Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:
7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Why do you continue to dodge the question? How, does your english wife, qualify you for a Non-O based on family, and exempt you from proving the typical financial requirements required to extend your stay?

Because that's now it works. I know a lot of people on this forum think that the non-O is the 'married a bar girl' visa - but in fact it covers anyone who's here accompanying a family member who has a legitimate reason to stay in the country. 

As far as I know the financial requirement is only asked of foreign men who are here living with a Thai wife. Can anyone confirm that?

And you still dodge. 

I mean no hate here man, I'm not sure if you are protecting your wife, or what the reason is, but your still deflecting. 

I mean, what, is your wife working here and you get the non-o for that? Company taking care of paperwork & stuff? 

Im very much knowledgeable about visas and how they work. I never, ever assumed you were lying about your visa or your wife, nor thought the non-o was a bargirl visa. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Strange said:

I mean, what, is your wife working here and you get the non-o for that? Company taking care of paperwork & stuff? 

Yes. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious. A lot of guys here seem to find the idea of a woman having a job somewhat far-fetched, though, for some reason.

I'm not dodging or deflecting anything. For some reason you've seen fit to spend five off-topic pages interrogating me about my circumstances to get to the rather mundane and obvious truth behind a throwaway comment I made - one I had no idea I would be expected to back up to this degree. 

Next time I post anything I'll be sure and accompany it with a few pages of supporting backstory incase you're reading. 

Some people here are weird

Shall we get back to the price of sausages now?

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Yes. I'd have thought that was pretty obvious. A lot of guys here seem to find the idea of a woman having a job somewhat far-fetched, though, for some reason.

I'm not dodging or deflecting anything. For some reason you've seen fit to spend five off-topic pages interrogating me about my circumstances to get to the rather mundane and obvious truth behind a throwaway comment I made - one I had no idea I would be expected to back up to this degree. 

Next time I post anything I'll be sure and accompany it with a few pages of supporting backstory incase you're reading. 

Some people here are weird

Shall we get back to the price of sausages now?

Are you now insinuating that I think its far fetched for a woman to have an income? I think its great, and I'm happy that your happy. 

You also told me in another thread that "2 heads, 2 incomes" does this mean that you are working in Thailand on an extended non-o? Got an internet biz? 

Anyway I don't really care about you, your wife, or either of your employment statuses. Only thing I cared about was getting to the bottom of why you believe its all simple and everyone else isn't as enlightened as yourself. Why its so easy for you to just waltz into immigration with your gleaming English smile and "sign a couple things" and waltz back out. 

If I'm weird, then you are just as weird buddy. You could have let this go, reported it, any number of ways to stop this derail, but you didn't. Your just as guilty. 

You seem to have a complex where you believe most expats are below you and on "bargirl visas" and you are in some way superior based on the fact that you are on married to an English woman. Its good. Im glad your happy. However, your not superior, and infact, pretty childish when cornered. The last thing a grown man should do is call foul like you are, and try to deflect responsibility like your doing now. 

Sausages it is. Until Next time. 

'I don't care about you. But I'm just going to ask a few more questions about your employment and immigration status, based on an obscure fact I've remembered about you from another thread'.

You sure chose an apt username, fella.

4 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

The :smile:rumor:smile: is between 500 and 700 baht.

I figured the thread needed a bit of 'lightening up'.:smile:

And how enormous is the naughty masseuse at that price?

Some of the girls I see outside those shops are kind of chunky, but I wouldn't call them enormous.

20 hours ago, transam said:

Again, in UK you must pay a tax to watch TV, in LOS you do not...So, which is more expensive to turn a TV on....Just answer....?

please compare similar.

Uk tv with Uk Tv. So you say you in Thailand for free UK TV? Is it?

And one more thinks if you 75 you not must pay tax for TV

as not must pay for hospital.

even if student not pay, 

PS

for watch TV you must BUY TV..

An price for some TV more in Thailand

If in UK its 1250 paund in Thailand 65K Bt..

As for  use fuel you need buy car..

you this is few pany. this is few penny.. ok few thousand per yer for electicity, parking,fuel etc..

But

61K paund for car in UK VS 10 million in Thailand..

A you serious? 7350000 B different its 171k paund vs your "tv tax" 145 you must kidding me?

12 minutes ago, ardokano said:

please compare similar.

even if student not pay, 

PS

you this is few pany. this is few penny.. ok few thousand per yer for electicity, parking,fuel etc..

But

A you serious? 7350000 B different its 171k paund vs your "tv tax" 145 you must kidding me?

Ahhhhh ardokano/georgemdmn,   Your still at it, ranting and raving how cheap UK is! Nothing else to do? Give it Up!:shock1:

13 minutes ago, ardokano said:

please compare similar.

even if student not pay, 

PS

But

You really are looking rather stupid to the readers here...:unsure:

19 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I have this year moved back to the UK, set up a second home as an insurance against Thailand going badly, and run 2 homes. 

I dont buy low quality junk. I am not living with lackys and farting through silk but I also am not using disposable plastic chinese crap. I can say with 100% certainty that 'for me' life in the UK is a lot cheaper. 

Fitting out a new home from scratch every pot pan plate knife fork chefs knives etc.. Mind blowing how cheap it was. TVs, stereos, home theater and games machines.. 

Basic food and drink shopping, cheaper for my purchases and alcohol far cheaper. Wine and craft beer is 1/3rd the price and I drink a fair amount of it. 

M sport BMW 5 series.. 1/4 the price.. 

Even my rent, utiltities, etc are cheaper and higher quality. I dont have a pool here tho, but still have an old boy do my garden. 

Lastly theres simply so much money here.. I started a biz in May, its making about 10k a month now, contracts in hand mean the biz should be making 40 - 50k a month profits at the 12 month mark. So in one country I simply spend costs in another I make a few 100k a year easily. 

Theres just no comparison for me. But the winter is coming so I will soon be back to asia. If it wasnt for the wife and dog I would just have a villa in portugal or spain. 

This hard reality.

But some one do not want to see..

9 minutes ago, transam said:

You really are looking rather stupid to the readers here...:unsure:

i am not looking any..

just fact in UK life its cheapest.  and its FACT..

if not

Can you bet?

I give all spending my cousin last year In LOndon.

PUT on deposit  in Thailand bank same amount.

And YOU tell me WHERE I buy/pay for all this is thinks in Bangkok.

if money  enough. I give you double amount i spelling after one year.

If not. You just me pay back all what i am spell.

So previous we  deposit in any escrow - i am double amount.You just one.

Ok?

what it be easy show who wrong..

And show me one  time you are Man..

you every time run away from you words.

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

i am not looking any..

just fact in UK life its cheapest.  and its FACT..

if not

Can you bet?

I give all spending my cousin last year In LOndon.

PUT on deposit  in Thailand bank same amount.

And YOU tell me WHERE I buy/pay for all this is thinks in Bangkok.

if money  enough. I give you double amount i spelling after one year.

If not. You just me pay back all what i am spell.

So previous we  deposit in any escrow - i am double amount.You just one.

Ok?

what it be easy show who wrong..

And show me one  time you are Man..

you every time run away from you words.

You seem to not understand that I LIVED in the UK for 57 years, I have now lived in LOS for many years and actually KNOW the difference in the cost of DAILY living and the cost of incidentals that arise, YOU do not....

7 minutes ago, transam said:

You seem to not understand that I LIVED in the UK for 57 years, I have now lived in LOS for many years and actually KNOW the difference in the cost of DAILY living and the cost of incidentals that arise, YOU do not....

So bet what problem? You can win 250-300K easy.

Ok than?

Again tell you as i see cost  middle quality(even not high or super luxury) in Thailand expensive.

And i can bet on this is.

I give proof.

2 minutes ago, ardokano said:

So bet what problem? You can win 250-300K easy.

Ok than?

Again tell you as i see cost  middle quality(even not high or super luxury) in Thailand expensive.

And i can bet on this is.

I give proof.

Why are you so insistent on proving this? Really, does anyone care? As many others have said, we live in Thailand because it suits us to do so. I didn't come here to save money, I came for the weather and a very relaxed lifestyle, and it does cost me less to live here, but that's purely incidental. So for goodness sake, give it a rest.

20 hours ago, beachproperty said:

Minimum standards are higher ......but the $100/sq ft for a house is using the MINIMUM acceptable quality of material and only using the cheapest labor you can find. Any quality house for example would probably be $200-$300/sq ft. 

The houses I have built in Thailand have all been built to a US standard, if not more, and they have cost me $25/sq ft. Which includes double walls with insulation inside, 12 mm thick windows instead of the standard 6 mm thick, 16mm instead of 12 mm rebar, and all custom tiles.

In UK my Uncle It has a normal brick house.
  with triple glazed normal wooden windows .
  Warm in winter and not hot in summer, and even without air conditioning.
  In Thailand do not even know where half of these materials what i was want in 2008.
  and the normal Italian plumber and a half times more expensive than in Britain.
  In the US, the price is even cheaper. so you  must kidding me then say in Thailand its cheaper.
  Eve about the quality work, I am silent.
  I in 2008 could not normally put a tile for parking the car and in the kitchen(I change 3!!! company)
  plus spoiled kitchen furniture.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

57 years snap me too, don't really understand how anyone could compare living in UK or Holidaying even to Thailand.

Referring to my circumstances living in Thailand if you maintain your extension money status it's by far less cost than UK.

I wouldn't have my 12 bedroom on-suite bathroom Mansion and you wouldn't have your Helicopter it stands to reason. 

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Why are you so insistent on proving this? Really, does anyone care? As many others have said, we live in Thailand because it suits us to do so. I didn't come here to save money, I came for the weather and a very relaxed lifestyle, and it does cost me less to live here, but that's purely incidental. So for goodness sake, give it a rest.

i do not talk any personality and cheeking how deep pocket.

Its up to you.

But when people some to say this out proof because they  GOD? another show proof and people appel for they adge? 

even in 80 can be dump and lie.

Just talking is eat?

And i like many thinks in Thailand and happy to visit,  but its not changed Thailand it more expensive than UK.

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

57 years snap me too, don't really understand how anyone could compare living in UK or Holidaying even to Thailand.

Referring to my circumstances living in Thailand if you maintain your extension money status it's by far less cost than UK.

I wouldn't have my 12 bedroom on-suite bathroom Mansion and you wouldn't have your Helicopter it stands to reason. 

One of my cosine is UK citizen live in London last 7 years. 

I look HOW he live. And know near HOW much they spelling.

So i need minimum double for  same( but some even cant be) style life in Bangkok.

PS

No need even live in country

enough to know the prices in the country.

And i am  talking for Normal life not any luxury

one car, one studio.

not any helicopter( in Thailand its can? i am not sure) and helicopter I am not thinking something super extraordinary and luxury if talking about US if you deep hobby  its fine even for worker.

6 minutes ago, ardokano said:

i do not talk any personality and cheeking how deep pocket.

Its up to you.

But when people some to say this out proof because they  GOD? another show proof and people appel for they adge? 

even in 80 can be dump and lie.

Just talking is eat?

And i like many thinks in Thailand and happy to visit,  but its not changed Thailand it more expensive than UK.

Now be truthful Ardo, have YOU ever bought a house or rented an apartment and raised children in the UK..?

YES or NO....

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Now be truthful Ardo, have YOU ever bought a house or rented an apartment and raised children in the UK..?

YES or NO....

House i do not buy.

I had studio but i sold.

And yes i am rent apartment twice.

Even now  have one studio in rent for me and my sister in London payment by half my stepfather and I.

SO?

4 minutes ago, ardokano said:

House i do not buy.

I had studio but i sold.

And yes i am rent apartment twice.

Even now  have one studio in rent for me and my sister in London payment by half my stepfather and I.

SO?

Where in London and what is the monthly rent, what is the monthly council tax....?

Just now, transam said:

Where in London and what is the monthly rent, what is the monthly council tax....?

Brent

320 per week we pay by 6 month so get discount 5%

all included.

Contract Company( we family company)  with landrord company

3 minutes ago, ardokano said:

Brent

320 per week we pay by 6 month so get discount 5%

all included.

Contract Company( we family company)  with landrord company

So at the current Thai exchange rate you are paying about 55,000 baht a month in an apartment in N.London which is not the cream of London locations, and YOU think that is cheaper than LOS......:cheesy:

Archived