Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

Here we go again, my resident stalker

Ever thought of lightening up and developing a sense of humour?

Ha ha ha, Suradit69 develop a sense of humour? Suradit takes his duties as "Thai Apologist Number 1" very seriously.

Every one of his posts must denigrate "farangs", or paint Thais in a favourable light. That's all he ever "contributes" to this forum.

26 minutes ago, mettech said:

What a scum bag if he has no money to be here he should be kick out and make him to apologize to us farangs we are the one who stay behind and face the retaliation .

Arrai Wa? Make him apologize to "us" farangs? 

For the pedants, these vehicles are called tuk tuks by everyone in Phuket Province. The little 3 wheeled things found elsewhere can't get up the hills here.

Amazing that when the low life is a Brit. how so many want to make excuses for them. It's a different story if an Australian stuffs up!

Gotta chuckle at the usual suspects from the TV bitter brigade........inevitable that they'd blame the Thai driver for having his own wallet stolen......is it any wonder that the Thai Visa WOFs (whinging old farts) are considered a laughing stock by the other ex pats here........:sad:

29 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

In Phuket these are called TukTuks ...  as in private hire starting at 200 baht. We do have songtaews ... these are called public buses usually about 30 baht. See my avatar ...

But in most of 'Thailand' they are normally called Subarus regardless of actual maker.  They are based on Subaru Sambar truck.  But you enter from the side rather than two rows (songtaews).

Subaru Sambar Truck TC AWD (Stylish Pack) S510J 0505.JPGbangkoktransportation15.jpg

2 hours ago, z42 said:

And yet the daylight robbery these same tuk tuk drivers perpetrate with their overpriced fares and boorish behaviour when on duty everyday goes completely unpunished.

Another fail for the BIB. And am not saying this idiot deserved to get his stuff stolen, but not locking his door is a pretty dumb move by any standards

So have you ever made a "pretty dumb move" in your life? Of course not, right?

Darn, was hoping a whitey had driven off with a real tuk-tuk. That woulda been worth a laugh, but instead we have a petty pilferer (by the looks). Never mind, I'm sure the tuk-tuk driver will get over it and make up for it; he's probably ripping tourists off everyday in any case.

Score: farangs - 1 / tuk-tuk drivers - about 999,999

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Whenever I think I have learned about the worst farang lowlifes and scumbags there is another superlative.

I agree 100%. But if you added the word British in your post it would be removed. Why so thin skinned? Every other country takes a hit or two on here everyday big deal!

2 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

They are songtaews, not tuk tuks. ok?

Get over it- in Phuket they are TUK TUKs! There are some small songtaews used as buses on rural routes. Most regard a songtaew as a get on/get off vehicle with random stops- this is NOT how the tuk tuks operate.

I bow to the superior knowledge of people that do not live in Phuket though! :sorry:

3 hours ago, nkg said:

Ha ha ha, Suradit69 develop a sense of humour? Suradit takes his duties as "Thai Apologist Number 1" very seriously.

Every one of his posts must denigrate "farangs", or paint Thais in a favourable light. That's all he ever "contributes" to this forum.

Exactly.  "Suridit69" should get a life and enjoy Thailand.

Archived