VIDEO: Phuket taxi driver ‘bricked’, in ICU, after street brawl with Russian big bike tourists

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>> “The tourists drove about a hundred meters past us before turning around and coming back. One of them came over and started swearing. I walked over to him just to talk, but he pushed me and knocked me to the ground,” said Mr Sa-nguan. “My colleagues tried to stop him, but he kept on being physical.”

Hands up if you believe this statement.  Based on past altercations between drivers and tourists with the truth actually coming out in videos and real eyewitness statements, anything these groups of drivers agree to say is blatantly false. 

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its amazing how an ordinary thai bloke riding past a scuffle that has nothing to do with him will stop his bike, park and wade in just because theres a farang to be had. The guy in the blue tshirt does just that. 

it's called low self esteem! the thai men feel inferior to most every other man in the universe. they have never fought a battle in modern times, never won anything and have been on the receiving end of corruption  and bad cops, so when they see a chance to feel good about themselves especially when it is four to one and they can hit and run, they take it!

16 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Meanwhile, unless you are still regularly practicing taekwondo or any martial art be very careful of relying on it.

Absolutely right, some 10 kilos in the way. :goof:

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

it's called low self esteem! the thai men feel inferior to most every other man in the universe. they have never fought a battle in modern times, never won anything and have been on the receiving end of corruption  and bad cops, so when they see a chance to feel good about themselves especially when it is four to one and they can hit and run, they take it!

"they have never fought a battle in modern times, never won anything" - correct. 

Queue the "But Thailand has never been colonized" posts, despite millions of foreigners living in Thailand and taking their women for brides.  :cheesy:

"so when they see a chance to feel good about themselves" - happens a lot when they mistreat the Burmese laborers. 

"“We were told that Russian tourists were revving their motorbikes very loudly and the local taxi drivers asked them to stop making such a loud noise, and this may have started the fight."

thais only like noise they generate

On 10/25/2016 at 11:11 AM, mankondang said:

Extreamly high number of Anti-Thai posts on this today,from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home. Maybe they allow foreign vandals to disrupt the lives of their family and friends in their country of origin. Or another case of visitors supporting visitors, and locals supporting locals, irrespective of whose right or wrong....that's been decided well before all the facts are know, hence have no bearing on which Keyboard Warrior gang to support.

Hope the guy in the ICU, irrespective of nationally, has a full recovery.

Maybe that should be a message to you that farangs are people in this country following the laws of this country and they are pissed off because they have no protection from the very place they support especially financially as clearly you can't count. did you not see 5 thai rats attacking 1 un-armed man??????????????? ting tong

On 25/10/2016 at 7:11 PM, mankondang said:

Extreamly high number of Anti-Thai posts on this today,from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home. Maybe they allow foreign vandals to disrupt the lives of their family and friends in their country of origin. Or another case of visitors supporting visitors, and locals supporting locals, irrespective of whose right or wrong....that's been decided well before all the facts are know, hence have no bearing on which Keyboard Warrior gang to support.

Hope the guy in the ICU, irrespective of nationally, has a full recovery.

"from the usual high number posted by the Keyboard Warriors who call Thailand home" - I live in Thailand, but I will never call Thailand home, as long as Thailand will never really allow me to call Thailand home. 

I am living here on tourist visas, because I am under 50 years of age, but I think it's a disgrace that long term expats here with property, businesses, a wife, children, community ties etc, have no more right than me to live here, and i am living here on a tourist visa, and we all have no more rights here than a 2 week tourist on a 30 day visa exempt stamp. 

All we may have is a better knowledge of a terribly corrupt and broken system that is keeping Thailand in the 3rd World.

So, is this an 'anti-Thai post" or a factual post? 

Calling Thailand "home" lasts as long as they allow you to reside here, and that can be revoked at any time.  Hardly a solid foundation.

Now, to the incident.  If the various transport drivers on Phuket were not so "protected" in their criminal ways, perhaps they wouldn't be so quick to engage in a confrontation with a foreign driver / rider over nothing, or a Thai, for that matter.

As with most things reported in the media here, we never really know what the facts are, and where the fault lays, but, after so many tourists here eporting being ripped off, scammed, threatened, robbed, assaulted, raped, left on the side of the road, involved in an accident etc etc, from the various transport drivers here, forgive me if I lack some sympathy in this case, particularly in relation to the mob mentality of the other Thai's to join in and assault a foreigner. 

Apalling behaviour. 17 years ago when I first came to Thailand and spent a few days in Patts i cant remember this sort of now daily,seemingly excusable behaviour.

Maybe its just the decline in social behaviour all over the world.

A kick or hit in the head can easily result in the loss of a life and the perp spending the rest of his time in the slammer.Violence solves nothing

1:30s The Thai guy in the army shorts takes off his black tee shirt ready for action shadowing the Russian but doesn't pluck up the courage to do anything.
3:33s The same guy does a few muay Thai moves in the background away from the action to show what he could have done if he'd been up for it.

PS It was reported in Thairath that the taxi drivers objected to the Russians driving too fast and revving their englines so shouted at them to slow down.
The big Russian guy did a u-turn, came back and started swearing at them which lead to the fight according to the taxi drivers' version of events.
One of the Thais was also reported to have lost 3 teeth in the fracas.

On 10/28/2016 at 7:00 PM, Sparkles said:

Apalling behaviour. 17 years ago when I first came to Thailand and spent a few days in Patts i cant remember this sort of now daily,seemingly excusable behaviour.

Maybe its just the decline in social behaviour all over the world.

A kick or hit in the head can easily result in the loss of a life and the perp spending the rest of his time in the slammer.Violence solves nothing

Kick in the head is reserved for Thai thugs... especially applied when the victim is of his or HER feet...

On 01/11/2016 at 7:11 PM, yooyoo said:

Kick in the head is reserved for Thai thugs... especially applied when the victim is of his or HER feet...

Birds do it Bees do it even the Police on camera do it.Lets do it Lets All Be Thugs.

Need to get Sombody who is at home here to translate to Thai doesn't matter aboutt the Tune here..Animals..not the niice breeds.Human Animals.

Bkk Police springs to mind.

Archived