VIDEO: Phuket taxi driver ‘bricked’, in ICU, after street brawl with Russian big bike tourists

webfact

19 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I looked a couple of times for those bike bikes. I see one pushing a bigger scooter and the other pushing some sort of sports bike. Neither could be called big bikes.

Depends on whose definition of big bike is being use, doesn't it?  In this case it's the view of the reporter (who isn't being pedantic).

The reason the other bikes can't be seen is that the video doesn't start until the altercation is well under way!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jonesthebaker said:

Obviously you don't get out much.  Thais are well known for cowardly attacks on foreigners. Russians don't fight like monkeys.  They fight like men. 

How quickly we forget Euro 2016, where gangs of Russians ('Ultras') armed with knuckledusters, etc., attacked unarmed British football fans. Search 'Russian ultra training' on YouTube and you'll get a sense of what's going on. [And no, I'm not a Brit - I just remember the news; and I'm not suggesting that this guy is an ultra or even in the wrong here]

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

Uneven scuffle here.., only 5 with sticks against 1 unarmed farang who done a fair job of it (I note once the shouting was over another hard Thai was warming up against a menu stand looking in farangs direction) Great counter punch and known in the book as 'One arrowed him' after the sly sucker punch thrown

yes I wonder who started the trouble...?

I agree, that menu stand is darned lucky it wasn't laying down helpless in the street or the mauy thai guy would of gone to town on it.

The Russian took off his shirt first while blonde gf with backpack kept wanting him to walk off. He then proceeded to the Thai side of the street to look for a fight. Obviously one broke out. He also kept charging towards the Thais. Self defense in this situation would have been to deescalate and walk off. But sure, he wanted a fight and got what he wanted.

I dont see any big bikes.

I see a white  guy and his gf trying to leave on an auto Honda Click 125 i and Thais trying to stop him and push him off the scooter.

Hardly a "big" bike ...

I also dont buy the taxi mens story... Thais are generally  immune to loud noise on the street and have little propensity toward telling other people to do anything.

But the taxi men in this area tend to yell at anyone who tries to park there , even though its not a taxi dedicated zone.

35 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Very puzzled why these men are yielding big long poles or sticks and yet did not charge at the Russian.

those are rickety bamboo pieces used as makeshift scaffolding…i could tell by the sound they made on impact that they don't hurt much.

7 hours ago, mankondang said:

Extreamly high number of Anti-Thai posts on this today,from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home. Maybe they allow foreign vandals to disrupt the lives of their family and friends in their country of origin. Or another case of visitors supporting visitors, and locals supporting locals, irrespective of whose right or wrong....that's been decided well before all the facts are know, hence have no bearing on which Keyboard Warrior gang to support.

Hope the guy in the ICU, irrespective of nationally, has a full recovery.

WE are not racist and father from respectable nations and have morals. My country houses 150 nations. These Thais in orange are a virus spreading inter linked with racism and corrupt pretend police. I know there game. I was a boxer from 13. There lower than the scrap that I eject each morning. There also a danger to the community. Go get a real job. Stop robbing and taunting tourists. They deserved a lot worse. This time they bit the wrong dog. Thai say he want justice went to cry for police haha. Weak man no stones. Just like the law that's going to extort the cash in cohorts with the smelly orange vest.

11 hours ago, gdgbb said:

It's an amazing coincidence that so many Thaivisa posters were there when this fight started, thank god for unbiased, eyewitnesses.  They must have been there because judgement is being made and if they weren't there reasoned judgement would be impossible because the video doesn't start until the incident was practically over. 

If anyone bothered to read the report properly they would know that the woman did not threaten anyone with the brick until after the revving of the bikes, after the Russians throwing the brick at the taxi and after the taxi driver approached the Russians to talk to them but the first thing that is seen on the video is the woman with the brick.

Exactly , we don't know who started the fight , but my guess is on the Russians .  And as we all know , never try to provoke Thais , it will only lead to a disaster.  Yes, Thai guys with sticks are cowards , but this is a fight that could have been prevented. 

The video started when the fight was almost over , so we can't really tell who started it. 

And where were the police?  

13 hours ago, smedly said:

That is exactly what I saw too, the guy was on his own not a big bike to be seen anywhere just scooters and a bunch of chicken Thais with weapons trying and failing to meat out their cowardly justice, the guy retreated several times but the Thais wouldn't let it go and kept coming - serves them right

Don't worry they will claim self defence, 5 thais armed with weapons onto one able bodied farang isn't a fair fight.  

When I visited Krabi , there as a group of Russian tourists who bought their

lunch from a 7/11 then sat on the steps of the restaurant next door. They blocked the way for the guests in

the place, and for those of us who were trying to enter. They were gross and disgusting, and would not

respond to English either.  I think that the Russians are a race of people who think they are special in some way.

A bit like some older Germans that I  ran into in Phuket about 15 years ago. The German son said his parents

were the original Square Heads and were very stubborn in their ways.  Maybe some of the Russians are like

that as well.  Remember that it is Thailand were this took place and not Europe or  Russia. 

Geezer

12 hours ago, mankondang said:

Extreamly high number of Anti-Thai posts on this today,from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home. Maybe they allow foreign vandals to disrupt the lives of their family and friends in their country of origin. Or another case of visitors supporting visitors, and locals supporting locals, irrespective of whose right or wrong....that's been decided well before all the facts are know, hence have no bearing on which Keyboard Warrior gang to support.

Hope the guy in the ICU, irrespective of nationally, has a full recovery.

I see you are a huge supporter of the Thai pack attack mentality.  Well your cowards you adore got a butt kicking and may need to increase the pack size and bring bigger weapons next time they plan on taking on a lone person.

53 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

When I visited Krabi , there as a group of Russian tourists who bought their

lunch from a 7/11 then sat on the steps of the restaurant next door. They blocked the way for the guests in

the place, and for those of us who were trying to enter. They were gross and disgusting, and would not

respond to English either.  I think that the Russians are a race of people who think they are special in some way.

A bit like some older Germans that I  ran into in Phuket about 15 years ago. The German son said his parents

were the original Square Heads and were very stubborn in their ways.  Maybe some of the Russians are like

that as well.  Remember that it is Thailand were this took place and not Europe or  Russia. 

Geezer

Russians thinking they are special? Imagine that, and in a country that teaches their children that they alone belong to the supreme race. Reality creates some rude awakenings.

Archived