'All the way from Thailand': Mark Kirk questions Tammy Duckworth's heritage

webfact

Thnks JLCrab. I hadn't seen that. It's amazingly detailed. 59 pages! I downloaded it. My argument here is that from what I have seen online there is no evidence of Tammy Duckworth every having publicly condemn the groups who perpetrating and perpetuating this state of fear in Thailand.

There are reports over the last weeks of witch hunts going on in Thailand, Australia, France and Sweden. My guess is this is most likely going on in the US as well.  I saw another story today of a man who was let go from his job in Australia because his boss feared problems. I don't agree with his being laid off/fired but the problem really is this violent group that terrorizes inside and outside of Thailand. Tammy Duckworth should get some research going on this group which really is a terrorist group. She can't deny this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-28/thai-activist-fired-from-sydney-job-over-vigilante-fears/7976370?WT.mc_id=newsmail

Ms. Duckworth needs to exercise care in her criticism of Thailand.  She most likely has family who may pay a price for any off-the-cuff remarks.   She also has to be careful about any comments that could be construed as representing the official position of the US gov't.  

I suspect that any pressure and concerns that she may have go through the State Department.   As it stands, Ms. Duckworth has her hands full representing the people of her district.  

Just because of her position she needs to speak. Maybe she shouldn't be senator then if her family can be held hostage? She should have expressed herself long ago. She doesn't deserve to be a senator if she can't speak the truth about something that has affected her family her whole life. But then again, maybe she is just a supporter of fascism abroad and the taking away of human rights. Her mother may have brainwashed her like she was brainwashed growing up in Thailand. Or maybe she never gave  crap about her mother and that side of the family, you know 'the savages' in Thailand. She put them on ignore. She's just proud of her heritage for political purposes. What a sell out she would be in that case.

14 hours ago, Alive said:

Ayjaydee I hear your frustration and I totally agree. I think she agrees too but then what values does she hold??? Why doesn't she speak up when talking to Thai-Americans? She should condemn what certain groups are doing in Thailand and now probably on American soil. Of course, you know that I cannot post the truth about Thailand here because of fear and laws. She doesn't live in Thailand but says nothing. She touts her heritage and connections to climb the political ladder. Doesn't she believe in human rights and democracy for people in Thailand? She could speak for freedom, justice and human rights in Thailand. She's a coward or another crafty politician. Americans don't know about the Thai story so if she keeps quiet about it she won't be forced to take a stand for human rights which she would have done already if she had any courage and morality.

well, looking at your posts, I expect someone monitoring this site has taken note of your thinly veiled criticism so I'll take this opportunity to say goodbye now inn case youre gone tommorrow

That's the reason Tammy as a US senator with Thai connections has to speak out more. It's pretty simple and she has so far proven herself unwilling to make her voice heard for human rights unequivocally. If the Republicans don't go after this now, it will always be a weak spot, an achille's heel, for any opponent to make her look like a coward and hypocrite. She never has to visit Thailand again. Her duty is only to America. Tammy needs to prove herself.

46 minutes ago, Alive said:

That's the reason Tammy as a US senator with Thai connections has to speak out more. It's pretty simple and she has so far proven herself unwilling to make her voice heard for human rights unequivocally. If the Republicans don't go after this now, it will always be a weak spot, an achille's heel, for any opponent to make her look like a coward and hypocrite. She never has to visit Thailand again. Her duty is only to America. Tammy needs to prove herself.

I've heard of some strange beliefs about politics but the notion that the Illinois electorate care about the political disposition of any nation in SE Asia is bonkers. If anything, were Rep. Duckworth to go on about Thailand, it might stir some Republicans to accuse her of divided loyalties.  In fact, if Republicans were to attack her for not addressing the issue, I'm sure Democrats would exploit that accusation to accuse the Republicans of backing Kirk's unfortunate comment questioning her American roots. Get a grip.

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I've heard of some strange beliefs about politics but the notion that the Illinois electorate care about the political disposition of any nation in SE Asia is bonkers. If anything, were Rep. Duckworth to go on about Thailand, it might stir some Republicans to accuse her of divided loyalties.  In fact, if Republicans were to attack her for not addressing the issue, I'm sure Democrats would exploit that accusation to accuse the Republicans of backing Kirk's unfortunate comment questioning her American roots. Get a grip.

Are you joking? By condemning the abusive forces just once publicly in the past when she was meeting with Thai-Americans was all she had to do. There's no evidence of it. Don't you think a Jewish American would make a statement on Israel? Don't you think an Iranian American would make a statement at some point? A Mexican American? A Russian American? She was born in Bangkok.  Get real!

Archived