Price Thailand VS UK

ardokano

Just now, beachproperty said:

Sorry, mate, but Numbeo.com says that Australia is WAY more expensive than Thailand

"You would need around 3,653.21A$ (97,735.07฿) in Bangkok to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 7,300.00A$ in Sydney (assuming you rent in both cities). This calculation uses our Cost of Living Plus Rent Index to compare cost of living. This assumes net earnings (after income tax). You can change the amount in this calculation.
Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in Bangkok are 41.94% lower than in Sydney
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Bangkok are 49.96% lower than in Sydney
Rent Prices in Bangkok are 61.74% lower than in Sydney
Restaurant Prices in Bangkok are 65.53% lower than in Sydney
Groceries Prices in Bangkok are 29.56% lower than in Sydney
Local Purchasing Power in Bangkok is 57.50% lower than in Sydney"

So you believe all the s??? On the internet and you are not my mate get it .

my mates are smart and not come and live 

here because of one thing and you know what I am talking about.

i come and go to thailand and I can see with me eyes it is getting   Expensive  Thailand. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, beachproperty said:

I do wonder.....Is Ardokano and georgemdmn one and the same.....they both have limited English abilities and are spouting that Thailand is Expensive.

So if my English is not that good dose it make you better then me no it dose not 

Mr English 

you don't need good English live in this world and make money you need street smart , that you would not have because you come here to live for one thing and you no what I am talking about you did not come to thailand for the  temples did you .

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

So if my English is not that good dose it make you better then me no it dose not 

Mr English 

you don't need good English live in this world and make money you need street smart , that you would not have because you come here to live for one thing and you no what I am talking about you did not come to thailand for the  temples did you .

Well, georgemandm....your certainly right that you don't need good English....I was just pointing out the similarities between you and Ardokano....which include the propensity to go on and on

5 hours ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't go on holiday to avoid the 90 day report - I go on holiday to go on holiday. Even on the couple of occasions I've run out the 90 day clock, I didn't have to go to immigration. 

I spend an hour or two at immigration a year. Three at the most. No word of a lie. 

Coming and going from thailand at least 4 times a year to avoid border runs is a hell of a lot more than an hour or 2 at immigration.  90 day clock is still a 90 day clock regardless of if its a border run or "vacation"

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Seems George has never heard of inflation. 

Yes I do know about it more then .

I see it more and more when I come to thailand how it is getting more and more  expensive , cost me 30 % more to live here now because of the low thai bht for the dollar.

2 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

Well, georgemandm....your certainly right that you don't need good English....I was just pointing out the similarities between you and Ardokano....which include the propensity to go on and on

Good mr English I am happy for you 

7 minutes ago, Strange said:

Coming and going from thailand at least 4 times a year to avoid border runs is a hell of a lot more than an hour or 2 at immigration.  90 day clock is still a 90 day clock regardless of if its a border run or "vacation"

I'm not avoiding border runs, though. I'm just going on holiday. I don't need to leave the country at all - I just mentioned it because that's why I mostly don't do the 90 day reports. Even when I do have to do them, I don't go to immigration. 

Are you sure you understand how 90 day reporting works?

2 minutes ago, Andrew C said:

Western products will always be more expensive in Thailand because of the trade. Housing, food, and utilities are cheaper than it is in the UK though.

Ok you say the food I not no about the uk 

but in Australia you go buy a  roast chicken from the  supermarket at $8 thai bht 200 and the Australia one is big and  stuffed and here in thailand the  roast chicken that is a lot  smaller cost 139 thai bht . $3  cheaper in thailand but the thai one is small.

just one thing , I will say this the  restaurants are a lot cheaper here but that has a lot to do with the price of  Labour .

thailand is cheap yes but not for thai people, if you look at it from the thai people side of things thailand is very  expensive .

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

Ok you say the food I not no about the uk 

but in Australia you go buy a  roast chicken from the  supermarket at $8 thai bht 200 and the Australia one is big and  stuffed and here in thailand the  roast chicken that is a lot  smaller cost 139 thai bht . $3  cheaper in thailand but the thai one is small.

just one thing , I will say this the  restaurants are a lot cheaper here but that has a lot to do with the price of  Labour .

thailand is cheap yes but not for thai people, if you look at it from the thai people side of things thailand is very  expensive .

They would find Australia even more expensive though.

1 minute ago, SoiBiker said:

I'm not avoiding border runs, though. I don't need to leave the country at all - I just mentioned it because that's why I mostly don't do the 90 day reports. Even when I do, I don't go to immigration. 

Are you sure you understand how 90 day reporting works?

So your on 1 year extension of stay. Ok, still, an hour or two a year is BS regardless of how you stay here. 

25 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

I do wonder.....Is Ardokano and georgemdmn one and the same.....they both have limited English abilities and are spouting that Thailand is Expensive.

I dare say you could be onto something my dear Watson 555

1 minute ago, Strange said:

So your on 1 year extension of stay. Ok, still, an hour or two a year is BS regardless of how you stay here. 

Not at all. You can easily get it done in that time. People make such a fuss about it, but it's really not much hassle, especially if you know what you're doing. 

Enjoy you border runs, though. 

10 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Not at all. You can easily get it done in that time. People make such a fuss about it, but it's really not much hassle, especially if you know what you're doing. 

Enjoy you border runs, though. 

Like there is some secret that only the "Pros" know? 

Even if you only spend an hour or two, however unlikely, standing in front of an immigration officer per year, you will still be committing a lot more time on the whole process. So your "hour or two" is misleading. 

I choose to stay on a non-o visa as I typically leave the country a lot and don't have to do border runs, nor worry about re-entry permits. So yeah, Ill be fine, thanks. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Like there is some secret that only the "Pros" know? 

Even if you only spend an hour or two, however unlikely, standing in front of an immigration officer per year, you will still be committing a lot more time on the whole process. So your "hour or two" is misleading. 

I choose to stay on a non-o visa as I typically leave the country a lot and don't have to do border runs, nor worry about re-entry permits. So yeah, Ill be fine, thanks. 

I don't commit any more time to it. Couple of hours in a plastic chair, sign where I'm told to sign, job done for another year. Easy. 

2 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I don't commit any more time to it. Couple of hours in a plastic chair, sign where I'm told to sign, job done for another year. Easy. 

You don't have to do 90 day reporting? Online, or in person? 

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Didn't we already cover this?

I almost always go on a trip out of Thailand before the 90 days is up. I think there have been maybe two exceptions. Even then, I didn't go to immigration. 

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Didn't we already cover this?

I almost always go on a trip out of Thailand before the 90 days is up. I think there have been maybe two exceptions. 

Still believe that the whole process takes only an "hour or two"?

Dude im glad you are happy with it, but its just flat out misleading. 

5 minutes ago, Strange said:

Still believe that the whole process takes only an "hour or two"?

Dude im glad you are happy with it, but its just flat out misleading. 

Yes I do. 90 day reporting takes me no time at all. Annual renewing a couple hours. 

I'm not sure why you want to keep calling me a liar on that. 

3 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Yes I do. 90 day reporting takes me no time at all. Annual renewing a couple hours. 

Im not necessarily calling you a liar now that its clear your on extension of stay, but its still misleading insinuating that the process takes only an "hour or two" a year. You also have extra time on your re-entry permit, weather you do it at Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, or wherever. 

Im not necessarily calling you a liar now that its clear your on extension of stay, but its still misleading insinuating that the process takes only an "hour or two" a year. You also have extra time on your re-entry permit, weather you do it at Suvarnabhumi, Don Muang, or wherever. 

Nope. I get a multi re-entry permit the same time as my renewal. 

Seriously, dude, why do you have such a red mist about this?

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Nope. I get a multi re-entry permit the same time as my renewal. 

Seriously, dude, why do you have such a red mist about this?

No red mist, just don't agree with the whole process taking "an hour or two" because there is no way, at all, no matter how hard you try and simplify the process, that it only takes "an hour or two" a year to maintain your stay in Thailand. 

No red mist, just don't agree with the whole process taking "an hour or two" because there is no way, at all, no matter how hard you try and simplify the process, that it only takes "an hour or two" a year to maintain your stay in Thailand. 

Says the guy who's never renewed an extension of stay. 

5 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:
8 minutes ago, Strange said:

Says the guy who's renewed an extension of stay. 

I never said I renewed an extension of stay, you did. Are we fussing with semantics now? 

34 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

I never said I renewed an extension of stay, you did. Are we fussing with semantics now? 

I mistyped - you quoted me before I edited.

You've never renewed an extension of stay. How would you have any idea how long it takes?

18 minutes ago, Strange said:

On average my 90 day report takes 10 minutes, the annual visa renewal maybe an hour tops, so I make that 1 1/2 hours total.

Archived