Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

14 minutes ago, ardokano said:

In Thailand Uk television it nothing cost? a you sure you talk about some ligal?

we not talking about crime thinks

Are you aware that it is forbidden in the forum?

As it seems you are a sandwich short of a picnic let me explain...Now YOU take your time so perhaps it might sink in, though l doubt it.....

In the UK if you have ANY apparatus that receives signals, television, PC etc, you must have a license...It costs 145 UKP.....In LOS you do NOT pay to receive signals...Now take your time....Read slowly what I have written, theres a good chap.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, georgemandm said:

You not get do you , you have no idea about this place you think you but when it goes  belly up YOU will see 

Well, I live here, so I think I probably get it more than you do.

What part of my comment about people who live here earning their money in Baht do you disagree with?

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

We are a household of 6 and cook every evening, our bottle lasts the same as chang mai's, 6 months, we have been here 11 months, got a bottle in Nov 15, changed it in April and one just the other day, so 6 months is close enough, 9 to 10 weeks, I suggest you have a small bottle or a slow leak, or are getting a less then full bottle. We pay 400 baht for a replacement bottle.

Well there are just us two and the maid ...it seems to get a lot of use ...never lasts more than two months  ...380thb paid for the bottle yesterday

9 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

It's not. A deluxe seat is 170 baht. 

Ok you most be  special I pay 250 

you could have a membership like lots of places here try to sell you 

thailand is just ok now but in the future not far away this place will cost you the same as back home , you see I not care I can live here and back home I can't spend the money I have I don't need to worry about price like lots of them here and back in there own country.

Ok you most be  special I pay 250 

you could have a membership like lots of places here try to sell you 

thailand is just ok now but in the future not far away this place will cost you the same as back home , you see I not care I can live here and back home I can't spend the money I have I don't need to worry about price like lots of them here and back in there own country.

Then you paid too much. Check their website. 

8 minutes ago, transam said:

As it seems you are a sandwich short of a picnic let me explain...Now YOU take your time so perhaps it might sink in, though l doubt it.....

In the UK if you have ANY apparatus that receives signals, television, PC etc, you must have a license...It costs 145 UKP.....In LOS you do NOT pay to receive signals...Now take your time....Read slowly what I have written, theres a good chap.

again. Do you look UK TV program for free?

U not 75 year old? :post-4641-1156694572:

4 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Well, I live here, so I think I probably get it more than you do.

What part of my comment about people who live here earning their money in Baht do you disagree with?

So what if you live what dose that make you not much .

i not care how you or anyone gets paid we are talking about cost of living and thailand is not as cheap as it was you get you understand it .

So what if you live what dose that make you not much .

i not care how you or anyone gets paid we are talking about cost of living and thailand is not as cheap as it was you get you understand it .

Nowhere is as cheap as it was. Your point?

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Nowhere is as cheap as it was. Your point?

Yes but you live in a country that dose not want you here do they and if they did it would not be so hard to live here with the visa  rubbish 

why would you live in a 3 rd world country and put up with some much  rubbish to live here I can never understand people like you gets me .

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Yes but you live in a country that dose not want you here do they and if they did it would not be so hard to live here with the visa  rubbish 

why would you live in a 3 rd world country and put up with some much  rubbish to live here I can never understand people like you gets me .

I don't find it hard to live here at all. I spend an hour or two at immigration once a year - hardly a big deal. 

I'm not 'putting up' with anything. I like it here. That's why I stay. 

5 hours ago, ardokano said:

I have a hypothesis why.

But topic not about this is.

make own western and many another food its same more expensive in Thailand

Then go and stay in a place where its not more expensive to eat your beloved food. If you need to eat western food here it will be more expensive. So the choice is either eat local or stop complaining. 

12 minutes ago, ardokano said:

again. Do you look UK TV program for free?

U not 75 year old? :post-4641-1156694572:

Again, in UK you must pay a tax to watch TV, in LOS you do not...So, which is more expensive to turn a TV on....Just answer....?

I don't find it hard to live here at all. I spend an hour or two at immigration once a year - hardly a big deal. 

So you don't have to report every 90 days ? 

Good if you like here up to you but it is not about you it is about the price of things here and about the price of things back in your home country so get back on to that 

What do you like about it? Take away the cost of living, yeah we get it, its cheap compared to the UK. Whats the benefit? 

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

No. One of my favourite things about living here is the easy access to loads of good places for holidays. Leaving the country resets the 90 days, and I rarely go that long without taking a trip somewhere. I think I've done the 90 report about twice - and never in person. 

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

What do you like about it? Take away the cost of living, yeah we get it, its cheap compared to the UK. Whats the benefit? 

A whole load of things - some of which are cheaper here, some aren't. Some don't cost a thing. 

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

No. One of my favourite things about living here is the easy access to loads of good places for holidays. Leaving the country resets the 90 days, and I rarely go that long without taking a trip somewhere. I think I've done the 90 report about twice - and never in person. 

So ther you go you have to be put out to live here .

look it is not about you get back on to what it is about cost of living 

11 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Good if you like here up to you but it is not about you it is about the price of things here and about the price of things back in your home country so get back on to that 

The UK is one of the most expensive countries in the world. But you do your own research.

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

So ther you go you have to be put out to live here .

look it is not about you get back on to what it is about cost of living 

What do you mean, I have to be put out to live here?

You think going on holiday is some sort of chore?

7 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:
12 minutes ago, Strange said:

A whole load of things - some of which are cheaper here, some aren't. Some don't cost a thing. 

I get it. Cheaper. Understood. 

But the benefits? A whole load of?

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

I get it. Cheaper. Understood. 

But the benefits? A whole load of?

See the post I quoted above.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs when people ask why someone likes Thailand on a forum devoted to Thailand. If you don't like it, why are you even here?

9 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

So you do have to report every 90 days, but instead, choose to go on holiday. I get it. I do the same. 

But this does increase the cost of living here. Blindly stating that "I only spend an hour or two" in immigration is a lie homie. 

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

See the post I quoted above.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs when people ask why someone likes Thailand on a forum devoted to Thailand. If you don't like it, why are you even here?

Decent deflection. Everybody has their reasons. I am honestly asking your reasons. Seems like we are about the same age and in the same financial group. I get it. Thailand is cheaper. 

What are your personal benefits? 

3 minutes ago, Strange said:

So you do have to report every 90 days, but instead, choose to go on holiday. I get it. I do the same. 

But this does increase the cost of living here. Blindly stating that "I only spend an hour or two" in immigration is a lie homie. 

I don't go on holiday to avoid the 90 day report - I go on holiday to go on holiday. Even on the couple of occasions I've run out the 90 day clock, I didn't have to go to immigration. 

I spend an hour or two at immigration a year. Three at the most. No word of a lie. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Decent deflection. Everybody has their reasons. I am honestly asking your reasons. Seems like we are about the same age and in the same financial group. I get it. Thailand is cheaper. 

What are your personal benefits? 

Read the post I quoted for you. I'm not avoiding the question - you're just not reading my answer. 

12 minutes ago, The manic said:

The UK is one of the most expensive countries in the world. But you do your own research.

Not no not care not live there do I .

tell Me is the money you get when you work good ? .

and if it is good , then it dose not matter how expensive it is .

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

Her you go again 4myego trying to tell people how  expensive Sydney is but you forget to tell people here how much you get when you sell that home in Sydney .

you try and sell that home in thailand no hop of selling it and getting your money back , try sell the one in Sydney you know it will sell and who knows how much millions.

last time you told me your food bill was $1,000 now you say $1,200 get it right.

$400 a month on utilities are you joking what do you have on all the time to use so much more like $200 .

you love to bag Australia to make  excuses for you coming to thailand and you know and I know you are not telling the truth as I have told you before you are in thailand because you was lucky to have worked  hard and made you money in Australia to live in thailand and you can go on and on like you do but that is the truth and sometimes the truth  hurts .

Thailand is not what it was , I agree it is cheaper then Australia but not much cheaper now .

I not care what it cost me to live in Australia or thailand it is what it is I just want to enjoy my life .

I have the money to enjoy Australia and thailand because of my hard work and no government hand out .

i say it as I see it no bulls??? But lots on here try and make  excuses for being in thailand like the prices and that is not the truth most come here because of there thai lady . 

Not to  visit temples .

tell me would you be in thailand to day if you did not have your thai lady ? .

I can see why you get banned on TV, you tend to irritate people me when you say they are full of BS !

I did sell my place back in Sydney, and yes Sydney prices do appreciate in value, the residential housing market has been on the up for 4 years, not seen before, and watch out for that landing though, because everybody is too focused on the up, thinking the bubble won't pop, hence one of the reasons I got out  of the market in June, that and becoming a non resident made it not feasible to hold onto with all the taxes etc etc, that the government wanted me, an Aussie citizen, to pay, because although I am an Aussie citizen, I am a foreign resident, "please", talk about hypocrisy at the highest level, while they open $1,400 cases of Penfold Grange at the tax payers expense, or have their dogs chauffeur driver in tax payer funded cars to their holiday house 120 kilometres away, only to have the driver return to pick up the minister later that day, thank you Australian government/s. I didn't bag Australia, I stipulated my comparisons to the cost of living in Australia Vs Thailand, however since you raised it, Sydney is very expensive, far too expensive, did you not hear, just yesterday inflation were up 0.7% more than what they anticipated, veggies up 12%, Thailand is much cheaper than Australia, your delusional.

You must have rocks in your head, $400 a month on utilities in Sydney is so easy, council rates per annum $1,200, water rates $1,200 per annum, electricity $1,400 per annum, gas $1,000 per annum, now my maths when divided by 12 months gives me $400, now that's without adding insurance on the place, and strata levies if you own a unit/villa/townhouse, so my monthly figure could be considered conservative, you must be on a disability pension 555

What are you going on about mate, you sound like a broken records, you definatley have a chip on your shoulder, it is what it is, I worked in Australia, I made money, and YES, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here, your point is ?, what many years ago, the british invaded Australia and took the Aborigines land and I prospered, get a life, if you love Australia so much, go and join the army and serve for YOUR country, I am sure all the politicians will join as well, get your hand off it.

It is irrelevant if property prices go up in Thailand or not for me, and I am grateful I met my wife, she was my ticket out of the land of slavery.

Do us all a favour on TV, go back to Australia, do not pass go, do not collect $200, just disappear from the forum, I am sure your derogatory ill informed comments won't be missed 555 

Archived