What's the nightlife Iike in Chiang rai?

wellred

I'll be visiting for the first time and was wondering what the nightlife is like say compared to Loi Kroh in neighbouring Chiang Mai?

I'm only in town for 3 nights so is there enough in the way of entertainment to keep a single guy company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For night life, you might want to get a telescope and look up at the sky - but there's glare from light pollution.

Peace Bar is a sort-of hippie Rastafarian place on Jetyod road.   I went there years ago to play blues guitar on Friday nights.  It was ok, though the stage is smaller than a bus toilet room.   Haven't been there in awhile, so don't know how it's doing.   There's smell of rope burning in the back, if that interests anyone.

For night life, you might want to get a telescope and look up at the sky - but there's glare from light pollution.

Peace Bar is a sort-of hippie Rastafarian place on Jetyod road.   I went there years ago to play blues guitar on Friday nights.  It was ok, though the stage is smaller than a bus toilet room.   Haven't been there in awhile, so don't know how it's doing.   There's smell of rope burning in the back, if that interests anyone.

I read this link which suggests there are a small but decent number of beer bars on Jetyod south of the Clock tower. Is this not correct?

http://www.thailandredcat.com/nightlife-and-thai-girls-in-chiang-rai/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there are bars and food along Jet Yod road where you can meet expats and travelers for a few beers and good conversation. There is enough to do in the downtown area night bazaar, massage etc to pass your three day stay. The scene is very toned down compared to Loh Kroh but very relaxed atmosphere.

• 2 months later...

Archived