British Nationals Caught Shoplifting in Family Mart

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, getreal said:

Yeah i like it here.

and you?

Did when I lived there.  Having a child changes your perspective somewhat, especially if you want them to have every opportunity in life.

Would I want to go back and live there after he finishes his education? No but don't tell my wife that!  Mind you she has said that she prefers to live in the UK even though we are poorer for doing it.

3 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

Officers arrived and detained two British nationals, forty-one year old Mr Joseph Hdeall and forty-three year old Alan Lostall.

Can they be send to Australia? 

No thanks.

We took in boatloads of english about 240 years ago. They didnt really  assimilate with the locals.

The ten pound poms that came later  were not much better.

We now have similar problem as the thais with the quality british tourists being arrested daily. and being a financial drain on the taxpayers.

Luckily soccer isnt popular so we dont get the trouble that the brit hooligans cause all over europe.

How about we.just send them back. And ban them from ever returning after they serve their jail terms.

3 hours ago, ozterix said:

46 posts and only aggravating insults and criticisms...

These guys must have been desperate to do this, they will probably spend months in a thai jail and I don't think it is right. They won't be deported until after they purged their sentenced, paid a fine for overstay, all this for a few items probably not worth 500 baht total.

If people get to that level of desperation, shouldn't there be another way for them to get out of the s***t they are in? Shouldn't we have some compassion? 

If I had been there I would have probably paid for the items to get them out of this situation. Sorry folks, I can't feel the way you do. I hate crime, but this is an act of despair, nothing else.

oz

You can always visit them in prison; and take them edible food and potable water. 

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Let's not confuse tourists with ex-pats.  Having said that Thailand tends to attract the more dubious individuals including those who choose to live there (I lived there for 13+ years).  It's the lawless, anything goes (if you have money) lifestyle that can be quite addictive.  There are many good farangs living in Thailand but plenty of bad ones too.  Such is life!

- one then

Let's get some perspective here. a bit of shop lifting isn't the end of the world now is it. when a few greasy bikers flattened a thai I seem to remember the applause clapping and cheering going on in the thread by good old TV posters. now a little shop lifting which I expect was a prank brings out the flog them black list  them  deport them throw them in jail. Dear me get a grip people the didn't harm you.

16 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

No

Not at age 41,   in Thailand,   nicking from a shop.

think your a bit silly now. 

Maybe you need to cut down the booze or  :stoner:

You may think what you like my friend. it was probably a drunken prank far worse things to get your knickers in a twist over. as for silly well never mind I don't need a holiday yet

5 hours ago, ozterix said:

46 posts and only aggravating insults and criticisms...

These guys must have been desperate to do this, they will probably spend months in a thai jail and I don't think it is right. They won't be deported until after they purged their sentenced, paid a fine for overstay, all this for a few items probably not worth 500 baht total.

If people get to that level of desperation, shouldn't there be another way for them to get out of the s***t they are in? Shouldn't we have some compassion? 

If I had been there I would have probably paid for the items to get them out of this situation. Sorry folks, I can't feel the way you do. I hate crime, but this is an act of despair, nothing else.

oz

Sorry mate. An act of despair would be stealing food - not grooming aids.

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Did when I lived there.  Having a child changes your perspective somewhat, especially if you want them to have every opportunity in life.

Would I want to go back and live there after he finishes his education? No but don't tell my wife that!  Mind you she has said that she prefers to live in the UK even though we are poorer for doing it.

Sorry it didnt work out for you. I dont want my kids   going down the degree, job, Mortgage, wage slave rat race route. Better to have your own business and thailand with its low taxes, low wages, low rents is much better in my humble opinion.

But everyone is different and i am sure government provided education would be better inengland than here.

But back on topic, do the thais cause much trouble in the UK? Shopliting, counterfeitting, fighting and killimg the locals, etc etc, the sort of things i listed from events this year In thailand? 

Ps

i am enjoying my eigth year of my thai honeymoon and love it more every year. I am still smiling everyday.

But i understand it isnt for everyone. It has come a long way since i first.came in the 1970s, thats for sure. Good to see them come up.so quickly. They have really left their neighbours to the west, north and east for dead.

As an upstanding member of the expat community and British I am as disgusted at this news as the next person, however, enough of the Brit bashing cos as sure as eggs are eggs it will be your nationalities turn in the next few days/weeks/months/years, you know like the yanks that had a chopped up body in the freezer etc etc, no matter what nationality you are you can guarantee that your countrymen/women visiting Thailand are gonna let you down at some point.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

27 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

As an upstanding member of the expat community and British I am as disgusted at this news as the next person, however, enough of the Brit bashing cos as sure as eggs are eggs it will be your nationalities turn in the next few days/weeks/months/years, you know like the yanks that had a chopped up body in the freezer etc etc, no matter what nationality you are you can guarantee that your countrymen/women visiting Thailand are gonna let you down at some point.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Well I get what you're saying, I guess,  but 40 year olds shoplifting toothpaste from Familymart is just embarrassing - not exactly The Italian Job is it?

15 minutes ago, Familyonthemove said:

Well I get what you're saying, I guess,  but 40 year olds shoplifting toothpaste from Familymart is just embarrassing - not exactly The Italian Job is it?

Very true, a right pair of sad <deleted> to say the least, I don't know where in the UK they are from, but they probably do this in their local Asian run store (and no, I'm not being racist) and thought that they could do the same here, just shows the very limited intellect of some of my fellow countrymen, and they deserve all that they get.

For the deleted bit just think of twits and change one letter :wink:

Archived