Google Pixel

PattayaBoy

There is a huge area in the top & bottom that is not screen, so if it's a 5.5" that thing must be huge.

31.000 for the 32GB version, 3GB ram, well XL is 4, what's the catch?? My 200$ phone is 4gb ram & 32rom, 5.5 full HD and usb C, fingerprint scanner, the battery is 4000mA. Mine also comes shipped in a almost Nexus like experience, not many apps preloaded and no Chinese ones.

I pass too.

On 11/5/2016 at 2:35 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

There is a huge area in the top & bottom that is not screen, so if it's a 5.5" that thing must be huge.

31.000 for the 32GB version, 3GB ram, well XL is 4, what's the catch?? My 200$ phone is 4gb ram & 32rom, 5.5 full HD and usb C, fingerprint scanner, the battery is 4000mA. Mine also comes shipped in a almost Nexus like experience, not many apps preloaded and no Chinese ones.

I pass too.

I am looking to change my older Galaxy Note sometime and looking at options. Pixel XL was one option til I saw the price.  LG V20 looks interesting. If you don't mind, what phone do you have, Guzzi?  We all know what bike you have!! LOL 

1 minute ago, The Deerhunter said:

I am looking to change my older Galaxy Note sometime and looking at options. Pixel XL was one option til I saw the price.  LG V20 looks interesting. If you don't mind, what phone do you have, Guzzi?  We all know what bike you have!! LOL 

I got a UMI Super, quite happy with it. You can check it out a Gearbest, they don't sell it in Thailand as far as I know.

It's off-course your decision which phone you buy but I found that you can get a fairly good mid range phone for about 200$ and I see no need for spending more but others might look at it differently.

No I don't have a Moto Guzzi anymore (sadly) but a modest Versys650, LOL.

On 08/11/2016 at 9:09 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

I got a UMI Super, quite happy with it. You can check it out a Gearbest, they don't sell it in Thailand as far as I know.

It's off-course your decision which phone you buy but I found that you can get a fairly good mid range phone for about 200$ and I see no need for spending more but others might look at it differently.

No I don't have a Moto Guzzi anymore (sadly) but a modest Versys650, LOL.

Looks a great phone for the money

• 2 months later...

Pixels now available at AOB Mobile for around 25K for the 32GB.  It'll be a choice between that or the Galaxy S8 (which will be out when it comes time to replace my iPhone 6) when I change next.  My only worry is that the Pixels (along with the Galaxy's sold by the likes of AOB) will be grey imports which concerns me in case there are warranty issues.  Saving 5-7k on the phone is great until you have a problem and in such cases warranty support from Samsung Thailand (you would hope) would be better than importer / supplier based warranties.  In some cases though, I know the importers / suppliers use the same repair facilities as the manufacturers.  Not sure if that's the case in Thailand.  Sure like the Pixel though, and comes minus the still overly heavy Samsung bloatware. 

The camera flare is a bit of a concern and, for all the S7s bloat problems I do like their 'Do not disturb' implementation and the 'always on' face that shows date and time that I find I'm constantly waking the iPhone to check.

I think any Pixel here will be grey market - I haven't seen any service provider tie-ins yet - so doubt HTC would provide warranty repair. No clue if they'd even even be able to service it?

I think the smaller model, with 32 GB, is $650 USD (~ 23,000 THB) from the Play Store. I was considering getting one on a trip at Christmas but still like my Nexus 6.

The OnePlus 3T has similar HW, save the display, and an awesome UI/ROM, 4 GB/64GB, 16,000 THB.

Yah.  I'm certain any Pixel will be grey market too.  I know it's rare to get problems with phones these days but people DO get duds / DOAs or phones that just flunk out in the first year.  The Pixel isn't cheap in any book and I'd be less than enthusiastic about buying one here at Thai prices without a good warranty.

I might look at the One Plus 3 closer to the time.  I've just opened up a post-paid number with AIS though, and I can get an S7 at a hefty discount if I fancy going that route.  About 17k IIRC.

Ive owned the Nexus 4 and now 5x. Wife has 6p. It was just too big and too expensive for me (my phone needs are minimal). Great phones both running 7.1.1 and rec'd OTA update a week ago, security patch. They were bought in states, both Intl versions too.

But I'd not pay premium here for Nexus, especially pricey new phones. Lots of great phones out there. Oppo, Huawei, LG.

Don't they all :saai:  Beyond me how with each iteration of the iPhone when they talk about x% improvement in battery life their battery life is just as crap as the very first iPhone 3GS I had 8+ years ago.  iPhones have great battery life if you don't use them.

Like the idea of the Pixel.  Price is a bit steep though, especially here with the probable lack of warranty support if it dies.  Same with Nexus.

Archived