British Nationals Caught Shoplifting in Family Mart

webfact

14 hours ago, Ratcher said:

Fine them and deport them. If they can't afford to stay here they shouldn't have come. Certainly not quality tourists and gives a bad impression of the English. Stupid bast@rds. 

I agree with all you say but what strikes me is how is this item newsworthy , its hardly crime of the century.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

I agree with all you say but what strikes me is how is this item newsworthy , its hardly crime of the century.

" its hardly crime of the century "

if you were a business owner and the victim of one of these kinds of incidents you probably wouldn't say that

3 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

if you were a business owner and the victim of one of these kinds of incidents you probably wouldn't say that

On the other hand you the business owner may have read the story in today's Nation about security being tightened around the Grand Palace so that all mourners have to produce ID cards "so as to cut down on pickpockets" and think "<deleted>". All prudent shopkeepers (oh, sorry, TIT) provide for "shrinkage"

22 hours ago, Emster23 said:

"... two British nationals, forty-one year old Mr Joseph Hyde and forty-three year old Alan Loss."

Assume Dr Jekyl took off. Alan wouldn't talk: he was at a Loss for words

As I am ,at a loss for words,.............lol

Events like this get well reported in both the English and Thai media. As a result it enables the likes of the immigration department and other government agencies to fully justify all measures to make life more difficult for foreigners especially for getting visas, extensions etc.

Foreigners who break the law in Thailand or try to circumvent the law are doing the rest of us a gigantic disservice.

See what Brexit does.. it brings honest Englishmen to steal abroad. Poor chaps could not afford to buy some razors and did not want to look like ISIS supporters so all they could do is result to a life of crime.    :smile:

373e25be8b2143871a409fe96e468422.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, zombie nights said:

Events like this get well reported in both the English and Thai media. As a result it enables the likes of the immigration department and other government agencies to fully justify all measures to make life more difficult for foreigners especially for getting visas, extensions etc.

Foreigners who break the law in Thailand or try to circumvent the law are doing the rest of us a gigantic disservice.

Hogwash

4 hours ago, zombie nights said:

This......the real reason for  the of majority acrimonious comments............self interest

"Foreigners who break the law in Thailand or try to circumvent the law are doing the rest of us a gigantic disservice"

Not good for the farang image admitted, but hardly the crime of the century, unfortunately stupidity does exist in our world and can surface at any time anywhere. However reality is there are many unreported, unrelated, everyday incidents tarnishing the farang image other than simple small time theft.

10 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Hogwash

Nope.  He was right on the money.  And No, certainly not the crime of the century.  Nor, having been committed by a lowly foreigner, does it need to be.   Deport 'em back home and blacklist them; case closed.  But can you imagine how many petty thefts committed just like this by locals go completely unreported?   Even most here would say they're simply not newsworthy.  And they'd be right.  But THIS case, since foreigners were responsible, and locals the victims, is "big news".

3 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Nope.  He was right on the money.  And No, certainly not the crime of the century.  Nor, having been committed by a lowly foreigner, does it need to be.   Deport 'em back home and blacklist them; case closed.  But can you imagine how many petty thefts committed just like this by locals go completely unreported?   Even most here would say they're simply not newsworthy.  And they'd be right.  But THIS case, since foreigners were responsible, and locals the victims, is "big news".

All if which has nothing to do with the post I comented on it was hogwash.

The authorities,     like to demonize the foreigners now days.

It keeps the heat off the locals. ( good guys in bad guys out ) slogan.

Something i find very offensive,   when you look at what the locals do

here,   in regards to the law every day.  It keep the xenophobia at the correct level ,  for there culture.. :bah:

But the guys should not  resort to thieving .

its time to go home if its that bad, 

you get it all free now in the uk ,   no matter who you are.

what a laugh that is.

Also the notion that it was some kind of prank is just  absurd.

i would say,   the two guys have been tea leaves all there lives.

but i would only fine them the same as any local.

No deportation,  No hangings,   No public floggings ,  No  cutting off

hands.   a week in nick, maybe   :jap:

I don't care what nationality committed this crime. This is a petty shoplifting case in a town with ridiculous levels of prostitution, high murder rate and drug related issues. There was things that I witnessed and heard about when I live in Pattaya back in the day that made me seriously question my stay there, but a couple of Farangs pinching cosmetics from a corner shop would rate pretty low on my "get me the <deleted> out of this place" meter. 

On 11/4/2016 at 2:02 AM, Jingthing said:

The prices of blades and shaving cream here are definitely off the charts.

Interestingly enough the blades are just as expensive in the USA as I just purchased a pack of 10 blades for around $16 at Walmart.     Shaving cream is cheap.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:08 AM, ozterix said:

46 posts and only aggravating insults and criticisms...

These guys must have been desperate to do this, they will probably spend months in a thai jail and I don't think it is right. They won't be deported until after they purged their sentenced, paid a fine for overstay, all this for a few items probably not worth 500 baht total.

If people get to that level of desperation, shouldn't there be another way for them to get out of the s***t they are in? Shouldn't we have some compassion? 

If I had been there I would have probably paid for the items to get them out of this situation. Sorry folks, I can't feel the way you do. I hate crime, but this is an act of despair, nothing else.

oz

You are a kind hearted and compassionate person. Unfortunately, you may be  wrong. If caught shoplifting in Pattaya, it is unlikely they are decent people. They are more likely to be filth who have ripped off many people over the years. Pattaya attracts some of the worst type of people. No one goes to Pattaya for the  beach or the fishing or the educational opportunities. They go to have carnal relations or to carry out acts of depravity and cruelty or to engage in various frauds. Yes, there are some people who work there, and others who retired when it wasn't the disgusting place it is now. However, there is a reason why respectable people do not go to Pattaya and there is a reason why it is blacklisted as a  conference/convention location for many organizations.

On 11/4/2016 at 5:37 AM, donkeykong said:

Good news for you, T2 is to be released in january 2017 and the whole crew is back. It is guaranteed to be as depressing, brilliant and beloved as Trainspotting 1 was. The people who were caught shoplifting are in the Begbie and Sickboy league for sure. Perhaps Spud too as they don't appear to be none too bright.

14 hours ago, onemorechang said:

The authorities,     like to demonize the foreigners now days.

It keeps the heat off the locals. ( good guys in bad guys out ) slogan.

Something i find very offensive,   when you look at what the locals do

here,   in regards to the law every day.  It keep the xenophobia at the correct level ,  for there culture.. :bah:

But the guys should not  resort to thieving .

its time to go home if its that bad, 

you get it all free now in the uk ,   no matter who you are.

what a laugh that is.

Also the notion that it was some kind of prank is just  absurd.

i would say,   the two guys have been tea leaves all there lives.

but i would only fine them the same as any local.

No deportation,  No hangings,   No public floggings ,  No  cutting off

hands.   a week in nick, maybe   :jap:

xenophobic????

Did you realize it was reported in a farang Owned newspaper ona farang owned forum?

Being demonised you say?

. Farang owned newspaper in a farang forum. You have imagined it

I doubt very much it was their first time stealing from the locals. I would give them two years in a thai jail. They were not hungry, just too tight to pay. The thai police are not picking on farangs, they are going hard on all crime. Maybe you believe farangs are special and deserve special treatment.

2,500 posts? Nothing better to do?You probably should get out more. The thais are very friendly. S lot of fun also.

On 11/4/2016 at 11:07 AM, soihok said:

Sad fools on tour.

Sad fools  on tour No way .  Tourists have money , monthly millionaires 

Expats  true brits  type,   pound down , struggling , angry and hungry .

Next step ,  cannibalism   sure .

Take care , out there you chubbies . 555

Archived