Drawing attention to yourself - backpackers arrested for ganja party at "Overstay"

rooster59

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/30/2016 at 8:24 AM, jonclark said:

There have been a lot of comments about the alleged use of drugs and its merits and the law. But, very few comments about why this place was raided.

Imo, it was very simply utter stupidity and arrogance on the part of the owner of this place, that during a very unique time of mourning; when all establishments have been told or have simply volunteered to tone down their entertainments - even deeply cultural entertainments, such as Loy Kratong have been affected.Yet  for this place its business as usual. but now they get noise complaints - possibly frequent, combined with possible gossip on drug use, in an establishment situated not too far from Sanam luang.  Honestly? Ignorance and arrogance of the highest order!

Had the whole country not been in a period of national mourning, it would have been business as usual for the overstay, as clearly these parties have been going on for a while. Noise from parties and holidaymakers in and around Khao San is part of the territory and one most businesses exploit and accept.  

A poor lapse of judgement on the part of the owner given these unique times. 

Ive never met a smart isreali. They are all the same. Go back home dude and ride your camel

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Still hard to beat the drug user rate of Singapore at 0.005%.

Guess that depends whether the barometer used to gauge a society is 'least drug use', or 'more enjoyable place to live'.

Wouldn't live in that sanitised borefest if you paid me (people have tried to as it happens :D)

11 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Guess that depends whether the barometer used to gauge a society is 'least drug use', or 'more enjoyable place to live'.

Wouldn't live in that sanitised borefest if you paid me (people have tried to as it happens :D)

I agree but it used to be fantastic.

3 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Whatever you belive in your weed fried mind. I was not describing anything I was merely quoting an expert but of course you know far better.

HOW remarkably naive you are.

Perhaps you should give refer to weed another viewing.

Why do you assume that anyone not prepared to condemn use of illegal drugs is automatically a user or an addict?

Oh wait, silly me.

I forgot which forum I'm posting on.

6 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Here are the top ten most enjoyable places to live:

http://www.countrydetail.com/top-10-drug-addicted-countries-in-the-world-with-most-drug-use/

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Interestingly Portugal where all drugs are decriminalised doesn't feature on that list, also Holland with it's lax drug laws doesn't feature.

Iran comes number 1 in this list I haven't been to Iran so I don't know for sure but I would imagine that the anti drug laws there are quite severe but they don't seem to work as a deterrent.

So your list sort of proves that prohibition of drugs doesn't work and there are more drug addicts in countries where drugs are prohibited than the countries where drugs aren't prohibited.

7 hours ago, zd1 said:

Interestingly Portugal where all drugs are decriminalised doesn't feature on that list, also Holland with it's lax drug laws doesn't feature.

Iran comes number 1 in this list I haven't been to Iran so I don't know for sure but I would imagine that the anti drug laws there are quite severe but they don't seem to work as a deterrent.

So your list sort of proves that prohibition of drugs doesn't work and there are more drug addicts in countries where drugs are prohibited than the countries where drugs aren't prohibited.

Note: Iran, Afghanistan and Mexico are production countries with high number of poor.

And we have call in this topic for the freedom to grow our own weed.

8 hours ago, zd1 said:

It is interesting that some here equate illicit. recreational drug use with drug addiction.

I smoked marijuana daily for over 30 years.

When I moved to Thailand where the drug laws are pretty severe compared to my home country, I stopped, "cold turkey" and have not even seen any marijuana for over five years.

No problem, I do not miss it at all.

I was never addicted to marijuana, I just enjoyed it.

There is a huge difference between use and addiction.

Now, let's think about tobacco.

Tabacco is not illegal but it is proven to be more addicting than heroin.

A tobacco smoker is an addict, a pot smoker is not.

Do you get it now?

I really don't care if individuals decide to smoke weed/cigarettes /drink alcohol. It's individuals choice. 

AS an individual who smokes cigarettes or drinks alcohol  (as long as you don't drive in the latter case) then you are within your rights and within the law (subject to DD laws of course.

As an Individual who smokes weed. you are breaking the law of the land regardless of your thoughts or opinions on this and as such if caught, you should be prepared to suffer the consequences. no bleating no oh I'm being victimised no but it's only weed. 

But we all know that won't happen because the weed users know better than anyone else better than experts better than the Law.

Most weed smokers I know have more excuses than ford have cars. All belive they are right and everyone else is wrong as will be proved by answers to this.

Your Jesus was not a Christian, he was a Jew who was born and lived his entire life in Isreal.

I think that would make him an Israeli and

not so smart as well.

Just like you.

Why did you even post such a stupid racist statement ?

P.S. He was also the very first tall, light skinned , brown haired European ever born in the middle east.

Think about that as long as you like, but don't hurt yourself trying.

9 hours ago, willyumiii said:

It is interesting that some here equate illicit. recreational drug use with drug addiction.

I smoked marijuana daily for over 30 years.

When I moved to Thailand where the drug laws are pretty severe compared to my home country, I stopped, "cold turkey" and have not even seen any marijuana for over five years.

No problem, I do not miss it at all.

I was never addicted to marijuana, I just enjoyed it.

There is a huge difference between use and addiction.

Now, let's think about tobacco.

Tabacco is not illegal but it is proven to be more addicting than heroin.

A tobacco smoker is an addict, a pot smoker is not.

Do you get it now?

Of course I get it, I actually agree with what you stated, my comment was aimed at another poster who posted a link of a list of the top ten countries with drug addicts and I posted that the countries where drugs are decriminalised were not on that list which I thought was interesting in this debate.

I agree that marijuana isn't physically addictive like heroin, alcohol or tobacco, it is mentally addictive like you found out yourself, with a mental addiction there aren't any physical symptoms or sickness involved in withdraw it is more your brain saying I could do with a bit of that now, within a few days the brain stops thinking about it and things go back to how they were before you started smoking marijuana.

Marijuana isn't the only drug that isn't physically addictive LSD and ecstacy aren't either they are probably not mentally addictive either.

I also believe that you should obey the law of the land you are in whether or not you agree with the law yourself like it seems you have done yourself. While I don't agree with the war on drugs and don't agree in the prohibition of drugs I think it would be extremely foolish to do drugs in any country where the laws are so severe it simply isn't worth it.

10 hours ago, trogers said:

Note: Iran, Afghanistan and Mexico are production countries with high number of poor.

And we have call in this topic for the freedom to grow our own weed.

So is it only poor people who do drugs then?

Archived