Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket

webfact

Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket

Phuket Gazette 

pkt2.jpeg

CCTV footage shows Mr Walter walking up to the tuk-tuk after the driver left. Photo: Karon Police

PHUKET: -- A British tourist was arrested and charged with theft yesterday after stealing a tuk-tuk driver’s wallet and other possessions from inside the taxi's cab while it was parked in Karon last week. 

After reporting the theft to Karon police on Saturday, the tuk-tuk driver, Tawatchai Namwong, posted a warning about the pilfering farang on social media. 

The post read: ‘A foreigner in a white car drove up and parked behind my tuk-tuk while I stepped into a Family Mart outlet in Karon. I had not locked my vehicle. The man opened the driver’s side door and stole my ATM card, driving licence and other documents. Please be very careful and lock your car door every time in order to protect your belongings.’

Full storyhttp://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Brit-arrested-tuktuk-robbery-Phuket/65773?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-10-27

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet the daylight robbery these same tuk tuk drivers perpetrate with their overpriced fares and boorish behaviour when on duty everyday goes completely unpunished.

Another fail for the BIB. And am not saying this idiot deserved to get his stuff stolen, but not locking his door is a pretty dumb move by any standards

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Whenever I think I have learned about the worst farang lowlifes and scumbags there is another superlative.

Well it was inevitable. Once you allow economic refugees in the country, crime is bound to escalate. Maybe allow visa exempt entries only for G6 countries.

12 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Well that didn't take long before the thread degenerated to its usual level

Presumably you mean the Thai bashing comments posted by some in an attempt to divert attention from the miscreant in the O/P.

14 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Stealing from one of the most upstanding members of society. How low can you get?

1 hour ago, docshock13 said:

In addition to the theft, he should be charged for whatever that is that appears to be on his head.

He looks Dick Dastardly or Casey Jones .

I was also mislead by the headline, I assumed he had stolen a TUK Tuk.

Gotta love the headline: Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket ...when there was certainly no tuk-tuk stolen, and furthermore not even a tuk-tuk involved in the story...lol

Maybe the headline could have accurately stated: Brit arrested for wallet theft in Phuket

But TIT - never let the truth get in the way of a good headline!

46 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Well that didn't take long before the thread degenerated to its usual level

He obviously ignores all the articles about Aussies, American, Dutch, Scandinavian, French etc etc criminals here.

Amazing how racist bigotry can blind the ability to read, comprehend and think.

34 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Presumably you mean the Thai bashing comments posted by some in an attempt to divert attention from the miscreant in the O/P.

Here we go again, my resident stalker

Ever thought of lightening up and developing a sense of humour?

Thailand is the land where I never take anything literally, even if something seems obvious. The English guy could have simply been lost, saw a parked taxi, stopped his car, walked up to the front of the taxi in the hope of asking the driver for directions, saw the driver was not there and then went on his merry way.

Archived