Video: Glimpse of the future - from Pattaya to Hua Hin in one hour

rooster59

17 hours ago, Xircal said:

Britanny Ferries has a regular catamaran ferry which can carry 835 passengers and 235 cars at speeds of up to 42 knots (77kph) which sounds realistic.

But I can't imagine that there would be that many passengers with vehicles that would want to make the journey from Pattaya to Hua Hin on a regular basis which would make it a viable proposition.

Most of the customers will be making a day trip from Hua Hin to Pattaya for a bit of recreation in Soi 6, back home late afternon before Mrs Monger realises they've gone.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:25 AM, petermik said:

"the details are still being iron out as funding is sought" ok but do not hold your breath :sad:

There was a conversation a few days ago and my friend who works here as a engineer reckons it won't happen as the seas get to rough at times and , the big cats cant handle it.   :shock1:

10 hours ago, wpcoe said:

This topic has come up so many times over the years and I can't find the discussion now, but one of the later proposals was to have multiple ferries daily between Hua Hin and Pattaya (10 or 12 each direction?) each carrying >100 passengers.  Additionally there were multiple ferries between Hua Hin and Bangkok and between Pattaya and Bangkok.  Where are all those passengers supposed to come from?

Also, the ferry terminal had been moved from Pranburi to some undeveloped area 40 minutes north of Hua Hin.

Can't wait to see how/if the service actually materializes.

Might be a while...............hf.jpg

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If it goes ahead god help Hua Hin, Pranburi etc... does Thailand really need another Sex city?

The six hour road trip was the only thing keeping the scum of the east out of the west!!!!

Used to be the other direction in a land, far far away...?

Archived