Bike Repair Man Hits Street Pole While Racing

webfact

Bike Repair Man Hits Street Pole While Racing

By Digital Admin -

bike-racer-hits-street-pole-2-1.jpg?fit=

PATTAYA: -- At 12.30am, on the morning of November 3, Banglamung traffic police were called to the scene of an accident on Motorway 7 on the Pattaya bound carriageway.

The body of twenty-six-year old Mr Adisak Koonkaew, aka Dear, was lying in the central reservation with his purple Honda CBR 650 in the road nearby.

A friend said that Mr Adisak, a motorcycle repair shop owner, had taken the big bike out to ‘warm up the engine.’

There were no other vehicles involved and the police believe he was racing too fast and failed to take a bend in the road.

CCTV footage will be studied to try to establish the cause of the accident.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/bike-repair-man-hits-street-pole-racing/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-03

There are a lot of big and powerful bikes now available to Thais.

Namely the CBR650 series and Kawasaki 650 Series.

Both are affordable, and offer far more speed and power to the village idiot raised on a Honda Wave.

They simply don't have the experience, skill set, attitude or aptitude or safely drive them For the most part.

I would suggest a different license group for bikes bigger than 300cc, one that needs a full weekend training to obtain.

But of course nobody would bother anyway and just pay the 200b 'fine' should they ever be pulled over.

*shoulder shrug*

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

I think the encircled image is his leg:

bike-racer-hits-street-pole.jpg

Indeed it is.

I was going to compliment the photographers "creative" composition when I first saw the photo a couple of hours ago, but I thought that would be in bad taste.

Warm up the engine? I wonder what sort of temperature hes was looking for.after I start my big bike and get my helmet strapped on it's about warmed up.looking at the pic he'll have to bunny hop up the stairs to heaven.crazy powered bikes,crazy minded people don't mix.a big bike is the same  as a gun,it just depends on who's holding it.they should of breathalysed him because I think he was legless.by the looks of things I don't think a helmet would of helped this chap.

“A friend said that Mr Adisak, a motorcycle repair shop owner, had taken the big bike out to ‘warm up the engine.’ ”

Just start the bike up and let the engine warm up - no need to race it down the road. This event is a draconian ending to such a simple problem. I now wonder what the bike owner thinks?

Maybe because I have ridden motorbikes for 50 years I have a biased view. I have a couple of small scars from "gravel rash" but no other injuries.

4 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

He wiped out his Harley 1200 at high speed; he flew off at high speed; hit a large traffic sign sideways; and it sliced off his legs.

There was a Thai newspaper with a Thai that did that but it sliced him in half at the waist, a few days ago.

On 11/2/2016 at 11:59 PM, DLang said:

There are a lot of big and powerful bikes now available to Thais.

Namely the CBR650 series and Kawasaki 650 Series.

Both are affordable, and offer far more speed and power to the village idiot raised on a Honda Wave.

They simply don't have the experience, skill set, attitude or aptitude or safely drive them For the most part.

I would suggest a different license group for bikes bigger than 300cc, one that needs a full weekend training to obtain.

But of course nobody would bother anyway and just pay the 200b 'fine' should they ever be pulled over.

*shoulder shrug*

So many times it is not the locals one finds in this kind of Dumb accident not locals but tourist from the EU.They come here having never road any bike ,much less a big powerful machine that takes a lot of skill to handle at any speed.Then they rent the most powerful bikes just so that they can brag about what they did in Thailand when they get back home.The trouble is that they so often never make it back home with out traveling home in a "body bag". RIP to the dummies.  

since when does a Honda 650 class as a big powerful machine?

maybe it is big in comparison to a fino , but it certainly aint big or powerful when compared to a real big bike i.e. zx14 or hayabusa.

cbr 650 puts out about 86 horsepowers , compare that to a BMW s1000  that's about 200 horsepower.

and there aint that much difference in weight.

cbr 650 are a nice midsize bike.

moose

Archived