Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

Just now, beachproperty said:

Well, if I don't eat it I wouldn't know the price!

Get up on the Wrong side of bed did we?

you do not eat radishes? What other vegetables / fruit do not eat? not for the reason that they do not exist or they are expensive in Thailand but because they do not like a lot to you?
  Or are you on a magical coincidence, not like everything that is expensive in Thailand?:post-4641-1156694572:

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ardokano said:

you do not eat radishes? What other vegetables / fruit do not eat? not for the reason that they do not exist or they are expensive in Thailand but because they do not like a lot to you?
  Or are you on a magical coincidence, not like everything that is expensive in Thailand?:post-4641-1156694572:

Not sure what your problem is ......BUT surely you have one.

There is no reason to be snide

I have just presented the facts according to the way I live MY  life .....which by the way ....is above standard and to my liking.

I suspect if the pound hadn't taken a dive you'd be much happier......good luck with that!

2 minutes ago, mania said:

We buy 2 NY Steaks for $9-10 USD or 350 baht at the store & cook at home

Cereal a large box of corn flakes is $1.89 USD  or 66 baht

how big?

in Thailand  for me its 105-180

steak its can say 600 up on my to my taste

so it can say double price( in UK it little be upper price than in US but still cheaper than in Thailand)

Property, fuel & services are much higher in the UK than Thailand. Property so much so, that it outweighs everything else by itself.

Eating out is higher too, but the cost of food in supermarkets is usually cheaper. Some clothing is very cheap and some is higher, but the quality is generally good (Thailand can sometimes be a bit hit & miss).

In summary, I'd say that day to day living for someone without a car is on par with Thailand, but the cost of property is a much bigger burden in the UK than it is here.

Ok guys

In total only Crossy give some example price in Thailand

accurate which can be compared with the same product

Its Ranger Wildtrak

In Thailand its 1200000 Bt  its near 27900GBP

In  Uk its 27800 so its SAME PRICE

but among the car it is rather an exception.
  in most cases more expensive cars in Thailand

2 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

While this reference is challenged I always checked that kind of statement with Numbeo.
I took 2 major cities in reference: Manchester vs Chiang Mai:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Thailand&country2=United+Kingdom&city1=Chiang+Mai&city2=Manchester

And then the verdict is clear.

Prices.png

Please can you show axample? do you have your mind and opinion? or statistic guys  play with your?:post-4641-1156694572:

I think he has Point,if one lives ones home lifestyle here it not cheaper at all unless you had a mid to lower income back in the World.Hotels here are cheaper in the 5star range , but a midrange Benz is an insult unless the Company buys it.Another point we miss is how old are we Posters?.IWas Very happy at Woodstock in sleeping bag with a few bad girls.Now it's the Hilton with Old Mrs and a Remy 60 years on.Jusy enjoy yourselves whatever your status your soon gone..[emoji352][emoji353]️

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Property, fuel & services are much higher in the UK than Thailand. Property so much so, that it outweighs everything else by itself.

Eating out is higher too, but the cost of food in supermarkets is usually cheaper. Some clothing is very cheap and some is higher, but the quality is generally good (Thailand can sometimes be a bit hit & miss).

In summary, I'd say that day to day living for someone without a car is on par with Thailand, but the cost of property is a much bigger burden in the UK than it is here.

Property..

"just pu..ssy, massage,  low quality  apartment, Fuel.. may be some another few thinks.. cheapest in Thailnd. (c)

PS

Property..for me it is, including at least 1000 m around

11 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

I think he has Point,if one lives ones home lifestyle here it not cheaper at all unless you had a mid to lower income back in the World.Hotels here are cheaper in the 5star range , but a midrange Benz is an insult unless the Company buys it.Another point we miss is how old are we Posters?.IWas Very happy at Woodstock in sleeping bag with a few bad girls.Now it's the Hilton with Old Mrs and a Remy 60 years on.Jusy enjoy yourselves whatever your status your soon gone..emoji352.pngemoji353.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I'm not a prude. and I poor guy. as I'm a player.

Yes i am like comfort. but not pray for money..

In London I be not the worst time of my life.

so compare comfort life.

about 5 stars hotels i am not sure its more expensive than in Bangkok. well, except that sometimes a little bit:post-4641-1156694572:

50 minutes ago, mania said:

I would have to disagree

We live in one of the top 4 States for being highest cost of living

We just got home in August after living over 4 years in Thailand

We keep very good expense records & we see it is almost identical in cost

for us to live here or there...truthfully a little bit cheaper here because we eat out less

than in Thailand where very good tasting foods can be found everywhere easily

Here we do better cooking at home for better taste

But yes for us exactly the same or a bit cheaper in US with higher quality

But......we own homes in both places so do not deal with rent rates etc

And what State would that be?

I lived in rural Calif. (Sacramento) and I can tell you that my housing costs were $3000 dollars a month ....(including everything but food and car)

That was 10 years ago.....I hate to think what it is now.

As for food and car I suspect the costs can be  on par with Thailand but I tended to overspend.

44 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

And the Bins... I pay 230 Baht a year for two bin collections per week.

I think you are lucky now if you get a bin collection every 2 weeks in the UK in many councils..........

Plus you have to separate everything which is a pain.........

OP - I would pay more in Council Tax for things like the above in the UK then I do for my Village charges here.

Also not sure why you keep going on about cars as it is well known that unless built here there are punitive import/duty charges so what is the point in going on about it.........:wacko:

If Thailand is so much more expensive that the UK why are Brits (many not very rich in UK terms/standards) retiring here ? Yes imported stuff are more expensive here and vehicles are more expensive but everything is relative. For example a normal small sedan will cost you B 2 million plus in Singapore due to the high registration costs while the same vehicle will be B 800 k in Thailand. If you want to eat western food everyday you should stay in a western country or start to make your own food. Restaurants selling western food have much bigger profit margins than Thai food restaurants. When I eat steak I buy Australian beef at Makro and BBQ it myself, at B 450 to B 550 per kg for rib eye. In a restaurant it will cost you B 1500 upwards. If you however eat Thai food and don't want to drive a new vehicle every year you live much cheaper here than most other countries in the world.

29 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

While this reference is challenged I always checked that kind of statement with Numbeo.
I took 2 major cities in reference: Manchester vs Chiang Mai:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Thailand&country2=United+Kingdom&city1=Chiang+Mai&city2=Manchester

And then the verdict is clear.

Prices.png

Your link price

f395ca7c624c4a97a3d6892c5b7df358.png

UK Mac price

d789e3d94278465d8ed2de49fcdf5bb5.png

Thailand mac price

68f5706da96f48a99d978cb378577ebd.png

So how can believe this is statistic compare?

5 minutes ago, topt said:

I think you are lucky now if you get a bin collection every 2 weeks in the UK in many councils..........

Plus you have to separate everything which is a pain.........

OP - I would pay more in Council Tax for things like the above in the UK then I do for my Village charges here.

Also not sure why you keep going on about cars as it is well known that unless built here there are punitive import/duty charges so what is the point in going on about it.........:wacko:

school. road. street cleanliness etc? you will not get out of the village? ;)

not only car.. 

you know how much sports equipment?
  My Thai friend asked me to bring from Europe Moto protection (helmet, jacket, gloves, armor)
  bicycle and golf clubs..

9 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

If Thailand is so much more expensive that the UK why are Brits (many not very rich in UK terms/standards) retiring here ? Yes imported stuff are more expensive here and vehicles are more expensive but everything is relative. For example a normal small sedan will cost you B 2 million plus in Singapore due to the high registration costs while the same vehicle will be B 800 k in Thailand. If you want to eat western food everyday you should stay in a western country or start to make your own food. Restaurants selling western food have much bigger profit margins than Thai food restaurants. When I eat steak I buy Australian beef at Makro and BBQ it myself, at B 450 to B 550 per kg for rib eye. In a restaurant it will cost you B 1500 upwards. If you however eat Thai food and don't want to drive a new vehicle every year you live much cheaper here than most other countries in the world.

I have a hypothesis why.

But topic not about this is.

make own western and many another food its same more expensive in Thailand

42 minutes ago, ardokano said:

how big?

in Thailand  for me its 105-180

steak its can say 600 up on my to my taste

so it can say double price( in UK it little be upper price than in US but still cheaper than in Thailand)

I am thinking about340gr each

They of course have much larger as large as you want

Things like whole turkeys here are 10baht per 453 grams / 1lb

24 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

And what State would that be?

I lived in rural Calif. (Sacramento) and I can tell you that my housing costs were $3000 dollars a month ....(including everything but food and car)

That was 10 years ago.....I hate to think what it is now.

As for food and car I suspect the costs can be  on par with Thailand but I tended to overspend.

Well as I said it is in the top 3 or 4 States

I am not in the habit of listing the state I live in online...you know how it is these days :wink:

But as I said for us these are the facts.

It is just about identical with a slight nod to cheaper here

But I will also say we live a simple life & own everything outright.

Never pay interest, rent etc

We live near a National park ...spend a lot of time hiking & biking there

If not then we go swimming. All things equal these things are way better here climate/cleanliness wise

But as luck would have it we are off tonight back to Thailand due to wife's mother

being in final stages of Cancer

So in some ways I will get a perfect comparison with fresh eyes

You know after 4+ years in Thailand I did feel so sad when we left.

Took a month & a half to get over it.

But now we are settled here & the sheer beauty is not to be discounted

But like I said tonight we fly & get to see Thailand with fresh eyes

Will be interesting

PS: by the way what you said about housing costs I understand that possibility but it never pertained to us as I was

a building contractor all my life. Built my home (quite a few) & also my kids homes. So costs for me was always

a fraction of someone buying a home. I just bought land

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Your argument has no merits. People have spent many many pages pointing this out to you. At this stage, you're just trolling. 

Where?

SO

car?

vegetables set?
  fruit set?
  cereals?
  education?

can you chose some and give proof?:post-4641-1156694572:

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

Where?

SO

car?

vegetables set?
  fruit set?
  cereals?
  education?

can you chose some and give proof?:post-4641-1156694572:

I can tell you that my wife and I live considerably more cheaply here than we did in the UK - and that our quality of life has improved at the same time. But I don't think you're interested in hearing anything others have to say. 

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I can tell you that my wife and I live considerably more cheaply here than we did in the UK - and that our quality of life has improved at the same time. But I don't think you're interested in hearing anything others have to say. 

I agree with you and can only think he is trying to up his post count or something as this is a to me a never ending discussion with no definitive answer - as everyone is different and all costs are relative. Simplistic - yes :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

we not talking about some personality.

we talking about price!!!

PS

you wife live cheaply than zero?

8 minutes ago, mania said:

PS: by the way what you said about housing costs I understand that possibility but it never pertained to us as I was

a building contractor all my life. Built my home (quite a few) & also my kids homes. So costs for me was always

a fraction of someone buying a home. I just bought land

That's fine....But the point was that to build in the US costs at a minimum $100/sq ft vs $25/sq ft in Thailand.

Thailand is Cheaper

2 minutes ago, topt said:

I agree with you and can only think he is trying to up his post count or something as this is a to me a never ending discussion with no definitive answer - as everyone is different and all costs are relative. Simplistic - yes :thumbsup:

I think he just envies those of us who live here, and makes this stuff up to help himself feel better about it. 

It's hard to tell, though, because his english is appalling. 

Archived