Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

On 11/9/2016 at 9:13 PM, Ron19 said:

Abandoned Jumbo at Phitsanulok Airport

I could be corrected but are sure that it is/was part of this group.

I think there was originally two of these here.

One Two Go Airlines Co. Lte[1] (Thai: วัน-ทู-โก แอร์ไลน์) was a low-cost airline based in Don Mueang, Bangkok, Thailand.[2] Following the crash of OG 269 in Phuket, Thailand on September 16, 2007, One-Two-GO was banned from flying in European Union nations due to safety concerns.[3] Its main base was Don Mueang International Airport, Bangkok.[4] Always owned and managed by Orient Thai Airlines and owned by CEO Udom Tantiprasongchai and his wife Nina Tantriprasongchai, the One-Two-GO brand was retired in July 2010, and the aircraft re-branded as Orient Thai Airlines.

DSC00487.JPG Abandoned Jumbo.JPG

I remember when that plane crashed, One Two Go became One Two NO!

I shot photos at an abandoned house in Samut Sakhon last weekend, full details in the link.  It was built by a well-off family about 40 years ago but abandoned after the family was murdered.  I got all of the information that I have from a colleague who grew up in Mahachai. Her parents were in their mid-teens when the events occurred and remember it well as it was very big news in such a small community.  Their is apparently a local archive with microfilm/microfiche copies of old newspapers which have the original stories.  I'd really like to hear if anyone has any other information about this, esp. from the news at the time. This series will be released in an article next week which I hope will be picked up & maybe even make it to Thai media (has happened once before with my Abandoned Mansions article).  If that happens, there is a chance that more information can be shared.

20171202dw087 copy.jpg

20171202dw095 copy.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Many beautiful graffiti inside and outside ; 
Did u done a search about the painters?
They always sign what they have done...
Thanks a lot for sharing your photos with us;

what is your Ultra Wide Lens ?

Thanks. I use an 8mm Samyang manual fisheye. There was a street art event held there last March - 'Meeting of Styles' - which explains the variety of great murals.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
  • Like 1

Looks like a company flat for the school;

there are many buildings like that all over Thailand for teachers or civil servants working in a dispensary or field hospital ;

don't think it belongs to the railway company .

Many of these buildings are in the same condition as we can see on your photo, Ron;

bad or very bad condition; impossible to live inside because thai people don't know these words : maintain, repair...:post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 2

Nice shots all around. I wonder if that school is still being funded? Some of these houses that could be fixed up but just sit there rotting makes me think there is a positive side to having property taxes: would get places fixed or sold.

On 11/9/2016 at 9:08 AM, diznax said:

Hello,

I've been working on documenting disused/abandoned structures around Thailand for the past year or so via photo series', and am always on the lookout for new subjects.  There are a seemingly endless number of such locations around the country, and each one has it's own unique character and usually some beauty to be found amongst the decay and ruin.  I've started this topic both as a means for us to share locations of unique abandoned places around the country, and for forum members to share images that convey their perspective of these places.  I look forward to seeing others' images and of hearing their experiences.

Please include any key info about the sites including local directions(drop a Google Maps pin if you can) or possible dangers/trespassing need-to-know's, as we certainly don't want anyone to get in any trouble by visiting guarded private property.  *

Please note that the Sathorn Unique 'ghost tower' is, as of the time of writing, off limits & blocked off via fence, with threats of prosecution to trespassers.  Also, it's well-known and documented.  It would be great to use this forum as a means to share lesser-known derelict locations around the country.

I'll start with a few directions to some sites I've either discovered or heard about and visited - 

Abandoned train cars in Samut Sakhon - Their Location

Abandoned Batman Nightclub Pattaya - Location

Airplane Graveyard in Bangkok   - Location

Abandoned Jittapawan College Pier - Location

Abandoned Mansions in Nakhon Pathom - This site is inhabited by two families and they have requested for me not to share their location so as to avoid masses of tourists.  Apologies.

long Collage.jpg

Diz, some news about old rural railway stations (inc historical) going to be bulldozed in the near future due to double tracking - check the English papers -

• Like 2