British Nationals Caught Shoplifting in Family Mart

webfact

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, November 07, 2016 at 8:24 PM, steven100 said:

Apparently the toothbrush wasn't concealed in his underpants, it took some time to discover.

The items were wiped clean and placed back on shelves, however the toothbrush had to be rinsed and wiped clean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2016 at 1:33 PM, alocacoc said:

They should get deported to England and get there professional help. Sad story.

Actually yes, or held in remand until their flight or a sooner one can be arranged.

But that would make their punishment more severe than what the locals get.....

On 24/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, getreal said:

These two get locked up?

In 99.99% of low level crime stories in Thailand like this, you get the police view/pointing picture because the journalists are allowed to tail the police and report stuff. It is a symbiotic relationship like those small birds that hop around in crocodile's mouths. Both benefit.

However that is all you get. One of the main reasons is that after being named and shamed in the local press, the cops then have a window of perhaps 48 hours, but it varies, to squeeze as much cash as they can out of the suspects. Most pay up given the chance. Naturally no receipts are given and nothing appears in the press. I feel it would be amusing if, in an alternative universe, you had a week's worth of Pattaya News headlines such as, "Top Pattaya Cop taps up Farang Drunk Driver for 70,000 Baht. Sets New Station Record." But this is just fantasy.

If you know these gentlemen or follow them on Facebook, you may get the closing chapters of this story. Otherwise, as in all other cases, we can only speculate.

On Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Briggsy said:

In 99.99% of low level crime stories in Thailand like this, you get the police view/pointing picture because the journalists are allowed to tail the police and report stuff. It is a symbiotic relationship like those small birds that hop around in crocodile's mouths. Both benefit.

However that is all you get. One of the main reasons is that after being named and shamed in the local press, the cops then have a window of perhaps 48 hours, but it varies, to squeeze as much cash as they can out of the suspects. Most pay up given the chance. Naturally no receipts are given and nothing appears in the press. I feel it would be amusing if, in an alternative universe, you had a week's worth of Pattaya News headlines such as, "Top Pattaya Cop taps up Farang Drunk Driver for 70,000 Baht. Sets New Station Record." But this is just fantasy.

If you know these gentlemen or follow them on Facebook, you may get the closing chapters of this story. Otherwise, as in all other cases, we can only speculate.

Yeah but how much could the cops squeeze out of these two? If they are stealing toiletries i doubt if they have much to squeeze.

Very very typical lower class British behavior.  Nothing new. We should all expect these types of actions and plan accordingly...... oh wait. Australia doesn't want them.... never mind.  Hang em.

7 minutes ago, getreal said:

Yeah but how much could the cops squeeze out of these two? If they are stealing toiletries i doubt if they have much to squeeze.

Oh, you'd be surprised. Facing the reality of months in a Thai prison, I'm sure they would find the funds somehow. 20,000 Baht each would be more than enough after some stressful negotiating. Stealing toiletries probably says more about their values, habits and upbringing than it does about their finances.

On 11/4/2016 at 3:30 AM, Guderian said:

After the stolen goods had been in these guys' underpants I just hope the Family Mart staff didn't just put them back on the shelves for people to buy.  :shock1:

I bet you would buy, if given a substantial discount. :tongue:

Archived