Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I mistyped - you quoted me before I edited.

You've never renewed an extension of stay. How would you have any idea how long it takes?

Im not debating wether or not the actual time spent at immigration for the extension takes an "hour or two" I'm talking about the whole process. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Strange said:

Im not debating wether or not the actual time spent at immigration for the extension takes an "hour or two" I'm talking about the whole process. 

That's all it takes me. Hour or two in a chair and I'm good for the year. 

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

What "whole process"? Do you mean the letter from the bank? That takes around 30 minutes.

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

On average my 90 day report takes 10 minutes, the annual visa renewal maybe an hour tops, so I make that 1 1/2 hours total.

Not sure about your distance to your local immigration, or choice of reporting system, but do you live next-door to immigration? Not have to drive anywhere? Not have to prepare some paperwork? Do other ancillary activities in support of the extension?

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

Not sure about your distance to your local immigration, or choice of reporting system, but do you live next-door to immigration? Not have to drive anywhere? Not have to prepare some paperwork? Do other ancillary activities in support of the extension?

Are you really trying to pin someone down to minutes? I live 10 minutes from immigration, no paperwork necessary for 90 day reports, one form to fill out for yearly extension. If I stop and fill the car with gas on the way do I have to include that?

8 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

That's all it takes me. Hour or two in a chair and I'm good for the year. 

Didn't we already cover this? You honestly believe that an "hour or two in a chair" is all thats involved, time wise, to grant your privilege to stay in Thailand for an entire year? No other time involved? 

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't need a letter from the bank. Can't imagine it makes the process much more gruelling, though.

Nobody said its grueling. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Didn't we already cover this? You honestly believe that an "hour or two in a chair" is all thats involved, time wise, to grant your privilege to stay in Thailand for an entire year? No other time involved? 

Nobody said its grueling. 

Not time-consuming either.

Just now, Strange said:

Yes, I honestly think that. That's why I said it. 

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Not time-consuming either.

True, but there is more to it than an "hour or two and I'm good for the year"

Yes, I honestly think that. That's why I said it. 

Because you think it, and say it, it means its true? 

Just now, Strange said:

True, but there is more to it than an "hour or two and I'm good for the year"

Because you think it, and say it, it means its true? 

Just because you decide you know better, despite having never done it yourself, that means I'm lying?

I don't need the letter from the bank, so for me the trip to immigration is all that's needed. Hour or two there and I'm done for the year. 

I'm not sure why this is such a big deal for you to accept. 

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Not at all. You can easily get it done in that time. People make such a fuss about it, but it's really not much hassle, especially if you know what you're doing. 

Enjoy you border runs, though. 

Your posts don't add up.

You say you're in your forties. Fine. So you're not on a retirement visa.

You say you're not working in Thailand. Great. So you don't have a work permit or a non-immigrant B.

You claim to be married to an English woman. That's cool. So you don't stay here on a non-immigrant O.

You talk about ninety day reporting. Awesome. You clearly don't have an elite card.

So what have I missed?

2 minutes ago, Fabricus said:

Your posts don't add up.

You say you're in your forties. Fine. So you're not on a retirement visa.

You say you're not working in Thailand. Great. So you don't have a work permit or a non-immigrant B.

You claim to be married to an English woman. That's cool. So you don't stay here on a non-immigrant O.

You talk about ninety day reporting. Awesome. You clearly don't have an elite card.

So what have I missed?

You missed the fact that being married to an English woman doesn't preclude you from getting a non-O.

Nice stalking, though. You keep all that info in a special folder?

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

You missed the fact that being married to an English woman doesn't preclude you from getting a non-O.

How are you getting the non-o? I mean most of us are Thai Wife Non-O people as a start to the process. There are exceptions of course. Curious to know if this in any way simplifies your process. 

4 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Just because you decide you know better, despite having never done it yourself, that means I'm lying?

I don't need the letter from the bank, so for me the trip to immigration is all that's needed. Hour or two there and I'm done for the year. 

Im not calling you a liar, you may actually believe it only takes an "hour or two" per year to retain your privilege of staying in the Thailand. You may not want to consider the ancillary activities involved. Most people would though, and I certainly do. While its not a particularly painful process, its a process nonetheless, and misleading to say it only takes an "hour or two" and your good for a whole year.  

Nice insert ^^ we were never debating that. 

Just now, Strange said:

How are you getting the non-o? I mean most of us are Thai Wife Non-O people as a start to the process. There are exceptions of course. Curious to know if this in any way simplifies your process. 

It does make it simpler I guess - as I mentioned, I don't need to show a letter from the bank for example.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Im not calling you a liar, you may actually believe it only takes an "hour or two" per year to retain your privilege of staying in the Thailand. You may not want to consider the ancillary activities involved. Most people would though, and I certainly do. While its not a particularly painful process, its a process nonetheless, and misleading to say it only takes an "hour or two" and your good for a whole year.  

What 'ancillary activities'? I go to immigration, sign my name a few times, smile at the nice officers, and I'm done. 

11 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

It does make it simpler I guess - as I mentioned, I don't need to show a letter from the bank for example.

What family member are you getting the Non-O under? Or how are you getting the Non-O? I mean Im not sure why you are dodging this question, unless you are worried about it for some reason? 

13 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

What 'ancillary activities'? I go to immigration, sign my name a few times, smile at the nice officers, and I'm done. 

If you are on a Non-O extension of stay, witch you clearly got outside of what a majority have to do, what business do you have preaching about the simplicities of the process when its you that is the minority with a simpler process? 

Anyway, deflect much? 

59 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

That sounds pretty much what I do.

Have only ever done one 90 day report - and that was online.

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

What family member are you getting the Non-O under? Or how are you getting the Non-O? I mean Im not sure why you are dodging this question, unless you are worried about it for some reason? 

My wife. Sorry, I presumed that was obvious.

If you are on a Non-O extension of stay, witch you clearly got outside of what a majority have to do, what business do you have preaching about the simplicities of the process when its you that is the minority with a simpler process? 

From what I gather, the process isn't much more complex for those with a Thai wife - they just need the letter from the bank to prove whatever the financial requirement is. Another poster told us it took half an hour, which I've no reason to doubt. 

Why are you so upset about this, anyway? I'm not 'preaching' anything. I just pointed out that all it takes to keep me in Thailand is an hour or two at immigration once a year - which is true. 

4 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

My wife. Sorry, I presumed that was obvious.

You wife is English? Or Thai? Or Both? And not needing a letter from the bank showing an income or seasoned money? 

7 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

From what I gather, the process isn't much more complex for those with a Thai wife - they just need the letter from the bank to prove whatever the financial requirement is. Another poster told us it took half an hour, which I've no reason to doubt. 

Why are you so upset about this, anyway? I'm not 'preaching' anything. I just pointed out that all it takes to keep me in Thailand is an hour or two at immigration once a year - which is true. 

I mean by your criteria, how would you know what the process is if you have never done it? You don't have to prove a financial requirement, and this in and of itself is a massive gain in the hassle involved in getting an extension, but you down play it like its nothing? 

Not upset, just don't agree with your preaching about walking in to immigration all willy nilly with nothing but a pen in your hand and a smile on your face once a year for an "hour or two". 

Its nonsense and you say it like your on a throne of superior simplicity, and everyone else isn't as "enlightened" as you. 

14 hours ago, ardokano said:
14 hours ago, transam said:

OP, haven't you got this thread running somewhere else....? :saai:

Me, off to the gym soon, costs...20 baht....0.5 UK Pound..:smile:

On my way home I will but a few beers at 46 bht a pint.....1.0 UK pound...

Must not forget my cigs...45 bht for twenty.....about 1.0 UK pound.....:stoner:

bear?

you must kidding?

d480f6b28a784cba84a59c171f5e6e79.png

5512fe4d6e124337a3ebe00b15a081a6.png

052581065aaf4cdd9718be759b952c0f.png

PS

you may be not fastidious clean.
  but even so I wanted to know where the address are the same clean and neat/clean streets in Thailand, which can be found in UK

Why did you conveniently forgot to compare the other 2 items Transam mentioned.

I jump on the wagon of many other posters.

Don't feed the TROLL

You wife is English? Or Thai? Or Both? And not needing a letter from the bank showing an income or seasoned money? 

I mean by your criteria, how would you know what the process is if you have never done it? You don't have to prove a financial requirement, and this in and of itself is a massive gain in the hassle involved in getting an extension, but you down play it like its nothing? 

Not upset, just don't agree with your preaching about walking in to immigration all willy nilly with nothing but a pen in your hand and a smile on your face once a year for an "hour or two". 

Its nonsense and you say it like your on a throne of superior simplicity, and everyone else isn't as "enlightened" as you. 

I don't know how the process works for other people - I've picked up the odd thing here and there, mostly from stuff people say on here, but I can only vouch for how it works for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can fill you in with the details of how it works in other scenarios.

I'm not sure where you're getting this 'preaching' thing from at all. All I'm saying is that, in my case, all that's required of me is a couple hours at immigration once a year. That's all - I was talking about me, not anyone else. 

You've got all hot and bothered about this for some reason, but please, take a step back and try and look at things calmly here. I'm just one guy, talking about my particular situation. Not preaching. Not trying to be superior. Just telling it like it is. And for some reason you've decided to call me a liar, and then derail this thread for several pages to quiz me about it. 

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

Whoops, sorry, missed this bit. My wife is English - as previously mentioned. I've never needed to show a letter from any bank - I don't even have a bank account here. 

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't know how the process works for other people - I've picked up the odd thing here and there, mostly from stuff people say on here, but I can only vouch for how it works for me. I'm sure there are plenty of people who can fill you in with the details of how it works in other scenarios.

I'm not sure where you're getting this 'preaching' thing from at all. All I'm saying is that, in my case, all that's required of me is a couple hours at immigration once a year. That's all - I was talking about me, not anyone else. 

You've got all hot and bothered about this for some reason, but please, take a step back and try and look at things calmly here. I'm just one guy, talking about my particular situation. Not preaching. Not trying to be superior. Just telling it like it is. And for some reason you've decided to call me a liar, and then derail this thread for several pages to quiz me about it. 

Report it then. I mean you can't blame me when you yourself couldn't let it go either. Pretty childish there homie. 

Im not hot and bothered at all. I read BS, I call BS, we debate your BS, and now you are blaming me for derailing the thread. 

Im as calm as can be, but based on your lengthly reply and your high school attempt to convince me I'm being irrational, I'm getting to you, and thats good. 

You never, not once, said anything along the lines of "in my case", you even went on say that "most people make a fuss about it" and "if they know what they are doing" etc. When you, yourself, are not "most people"

Yeah, sorry, I'm too lazy go back and literally quote you through all these pages. Try and deal with it. 

Most people don't like being called a liar. 

All I do to stay here is spend a couple of hours at immigration once a year. That's a fact - and not even a particularly remarkable or controversial one. Why you've chosen to make such a spectacle of yourself over it is a mystery. 

12 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:
25 minutes ago, Strange said:

Whoops, sorry, missed this bit. My wife is English - as previously mentioned. I've never needed to show a letter from any bank - I don't even have a bank account here. 

Why do you continue to dodge the question? How, does your english wife, qualify you for a Non-O based on family, and exempt you from proving the typical financial requirements required to extend your stay?

6 minutes ago, Strange said:

Why do you continue to dodge the question? How, does your english wife, qualify you for a Non-O based on family, and exempt you from proving the typical financial requirements required to extend your stay?

Because that's how it works. I know a lot of people on this forum think that the non-O is the 'married a bar girl' visa - but in fact it covers anyone who's here accompanying a family member who has a legitimate reason to stay in the country. 

As far as I know the financial requirement is only asked of foreign men who are here living with a Thai wife. Can anyone confirm that?

Because that's now it works. I know a lot of people on this forum think that the non-O is the 'married a bar girl' visa - but in fact it covers anyone who's here accompanying a family member who has a legitimate reason to stay in the country. 

As far as I know the financial requirement is only asked of foreign men who are here living with a Thai wife. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes your English wife can be added to your retirement extension, but for the retirement extension you will have to show financial requirements.

Just now, Anthony5 said:

Yes your English wife can be added to your retirement extension, but for the retirement extension you will have to show financial requirements.

I don't have a retirement extension. I'm not old enough, for a start. 

Archived