Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nkg said:

Ha ha ha, Suradit69 develop a sense of humour? Suradit takes his duties as "Thai Apologist Number 1" very seriously.

Every one of his posts must denigrate "farangs", or paint Thais in a favourable light. That's all he ever "contributes" to this forum.

Let's not sell him short - he will be the first to inform you that you are NOT here on a visa - it is an extension of stay Got Damn It!

5 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i would call that a baht bus not a tuk tuk.

A "baht bus" is for multiple hire.  Whilst this vehicle looks similar, it is for individual hire, like a taxi. 

Also, they do not ply a set route, like a bus, or baht bus, but are hired from Point A to Point B.  

These vehicles are known as "tuk-tuks" on Phuket.

5 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Well it was inevitable. Once you allow economic refugees in the country, crime is bound to escalate. Maybe allow visa exempt entries only for G6 countries.

Yep, that will cure it because we all know there are no thieves in G6 countries.

3 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...that jack*ss is giving us a bad name......

We ALL got a bad name many years ago. 

Actually, I don't don't think WE ever had a good name here, but our money does, and that's the main thing Thai's are concerned with. 

So, on that basis, who cares what the Thai's think of foreigners here?  :smile:

16 hours ago, mercman24 said:

what is in a name. the point is that the Brit stole which is shocking as the tuk tuk drivers are a close knit community and will not hesitate to collectively retaliate against offenders .this  must one stupid or utterly daring Brit.

16 hours ago, z42 said:

And yet the daylight robbery these same tuk tuk drivers perpetrate with their overpriced fares and boorish behaviour when on duty everyday goes completely unpunished.

Another fail for the BIB. And am not saying this idiot deserved to get his stuff stolen, but not locking his door is a pretty dumb move by any standards

the two issues cannot be compared from any angle. stealing is different from boorish behaviour or overcharging.

16 hours ago, docshock13 said:

In addition to the theft, he should be charged for whatever that is that appears to be on his head.

whatever appears on his head is his personal right. that is no offence. the theft of course is unforgivable. he  must have know that there must be items of value in the vehicle. to steal the driver's licence is beyond any reasonable logic.

16 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

Stealing from one of the most upstanding members of society. How low can you get?

why people are known to have stolen from very old infirm persons, children and even disabled people. the world is full of scum bags.

15 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Thailand is the land where I never take anything literally, even if something seems obvious. The English guy could have simply been lost, saw a parked taxi, stopped his car, walked up to the front of the taxi in the hope of asking the driver for directions, saw the driver was not there and then went on his merry way.

thank you for making my day. nice joke. ha ha ha

15 hours ago, mettech said:

What a scum bag if he has no money to be here he should be kick out and make him to apologize to us farangs we are the one who stay behind and face the retaliation .

who is going to retaliate against you for the action of sole offender. kidding are you?

On 2016-10-27 at 8:46 AM, mercman24 said:

Yeah, that´s very observant. The thing though is that another brit or US citizen make something crazy in Thailand.
For me it´s just not about the car. It´s about seriously damaged people doing unbelievable things.

Archived