Abandoned, Derelict, Decaying Locations Around Thailand

diznax

On 7/29/2018 at 10:48 PM, faraday said:

Wonder where the drivers are now....?

Thanks.

:smile:

As I was taking the photo of the Consul, a guy about 35 appeared he, looked surprised at me taking the photo, anyway  he said the car was his dads  he died some years ago, they business is a recycling center, he said the car had not been used a good few years before he died .

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, kickstart said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32Two of Fords finest, the Consul still has the engine and gearbox.

Taken not far from one another, in Central Lopburi.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

RIMG0750.JPG

RIMG0749.JPG

Was up in Chiang Rai about 7 years ago and saw an old Ford Consul Classic 315 which was still in use (built around 1961-63?) and had thoughts about stopping to see if it was for sale. Then sanity prevailed...……..spare parts, reliability etc.

Also saw an original Honda 250cc m/c which was still in use. Who said those Japanese "sewing machines" wouldn't last!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it's on the side of the road n* 118 between Doi Saket and Wiang Pa Pao and it's not an abandonned hotel but it's a replica of a Khmer temple ;  it's next to the hot springs .

Maybe I'm wrong but I passed there many times from 2007 to last year ( 2017 ) ..and never saw an indication of an hotel ,  โรงแรม in thai .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I think it's on the side of the road n* 118 between Doi Saket and Wiang Pa Pao and it's not an abandonned hotel but it's a replica of a Khmer temple ;  it's next to the hot springs .

Maybe I'm wrong but I passed there many times from 2007 to last year ( 2017 ) ..and never saw an indication of an hotel ,  โรงแรม in thai .

I dont think that is the same place .

That "Temple" that you are talking about never got finished and you can still see the red meta bars from the infrastructure and that place has lots of mold on it .

I can understand them wanting to build a tourist attraction , next to the hot spring , but who would want to go and see a newly built "ruin" with ho history behind it  .

Anyway , I dont think that thats the same building as in the photo above

2011 august 23 , was there on my MTBike ; close the hot springs 

45775414552_e01cd92d14_b.jpg&key=3e95e6025d20d189cdebbfa298a314b3cd580efa02f104e72e464a7d362e93ba

Yup, you are right there Assurancetourix.

I stopped at the springs ( for an egg [emoji51]) and remember the Temple.

Was on a road trip ( Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai ) a couple of years ago, stayed in a resort about 1 km down the road , Phu Fa Thara resort ( don’t recommend ).

Here’s a photo, courtesy of Google maps, I didn’t take any of the temple only the hot spring.

IMG_6615.JPG

• Like 1