‘Dangerous’ Russian ex-con captured in Pattaya

Rimmer

‘Dangerous’ Russian ex-con captured in Pattaya

Viachesfav Fillippov, 47, was apprehended Oct. 28 by Chonburi Immigration officers.

PATTAYA:--A convicted Russian fraudster and drug dealer was arrested in Pattaya and deported.

Viachesfav Fillippov, 47, was apprehended Oct. 28 by Chonburi Immigration officers. Deemed a “dangerous person” he was processed for deportation for violating the country’s visa laws.

Authorities said Fillippov had been imprisoned four times over the past 22 years, including a total of 15 years for three fraud convictions and three years for drugs between 1994 and 2008.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/dangerous-russian-ex-con-captured-pattaya-153971

PATTAYA MAIL 2016-11-04

He was issued a Visa (obtained yes, from Immigration of some form) despite Thailand's policy not to issue a Visa to Felons. Fair game, there was a slip up. So, he was "apprehended" due to the Immigration Officer(s) oversight of their own rules, and processed for deportation. Good stuff. I fail to see what crime Mr. Fillipov committed in Thailand.

I write this, because I know that there are a small percentage of us that change - I know from my own personal life journey. Perhaps being banned on exit, and accepting their own stuff up along with close monitoring of the alien would have been more suitable. Now where can Mr. Filipov relax in that brown shirt without being harassed by the fashion Police?

11 minutes ago, TheGhostWithin said:

He was issued a Visa (obtained yes, from Immigration of some form) despite Thailand's policy not to issue a Visa to Felons. Fair game, there was a slip up. So, he was "apprehended" due to the Immigration Officer(s) oversight of their own rules, and processed for deportation. Good stuff. I fail to see what crime Mr. Fillipov committed in Thailand.

I write this, because I know that there are a small percentage of us that change - I know from my own personal life journey. Perhaps being banned on exit, and accepting their own stuff up along with close monitoring of the alien would have been more suitable. Now where can Mr. Filipov relax in that brown shirt without being harassed by the fashion Police?

America has a similar policy - but seems to waive it for some "special" cases. Maybe this guy is "special" too - kerching!

so the Thais seem to be quickly processing this fellow and sending him back home.  There should be little doubt that he was spending money in Thailand he probably or possibly obtained through illegal activities back home.  My point being why is that Danish man being held in the Thai prison instead of just being sent home?  Some have claimed he was spending money in thailand he got from his cannabis business that while legal in his home country of course is illegal in Thailand.  So the Thais are charging him with laundering money or something along those lines. 

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

so the Thais seem to be quickly processing this fellow and sending him back home.  There should be little doubt that he was spending money in Thailand he probably or possibly obtained through illegal activities back home.  My point being why is that Danish man being held in the Thai prison instead of just being sent home?  Some have claimed he was spending money in thailand he got from his cannabis business that while legal in his home country of course is illegal in Thailand.  So the Thais are charging him with laundering money or something along those lines. 

Think you"re right............

22 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

If you're in prison, you're a convict. Once you've served your time you're an ex-convict. Or are you saying all convicted persons re-offend when released, 100% without exception?

Cancer, stroke, heart attack, drug overdose...   don't have a 100% mortality rate either.  Except for you I guess, we all avoid them if we can.  Now THIS guy is a four-time loser.  Not much "change" going on there.  So what's your point?

1 hour ago, futsukayoi said:

Don't get this .  He was jailed for 15+3 years and is 22. So he was jailed at 4 or younger ?

In the article it says he is 47 years old.if allowed  to stay he would have fitted in well

with the rest of the criminals in Pattaya.its like a magnet to them.

regards  Worgeordie

On 11/4/2016 at 7:27 AM, Thechook said:

Convicted in the past for fraud and drugs.  where is the part that makes him dangerous

15 years for fraud offences and three years for drugs, but he's been in the nick for 22 years all told. So I guess something in those unaccounted for four years took place which makes him dangerous.

Archived