Busy month for Pattaya as long term over-stayers rounded up by immigration

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/25/2016 at 2:01 PM, elgordo38 said:

Was she found busy working the phones? WOW 3 overstayers what coup for immigration. 

The meltdown of the Immigration computer system would hardly help the cause of the authorities catching the baddie overstayers. Like Dean Martin once sang "Ain't That a Kick in the Head".

On 10/25/2016 at 5:54 PM, Sydebolle said:

Interesting that one can go unnoticed for 500+ days. 

As far as the fining of not-recorded visitors is concerned I am sure that this goes down particularly well with all those tourists, presently absent for other reasons. 

Should my brother visit and stay with me in my rented property I would have no clue, if the landlord or I would have to inform which authorities with which form against which fee at which office or address. 

Schizophrenic - to say at least; explains the emptiness of Thailand's hotels while worse hotels at double the prices in Laos and Myanmar are full to the rim - TAT please note! 

Not really that interesting...I've gone over 5000 days "unnoticed" in Thailand, in that I've never been randomly stopped by any Thai police official and asked to identify myself and/or check my entry status. That's why these losers overstay...because the chance of ever being picked-up are close to nill. These three were just very unlucky.

15 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Not really that interesting...I've gone over 5000 days "unnoticed" in Thailand

Same here, one time they stopped my car in 5 years and checked my Thai drivers license , that was it. And I have been all over the country. So the "bad guys" must be easy to spot. 

On arrival at an airport you provide an address you'll be staying at on your arrivals form. The info is entered on a computer  while your photo is taken.  Aren't any of these official Immigration computer system connected, part of the whole system?  are the systems just for show rather than for security/public safety?  How hard could it be to make sure systems are integrated from the outset?  Are Immigration, police and military working against each other's aims? 

47 minutes ago, sandemara said:

On arrival at an airport you provide an address you'll be staying at on your arrivals form. The info is entered on a computer  while your photo is taken.  Aren't any of these official Immigration computer system connected, part of the whole system?  are the systems just for show rather than for security/public safety?  How hard could it be to make sure systems are integrated from the outset?  Are Immigration, police and military working against each other's aims? 

They dot record the address. I used to write fuxxedyourmom in the address field, they never noticed !

On 10/25/2016 at 4:22 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Do you think that might be because Laos and Myanmar have only a fraction of the number of hotels as Thailand has?

Well, they also don't go to town with figures like 30 million quality tourists a year, do they? 

• 2 years later...

Other countries have similar problems with people coming in on tourist visas and don't leave.  But ive never seen so much hoopla in my own country about this issue.... the cops / immigration just get on with tracking these people down.  Why here do they make such a song and dance about this issue and why cant they first straighten out their visa system for everyone, so everybody knows clearly where they stand.  This business of reporting within 24 hours arrival if you are on a retirement visa, that's even if you go to the next province for a weeks holiday.  Come on... we live here, we spend all our money here, you have our home address, phone numbers etc. most of us are retired and happy here.... no need to put us on a leash like we're dogs.   

I watched a video on YT by a guy called Bangkok 112, it was set in Walking Street about a week or so ago. There's a bar on that street where normally you will see many African ladies, which was completely empty ... I did wonder whether the police had rounded them up and shipped them home?

• 3 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 3:04 PM, Guderian said:

Third was a British man on 592 days overstay caught on Thursday morning. He was Mehdi Kalbasi Ashtari, 32, who was apprehended at the Rung Fa condominium in the city.

At this rate the Thais will end up wondering what country somebody with a weird name like John Smith or David Jones could possibly come from?

Immi ,  leave the  Brits  alone .  Racial  predjudice ,, again . 555

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2016 at 10:04 AM, Guderian said:

Third was a British man on 592 days overstay caught on Thursday morning. He was Mehdi Kalbasi Ashtari, 32, who was apprehended at the Rung Fa condominium in the city.

At this rate the Thais will end up wondering what country somebody with a weird name like John Smith or David Jones could possibly come from?

nice ..

Archived