Playing Pool Under Patong League Rules

Paul10

Hi,

In Phuket you have different rules from many different League, if you go and play in Raway they have another rules.  Why not follow the International Regulations all over Phuket ?

And this is why many Bars in Karon, Kata and other places do not bother and play in Patong League now more, they make their own rules in Patong.

http://www.tommyguns.ca/official-rules-of-pool.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackball_(pool)

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 9:48 AM, Paul10 said:

Can anyone explain to me the rules governing the occasion when a player can cue the white onto his opponents ball under Patong rules

If "Patong rules" state that it is not a foul to hit your opponent's ball first, then the rules need changing.

I played the winners of the Patong league a couple of years ago at a hotel - just a "friendly" match, 8 of them vs. 8 of us. I won my two games - singles and doubles - and then left. When the opposition guy started talking to me just as I was about to pocket the 8-ball, it reminded me of why I don't play in those crappy leagues.

PS. I play by the World Pool-Billiard Association rules - none of this "local" nonsense.

25 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

If "Patong rules" state that it is not a foul to hit your opponent's ball first, then the rules need changing.

I played the winners of the Patong league a couple of years ago at a hotel - just a "friendly" match, 8 of them vs. 8 of us. I won my two games - singles and doubles - and then left. When the opposition guy started talking to me just as I was about to pocket the 8-ball, it reminded me of why I don't play in those crappy leagues.

PS. I play by the World Pool-Billiard Association rules - none of this "local" nonsense.

You are luck you were not subjected to JP Bar rules which state that a drugged out skank bargirl can poke her finger up your trousered bum just as you are about to unleash the winning shot on the black.

19 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:
19 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

You are luck you were not subjected to JP Bar rules which state that a drugged out skank bargirl can poke her finger up your trousered bum just as you are about to unleash the winning shot on the black.

I stopped going to bars where skanks hang out many years ago. Not that I didn't enjoy it at the time, but enough is enough.

Archived