BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Brit arrested for tuk-tuk robbery in Phuket

2 hours ago, z42 said:

And yet the daylight robbery these same tuk tuk drivers perpetrate with their overpriced fares and boorish behaviour when on duty everyday goes completely unpunished.

Another fail for the BIB. And am not saying this idiot deserved to get his stuff stolen, but not locking his door is a pretty dumb move by any standards

So have you ever made a "pretty dumb move" in your life? Of course not, right?

Darn, was hoping a whitey had driven off with a real tuk-tuk. That woulda been worth a laugh, but instead we have a petty pilferer (by the looks). Never mind, I'm sure the tuk-tuk driver will get over it and make up for it; he's probably ripping tourists off everyday in any case.

Score: farangs - 1 / tuk-tuk drivers - about 999,999

This is a Songthaew, otherwise known as "Baht bus". Which is why the drivers do not pester you with "tuk tuk".

songthaew-in-chiang-mai-01.jpg

This is the sort of  tuk tuk seen outside Phuket. Drivers will pester you with "tuk tuk".

Tuk_Tuk.jpg

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Whenever I think I have learned about the worst farang lowlifes and scumbags there is another superlative.

I agree 100%. But if you added the word British in your post it would be removed. Why so thin skinned? Every other country takes a hit or two on here everyday big deal!

Damn...Some farang stole the money that I stole from other farang

Is that what they are implying?

Thailand can be confusing sometimes...lol

2 hours ago, teacherpaul said:

They are songtaews, not tuk tuks. ok?

Get over it- in Phuket they are TUK TUKs! There are some small songtaews used as buses on rural routes. Most regard a songtaew as a get on/get off vehicle with random stops- this is NOT how the tuk tuks operate.

I bow to the superior knowledge of people that do not live in Phuket though! :sorry:

Maybe people in Phuket call them tuk-tuks, but they are not.

The Thai road laws treat tuk-tuks very differently to four-wheel vehicles..... but I realise this is getting into semantics.

Same, same, but different?

I would say 30 days behind the tall mysterious wall and then the boot will suffice. Good luck 

I knew that Britishbrickbat (or whatever) was going to have dire consequences on the Brit tourists. That "hat" appears to be the leavings of  an American Brown bear.

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i would call that a baht bus not a tuk tuk.

I would call it a pirate's cab...

He was supposed to go to Cox's and get a seersucker hat. Instead he went to Sears.

1 hour ago, gemguy said:

Damn...Some farang stole the money that I stole from other farang

Is that what they are implying?

Thailand can be confusing sometimes...lol

Maybe the Thai Police nicknamed him the "Robin Hood tuk-tuk thief."  :smile: 

3 hours ago, nkg said:

Ha ha ha, Suradit69 develop a sense of humour? Suradit takes his duties as "Thai Apologist Number 1" very seriously.

Every one of his posts must denigrate "farangs", or paint Thais in a favourable light. That's all he ever "contributes" to this forum.

Exactly.  "Suridit69" should get a life and enjoy Thailand.