VIDEO: Phuket taxi driver ‘bricked’, in ICU, after street brawl with Russian big bike tourists

webfact

VIDEO: Phuket taxi driver ‘bricked’, in ICU, after street brawl with Russian big bike tourists

Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- Four taxi drivers were injured, with one still in intensive care, in a street brawl with tourists, who are believed to be Russian, on big bikes in Karon on Sunday afternoon (Oct 23).

One of the taxi drivers, who remains in the ICU at Patong Hospital, was reportedly hit in the had with a brick.

Lt Nipon Temsang of the Karon Police confirmed to The Phuket News that four taxi drivers involved in the brawl were injured, while the tourists suffered only scrapes and bruises.

“We were told that Russian tourists were revving their motorbikes very loudly and the local taxi drivers asked them to stop making such a loud noise, and this may have started the fight.

“However, right now I cannot tell who caused the incident. We are still investigating and will seek justice for both parties,” he said.

Witnesses told The Phuket News that during the initial confrontation, one of the tourists threw a brick that hit a taxi, resulting in one the taxi drivers who was standing by to approach the foreigner.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/video-phuket-taxi-driver-bricked-in-icu-after-street-brawl-with-russian-big-bike-tourists-59579.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-10-25

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He held his own, not one of those attacking him with sticks would dare take him on one on one.

Good on him for not running, but sometimes while in Thailand it is best to walk away.

I won't take sides in this. Who started this in the first place? Tourists need to use their heads as much as anyone. In a heavy tourist area like Phuket there should be a beat cop just down the street. Events like this should never have to be decided by force but too often they are because all the tens of thousands of cops are never around or just can't seem to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time. <deleted> as usual.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

A round of applause for my russian friend …. he's still standing….well done.

Typical cowardly show by the taxi thugs…five on one….they got spetznaz'd.

That is exactly what I saw too, the guy was on his own not a big bike to be seen anywhere just scooters and a bunch of chicken Thais with weapons trying and failing to meat out their cowardly justice, the guy retreated several times but the Thais wouldn't let it go and kept coming - serves them right

Extreamly high number of Anti-Thai posts on this today,from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home. Maybe they allow foreign vandals to disrupt the lives of their family and friends in their country of origin. Or another case of visitors supporting visitors, and locals supporting locals, irrespective of whose right or wrong....that's been decided well before all the facts are know, hence have no bearing on which Keyboard Warrior gang to support.

Hope the guy in the ICU, irrespective of nationally, has a full recovery.

For every headline yelling "tuk-tuk driver in hospital due to fight with tourist", there are a hundred "tourist in hospital due to fight with tuk-tuk drivers".

The Thais are lacking some knowledge that most Europeans know. Russians are a hard people that also happen to be crazy when pushed.

Uneven scuffle here.., only 5 with sticks against 1 unarmed farang who done a fair job of it (I note once the shouting was over another hard Thai was warming up against a menu stand looking in farangs direction) Great counter punch and known in the book as 'One arrowed him' after the sly sucker punch thrown

yes I wonder who started the trouble...?

I guess physical fights make sense to someone who has nothing else but an ego.
Having said that, in this case, I would have defended myself as well. Well done !!
(a few (younger and more fanatic) years in a taekwondo school do come in handy sometimes ;-)

2 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

All the aggressive behaviour was from the Thais ,what started it is unknown but the Thais try to use it to gang attack a farang ,hope the Russian doesn't get fleeced by the shameless police

I would want a backup of 3 to 4 guys if I was attacking a burly Russian running on vodka fumes. Look how they kicked Hitlers ass when he tried to invade Russia. They are a die hard bunch. 

57 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Thai sucker punched him by pretending he wanted to speak to him and the Russian takes the shot and floors him. Then takes on all 4 with sticks and they all run away. We all know who started this...But they couldn't finish it.

It takes a whole set of balls not to walk away from those guys with sticks....tough guy this Russian, and smart enough not to make escalate the brawl.....he kept he's cool all the time. I'm sure he could have taken them all out without much difficulty.

Archived