BANGKOK 16 June 2019 17:33

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Bike Repair Man Hits Street Pole While Racing

Bike Repair Man Hits Street Pole While Racing

By Digital Admin -

bike-racer-hits-street-pole-2-1.jpg?fit=

PATTAYA: -- At 12.30am, on the morning of November 3, Banglamung traffic police were called to the scene of an accident on Motorway 7 on the Pattaya bound carriageway.

The body of twenty-six-year old Mr Adisak Koonkaew, aka Dear, was lying in the central reservation with his purple Honda CBR 650 in the road nearby.

A friend said that Mr Adisak, a motorcycle repair shop owner, had taken the big bike out to ‘warm up the engine.’

There were no other vehicles involved and the police believe he was racing too fast and failed to take a bend in the road.

CCTV footage will be studied to try to establish the cause of the accident.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/bike-repair-man-hits-street-pole-racing/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-03

There are a lot of big and powerful bikes now available to Thais.

Namely the CBR650 series and Kawasaki 650 Series.

Both are affordable, and offer far more speed and power to the village idiot raised on a Honda Wave.

They simply don't have the experience, skill set, attitude or aptitude or safely drive them For the most part.

I would suggest a different license group for bikes bigger than 300cc, one that needs a full weekend training to obtain.

But of course nobody would bother anyway and just pay the 200b 'fine' should they ever be pulled over.

*shoulder shrug*

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

I think the encircled image is his leg:

bike-racer-hits-street-pole.jpg

Indeed it is.

I was going to compliment the photographers "creative" composition when I first saw the photo a couple of hours ago, but I thought that would be in bad taste.

Almost lost my big bike back home on s curve. lucky I didn't go down. taught me a lesson. 

Anyone else remember the gruesome double big bike fatality that occurred across from Big C 2nd road in 2009?

3 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Anyone else remember the gruesome double big bike fatality that occurred across from Big C 2nd road in 2009?

No ...

Warm up the engine? I wonder what sort of temperature hes was looking for.after I start my big bike and get my helmet strapped on it's about warmed up.looking at the pic he'll have to bunny hop up the stairs to heaven.crazy powered bikes,crazy minded people don't mix.a big bike is the same  as a gun,it just depends on who's holding it.they should of breathalysed him because I think he was legless.by the looks of things I don't think a helmet would of helped this chap.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

...taken the big bike out to ‘warm up the engine...

Too bad, no taxi drivers were around to politely request him not to rev it up.

I talked to a sedated  legless biker in a tattoo shop. He was recently released from hospital, and he told us what happened. He wiped out his Harley 1200 at high speed; he flew off at high speed; hit a large traffic sign sideways; and it sliced off his legs.

“A friend said that Mr Adisak, a motorcycle repair shop owner, had taken the big bike out to ‘warm up the engine.’ ”

Just start the bike up and let the engine warm up - no need to race it down the road. This event is a draconian ending to such a simple problem. I now wonder what the bike owner thinks?

Maybe because I have ridden motorbikes for 50 years I have a biased view. I have a couple of small scars from "gravel rash" but no other injuries.