BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Krabi maths teacher stabs school director to death after raise refusal

Krabi maths teacher stabs school director to death after raise refusal

p2.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KRABI: -- A maths teacher at a Krabi school has turned himself in after he fatally stabbed a school director.

Sophon Piyathamkhun ,54, was stabbed once in the right side of the chest with a ten inch knife after he refused to give the teacher an increase in salary and an argument broke out, reports Thairath.

Ao Nang police went to Krabi hospital Tuesday but the director was already dead. At the school they found a pool of blood next to classrooms.

On Tuesday afternoon the teacher Anan Wandarei, 41, turned himself into police at the Ao Nang station where he was interviewed by deputy sergeant Songphun Bunchai.

Anan brought along the ten inch knife that he had used in the murder.

He told investigators that he had frequently argued with the director about his work schedule. When he was told on Tuesday that his salary would not be increased he decided to stab the director.

After that he went home. When he found out the director had died he turned himself in to police, he said.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-26

Seems to be the trend here lately, have an argument and then kill if the solution doesn't suit!

Guess we'll never know if this guy gets a prison sentence or just grovels and gets his cheque book out. 

In the school director's defense, I'm sure he didn't want to forgo buying another Mercedes Benz rather than giving the teacher a raise.  Doesn't justify violence on the part of the teacher, but we all know how school directors in Thailand handle their budgetary priorities.

Another one to file away for the next time I get the "Thai culture, farang no good etc etc" diatribe.

Sent from my twisted mind using Thaivisa Connect

Most likely due to the argument and not the raise itself...sends a clear message to management(most could not) that people can only handle abuse for so long.

I have to ask if thai folk are so immature that they resort to this type of behaviour to resolve issues?

Wow I am never telling people to visit the Land of Snuffies, los.

Dumb inhabitatants in a dumb world.

Weak little killers.

4 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

In the school director's defense, I'm sure he didn't want to forgo buying another Mercedes Benz rather than giving the teacher a raise.  

So, the School director already had a Mercedes Benz and he wanted to buy himself another one instead of giving his teachers a pay rise .

Was the School director going to sell the older Benz or was he going to keep both of them ?

He didn't mean to stab him. The knife just bounced off the wall.

36 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So, the School director already had a Mercedes Benz and he wanted to buy himself another one instead of giving his teachers a pay rise .

Was the School director going to sell the older Benz or was he going to keep both of them ?

I think you miss the point, the OP only surmised that the director had a Merc, he was making the point that..........never mind! :sad::wai:

1 minute ago, TPI said:

I think you miss the point, the OP only surmised that the director had a Merc, he was making the point that..........never mind! :sad::wai:

So, his point wasnt based on any actual facts ?

His point was that the Director was being greedy in not giving a pay rise ?

That point is also not based on any facts , just a wild assumption