Good alternatives to Amari Don Muang Hotel

tails

Recommendations please for a good alternative to Amari Don Muang Hotel

- within 1-2km

- decent price (i.e. 1000-2500 per night)

- good breakfast

- real coffee

We checked out the new SleepBox but it seems to be a short stay room as opposed to a real hotel.

I don't know  what the issue is with the Amari, but I use it  about 2X a year when I have an early morning flight and it's worth it. The rooms are dirt cheap,and  are available from 1700-2000 baht depending on when booked. If one wants cheaper then one will have to accept  a low quality facility that requires a taxi fare and commuting time and the risk of bedbugs, and crime. etc.  The value proposition to save 500 baht isn't there.

I usually pay 4500-6500 to stay at the  BKK Novotel and I would prefer to stay at the Amari as the quality is similar.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Google  "Don Muang Boutique House "

Gets good reviews and about ten minutes from the airport.  About 400Bht upwards.  They do a good breakfast.  You will need the address in Thai - or get their phone number and have the taxi driver speak with staff.  They are on the East side of the airport.  I know someone who uses this place regularly and has recommended it to me.  Not perfect but even with the taxi fare it is great value. 

Archived