Thai/US teenager: Please help me find my American dad

webfact

16 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

It seems a little far fetched to me, his dad left him at 6 mnths old and now he misses him, how can he miss him, he would not even know him, let alone remember him, and has the father ever tried to contact the mother, about this baby? or maybe i'm being too harsh and the kid is looking for a father figure in his life, who knows!

Just to be fair, although I agree with you broadly, the word khit theung in Thai covers the spectrum from 'to miss' to 'to think of' to 'to wonder about'.

I hope he is successful in finding his father.   It sounds like life was a little rough for him and his gran.  

If the parents were married were married at the time of the birth, he would be the legal child, whether he was the biological child or not.   As he is an adult now, he would be eligible for resettlement in the US, but the father would most likely have to sponsor him or assist in getting him US citizenship.  

Best of luck to him.  

50 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That is not a luk krung by a long shot. Likely mom was preggers before meeting Mr tollet. 

Ah, and another qualified forensic anthropologist.

Bloody hell, who needs facts when you have CSI:TV to make up a load of shit fill in the gaps?

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

Ah, and another qualified forensic anthropologist.

Bloody hell, who needs facts when you have CSI:TV to make up a load of shit fill in the gaps?

Certainly I am not the brightest spark in the box, but any imbecile can see this boy is not a half, not only by his skin colour, but by his facial features. Wonder if some nice person has told him that he would be entitled to 18 years of backpay in child support. Interesting to see When he finds out that he is not fathered by an American, will he be so interested in finding his thai father? ??? 

Those making derogatory comments about this boy either have a dad or or are so badly psychologically damaged by not having a father in their lives that they resort to arrogant ill-informed statements.

Maybe he does want a "pay day", maybe he does want to move to the USA.. so what... ??? it's natural for everyone to try and better themselves, well from a young age anyway.

Children without parents always seek to find them in order to try and get an understanding of who there are... but that seems a psychological step too far for some on here.

And those idiots on here say "if he had been brought up right by his grandmother bla bla bla".. whatever... we are all a product of our childhood, and a childhood without parents is most often very damaging, grandmother or not.

I did think that most people had it together on here, but my mind is now of a different disposition.

15 hours ago, Moonmoon said:

what can be achieve if he finds the Dad?

My dad never had much to do with me and now he is dead.  There is so much I do not know and will never be able to find out.  Sometimes, one just wants to know about these things for no other reason that personal curiosity.  I do not blame this boy and I would try to help him but I need more information like alternate name(s), where his father was born, anything additional might be of use.  I have tried to search Intellius and the Social Security Death Index but thoguh there are a few Tollet(s) to be found none have the first name of Antonio.

FOLLOW-UP:  Does this maybe ring a bell...???

I did find a T. Tollet in Texas but he died a few years ago...

T. Tollet: Social Security Death Index (SSDI) Death Record

Name: T Tollet
State of Issue: Texas
Date of Birth: Thursday  November  11, 1937
Date of Death: July  1993
Est. Age at Death: 55 years, 8 months
Last known residence:
  City:  Littlefield
  County:  Lamb
  State:  Texas
  ZIP Code:  79339
  Latitude:  33.9335
  Longitude:  -102.2409

47 minutes ago, billmichael said:

My dad never had much to do with me and now he is dead.  There is so much I do not know and will never be able to find out.  Sometimes, one just wants to know about these things for no other reason that personal curiosity.  I do not blame this boy and I would try to help him but I need more information like alternate name(s), where his father was born, anything additional might be of use.  I have tried to search Intellius and the Social Security Death Index but thoguh there are a few Tollet(s) to be found none have the first name of Antonio.

FOLLOW-UP:  Does this maybe ring a bell...???

I did find a T. Tollet in Texas but he died a few years ago...

T. Tollet: Social Security Death Index (SSDI) Death Record

Name: T Tollet
State of Issue: Texas
Date of Birth: Thursday  November  11, 1937
Date of Death: July  1993
Est. Age at Death: 55 years, 8 months
Last known residence:
  City:  Littlefield
  County:  Lamb
  State:  Texas
  ZIP Code:  79339
  Latitude:  33.9335