VIDEO: Phuket taxi driver ‘bricked’, in ICU, after street brawl with Russian big bike tourists

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...only foreigners are bad....

...and always stereotyped....

...of course the Thai 'witnesses' will side with the Thais....

...only happy if they are dishing out....

...except when it comes to money.....

...hard to understand what happened....and we will probably not hear the truth....

....bad for tourism.....

...so blame the foreigners...

17 minutes ago, KKr said:

I guess physical fights make sense to someone who has nothing else but an ego.
Having said that, in this case, I would have defended myself as well. Well done !!
(a few (younger and more fanatic) years in a taekwondo school do come in handy sometimes ;-)

The Russian guy looked young and fit. He didn't panic or appear drunk or aggressive but certainly wasn't going to be intimidated or assaulted without a fight.

What and who started it we shall have to wait to read.

Meanwhile, unless you are still regularly practicing taekwondo or any martial art be very careful of relying on it.

Not difficult to tell how goofy this situation is - taxi drivers politely telling some farangs on "big bikes", I.e. Honda Clicks to stop reving their engines? Never happened and never would happen. More like a taxi driver taking exception to some farang riding manouver and when the farang objected to the critique, the taxi drivers grabbed their pool cues to have a spirited debate. Just speculating but a more likely scenario. I ride that area twice a day and see lots of goofy scenarios. I've learned to make no eye contact and to just keep on riding.

7 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

slimey little cowardly shits. 

Succinctly put sir....

I guess the author of the piece must have very low comprehension skills too as it seems blatantly obvious what has happened here and it does not fir the headline

Any apologists want to get a few excuses in for the pricks with the sticks, there's usually a few we can rely on to justify all things thai...

What all the foreign toursistat the scene  should have done is to have united and put all the four thai taxi-drivers in icu along with the old thai whore who was screaming and aggravating the situation into coma and then let the international media to see it and tell all foreigners to boycott coming to the Southern Provinces. I still can never figure out why foreigners want to visit or stay in these Southern Provinces. The Southern people are real mafias who are rude and crude and only after your money.Tell me one foreigners who has never been scammed or had a bad experience with a Southern Taxi, Samlor, Tuk-Tuk drivers or just any Southerners there.

Thailand NEVER sophisticated or long term thinkers BUT always entertaining.  It's the freakin Wild West here. Where else in the world in a major tourist area can people fight in daylight for over 5 minutes without any signs of Security or Police?    

One day, soon, the world will not be so forgiving of Thailand and its behavior and people, Tourists will just stop coming. It's already happening. I fall on the freakin floor laughing when I read "Thailand Trying to Attract Quality Tourists". They are going elsewhere now and they will NEVER come back.

This is so wrong on so many levels regardless of how it started and who is to blame.  Gobsmacking!!!

40 minutes ago, mankondang said:

You keyboard warriors

There are some on here that have a clue and some don't - where do you think you fall into

and I have not published any of your postings as I haven't found anything worth repeating that makes sense, your foolish naivety is astounding, It is obvious that you have experienced very little in Thailand to even form a qualified opinion

1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Thai sucker punched him by pretending he wanted to speak to him and the Russian takes the shot and floors him. Then takes on all 4 with sticks and they all run away. We all know who started this...But they couldn't finish it.

4 with sticks???

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

Uneven scuffle here.., only 5 with sticks against 1 unarmed farang who done a fair job of it (I note once the shouting was over another hard Thai was warming up against a menu stand looking in farangs direction) Great counter punch and known in the book as 'One arrowed him' after the sly sucker punch thrown

yes I wonder who started the trouble...?

5 with sticks???

Posts containing overly derogatory generalizations have been removed as well as the replies:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Other off topic nonsense posts and replies have been removed as well. 

Just now, joebrown said:

I hope the person who made and 'publicised' the video has a good lawyer. Being charged with defaming the good image of Thailand is a serious issue!

Just now, joebrown said:

I hope the person who made and 'publicised' the video has a good lawyer. Being charged with defaming the good image of Thailand is a serious issue!

Just now, joebrown said:

Just now, joebrown said:

Yeah GREAT IMAGE A HUB OF IMAGES

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

A round of applause for my russian friend …. he's still standing….well done.

Typical cowardly show by the taxi thugs…five on one….they got spetznaz'd.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

That is exactly what I saw too, the guy was on his own not a big bike to be seen anywhere just scooters and a bunch of chicken Thais with weapons trying and failing to meat out their cowardly justice, the guy retreated several times but the Thais wouldn't let it go and kept coming - serves them right

If you bothered to read the report you'd realise that the video didn't start until well into the incident, this was not the start of it and it wasn't a gang attack on one tourist.  There were big bikes and the Russian that you are admiring so much can be seen pushing one.

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Thai sucker punched him by pretending he wanted to speak to him and the Russian takes the shot and floors him. Then takes on all 4 with sticks and they all run away. We all know who started this...But they couldn't finish it.

"We all know who started this..."

It seems that we do, the Russians.

5 hours ago, nev said:

He held his own, not one of those attacking him with sticks would dare take him on one on one.

Good on him for not running, but sometimes while in Thailand it is best to walk away.

If the Russian had walked away five Thais with sticks would have beat him into a coma, this time he did right. I like the Thai muay thai in shorts just itching to get in there with a few kicks if the Russian had only been on  the ground helpless.

Some hapless bloke will get his head kicked in by these same guys as soon as they get the chance and a few more backup drivers or whoevers.

19 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

<snip>

There were big bikes and the Russian that you are admiring so much can be seen pushing one.

I looked a couple of times for those bike bikes. I see one pushing a bigger scooter and the other pushing some sort of sports bike. Neither could be called big bikes.

It's an amazing coincidence that so many Thaivisa posters were there when this fight started, thank god for unbiased, eyewitnesses.  They must have been there because judgement is being made and if they weren't there reasoned judgement would be impossible because the video doesn't start until the incident was practically over. 

If anyone bothered to read the report properly they would know that the woman did not threaten anyone with the brick until after the revving of the bikes, after the Russians throwing the brick at the taxi and after the taxi driver approached the Russians to talk to them but the first thing that is seen on the video is the woman with the brick.

Perhaps one of you witnesses could give a report about exactly how the incident started, just as the OP did, instead of keeping it to yourself.

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I would want a backup of 3 to 4 guys if I was attacking a burly Russian running on vodka fumes. Look how they kicked Hitlers ass when he tried to invade Russia. They are a die hard bunch. 

The you'd want to mess with us Finns even less:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War 

Date 30 November 1939 – 13 March 1940
(3 months, 1 week and 5 days)
Location Eastern Finland
Result
Soviet | Strength | Finnish
28-58 divisions 425,640 to 760,578 men 1500+ armoured cars.[F 2]
998,100 men (overall) 2,514–6,541 tanks[F 3][9]
3,880 aircraft
250,000–340,000 men[F 4][10][11]
32 tanks[F 5][12]
114 aircraft[F 6][13]
Casualties and losses
126,875–167,976 dead or missing[F 7][15][16]
188,671 wounded, concussed or burned[15]
5,572 captured[17]
3,543 tanks[F 8][18][19][20]
261–515 aircraft[F 9][20][21]
321,000-363,000 total casualties
25,904 dead or missing[F 10][22]
43,557 wounded[23]
800–1,100 captured[F 11][24]
957 civilians killed in air raids [22]
20–30 tanks destroyed
62 aircraft lost[25]
70,000 total casualties

:crazy::tongue:

On topic, I don't think the Russian bloke is out of the woods yet - if/when catched. Prolly gonna have to pay for the ICU bills for the bloke that he "bricked" even if it was in self-defence.

Archived