Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

I meant to add info regarding the images:

1. A propaganda mural at a (formerly) secret military base that housed the Volkhov anti-aircraft missile defense system.  I believe this was the former canteen.
  2. A science classroom at Pripyat Middle School Number 3.  
  3. The Azure swimming pool
  4. The Pripyat city jail/police station, remained open for another 11 years after the accident.
  5. Nursery School Number 3 in Pripyat.  Dolls are creepy, I especially hate them now after this trip, there were so many.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, helbob said:

A luxury water-hotel in the paradise. The bathroom is very nice but i don't have a picture. Many locals don't know this place, that's good.

DSC02176.JPG

DSC02221.JPG

DSC02198.JPG

DSC02182.JPG

PICT_20190106_110109.JPG

any chance of a pm of this ones location?

Also love the house in trat!!

Edited by edgarfriendly
adding trat house link
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2019 at 9:43 AM, Assurancetourix said:

And how many died  sometimes many years after because of radiations ....

Those who didn't died immediatly they were relogated to Slavutich and many died there ..

i  saw a  documentary  somewhere  and  the  deaths  were way  less  than  they  imagined.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2019 at 9:08 PM, kickstart said:

As a PS ,I heard today that the dam management   wanted to lift and remove the Buddha statue to somewhere where it could be seen all the time ,but the locales said no and ,so I was told they  blocked the road  and stopped the removing of the statue ,they said with  all the people coming to visit the old temple they lively hood will be stopped ,ie sellers  selling flowers and incense sticks for merit making ,plus of cause all the food sellers.

I said in about 6 weeks it should all be under water again,so one will have any access at all.   

I said in  about 6 weeks  it should all be under water again .

It's such an interesting place, though sad because of all of the trash strewn about.  I was there last month, noticed all the vendors selling the usual food with plastic containers but no bins in sight.  It's a sad place really, seen as a 'lucky' place to make merit/buy lottery tickets but represents so much of the way that we've treated the environment, the effects of climate change & plastic waste on display.  Also got some drone footage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, faraday said:

The above picture makes me wonder...who lived there, was it a happy family with children running around?

Where are they all now?

There are many similar houses all over Thailand; even in the center of big cities like Udon Thani or Khon Kaen, and of course in Bangkok.

On the other hand, why are these houses abandoned?
where do their owners live?
Who lived here?

I believe that many Thai people imagine that the grass is greener elsewhere;
that the problems they have encountered here, they will not find them elsewhere.
It is of course totally false; when you leave a place you take your problems with you to another place.

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 2