Honest Bangkok cabbie has every reason to thank his passenger!

webfact

Honest Bangkok cabbie has every reason to thank his passenger!

333.jpg

Picture: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- An honest north eastern cabbie had every reason to thank his passenger yesterday.

After the driver returned a bag and money to the delighted Vietnamese businesswoman she rewarded him, reports Daily News.

She handed over not the usual few thousand baht but nearly 25% of the money in the bag - 44 year old Chart Jantha was given a thousand US dollars for his honesty.

This amounts to 35,000 baht.

Woo Thi Kim Feuang, 31, said at the FM 91 radio station that she hoped to get the bag back but in her heart thought it was lost for good. She praised the Thai people for their kindness and Chart for his honesty.

Woo and two other Vietnamese businessmen had got in Chart's pink cab near Pratunam on Tuesday and were taken to Pathum Thani where they

were on a sugar buying expedition.

Chart said that he had several passengers after that but later in the day a student found the bag in the back and asked who's it was. Chart took the bag into the radio station and announcements were made.

Staff at the radio station contacted hotels and found out that a police report had been made at the Khu Khot station in Pathum Thani. A passport in the bag was found and the owner was located at the J2S Hotel.

The bag contained 4,100 US dollars or about 143,000 baht, the passport and two phones.

Chart said that the money was not his and of course he should return it. He has been a taxi driver for 20 years and always returned

anything he found. This was the right thing to do, was good for the country and only what the departed king, his Royal Father, would require of him.

He was later pictured showing his respects to a picture of His Majesty after he had received his reward from the grateful Vietnamese lady.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-27

as regards losing phones in taxis, thai ladies seem to have their phones glued to their hands except when it is time to pay the fare, put the phone down on the seat pay taxi. get out,= phone gone. happened to a lady friend , lucky for her taxi guy returned the phone for a reward, i suppose its the old bribery thing again, culture, my mate taxi driver in the uk has returned loads of phones, never got a penny, but did he ask for any, no, just doing someone a good deed as one day he might lose his phone

I've had a Bangkok tuk tuk driver return 1km, find a porter for directions and then,  ran up 6 flights of stairs to find me to return my phone

just a story about kindness and honesty in Thailand

where are those damn naysayers, where are you where are you hahah

And for every honest one, there are a dozen, ready to fleece you as they take you to places on their "special route" .... or ready to fight you for honking your horn at their stupidity and selfishness in driving... or cannot take you to the place you want as they suddenly go on a break....

Im sure there are no stats or news reports on cabbies that DONT return anything

53 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

As for negative comments there is one already, its name starts with a T :whistling:

Oops you beat me!

Nevertheless it's a good gesture from both. I once dropped the equivalent of 10thb in african Muslim country. Some local local ran after me shouting Mr you lost your money! My point: good people everywhere. Bad people everywhere.

3 hours ago, Alive said:

There should be a website for Thai taxi driver's returning money, cellphones and other things.

Back home the "Carriage" office (police depot for stuff left in taxi's) is full to the brim. . . not as uncommon as you might think. 

One night I left my knee brace in a taxi; later that evening the door bell rang and my wife answered the door - the taxi driver had brought the device back - ' he said ' Nai leave his leg in the taxi!'
It's good to hear nice stories about these guys.

5 hours ago, thhMan said:

And for every honest one, there are a dozen, ready to fleece you as they take you to places on their "special route" .... or ready to fight you for honking your horn at their stupidity and selfishness in driving... or cannot take you to the place you want as they suddenly go on a break....

Im sure there are no stats or news reports on cabbies that DONT return anything

Hey you miserable old git,  don't spoil the party.  We're celebrating an honest man here.  Try smiling once in a while, it's good for what ails you. 

I don't think that the surname Woo is Vietnamese.  Perhaps she is of Chinese extraction or a journalist transliterated her name incorrectly.   The rest of her name should properly be "Thi Kim Phuong."  An admirably generous lady!

Archived