 years ago so you will find  a long family history with many of the tailor shops.  

Good in some respects but no good in other respects.

For those living in Pattaya they are now being subjected to the police tracking them down and finding something that the police can use to extort money out of them.

This is the fundamental problem with the laws here in Thailand concerning the police that enforce those laws, as good intentions "always" Run Amuck.

: If you do not have your passport on you at all times then they will try to extort money out of you that way.

: If you are not registered or re-registered at what ever hotel or residence or place of accommodation then they will use that as a means to extort money out of you.

: If they see too many visas in your passport they will accuse you of working  in the Kingdom without a work permit or correct visa.

: If they keep your passport then you have a big concern.

The list goes on concerning what they could use as a reason to extort money out of you when they "do their job" and start asking all foreigners for their passports at the discretion of the police and demand information and documentation and demand to know what are you doing here and where are you living.

I see a lot of the TV subscribers are applauding the work of the immigration officers as if this new found immigration enforcement enthusiasm could never effect them in any negative way.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Asiang said:

Good, more people shitting in their pants will register and people who do not respect the law will never have to respect it.

Unfortunately I agree with you.  As often happens, the bad apples spoil the whole bunch and make things difficult for all the people that try to do things properly.

16 hours ago, TheMacMan said:

What is the process?

Due to the low numbers of long staying expats and other economic turmoil which our country is facing due to our poor service and nasty attitudes towards you. We have now introduced a new wrinkle. Which has been created to confuse and trick you. No we have not contacted real estate agents or anybody to advise on our new laws enforced. We are making 1600 Baht a hit against mostly innocent victims. 

Just now, performance said:

Due to the low numbers of long staying expats and other economic turmoil which our country is facing due to our poor service and nasty attitudes towards you. We have now introduced a new wrinkle. Which has been created to confuse and trick you. No we have not contacted real estate agents or anybody to advise on our new laws enforced. We are making 1600 Baht a hit against mostly innocent victims. 

You need to complete a TM 28. You are not a business or Thai national. So you can not report online. Yes a TM 28 can be produced legally at police although they will probably boot you to IMO. Upon submitting the form they will give you the slip at bottom of paper to confirm your own records.

Just now, performance said:

You need to complete a TM 28. You are not a business or Thai national. So you can not report online. Yes a TM 28 can be produced legally at police although they will probably boot you to IMO. Upon submitting the form they will give you the slip at bottom of paper to confirm your own records.

I maybe wrong but if you Google it will tell you which form or Thai IMO site.

Archived