Internet and TV Channels

jamie2009

I am about to move into a town house, I have arranged the internet with 3BB, being a foreigner I wasn't allowed the Monthly Subscription, my lady had to sign for it or I had too pay a year upfront.

TV, I tried the TV, I thought the basic channels would be available and free, I am not interested in foreign channels as I can watch them via the net, only Thai TV for my lady. There is an aerial lead but all I see is a blue screen, it's difficult to see where the lead goes so I can't be sure where the other end goes, it's a coaxial cable, what sort of device is required to receive the basic TV .

A 700 Baht digital set top box (if the TV isn't dVB) and antenna on the other end of the cable pointing the right way will get you (her) 30 odd free-to-air channels with excellent picture quality.

Do you have some kind of set top box in addition to your router?

That would usually coonect to the TV through HDMI or the three yellow/red/white RCA plugs.

If not you probably don't have the necessary to receive TV through the Internet.

The coax cable could be going to a standard aerial or possibly a satellite dish. 

You will need to work out exactly where the cable is going to know what kind of box you need.

Thanks for the info, I can't see any sign of an aerial/dish etc but I have no access to the roof. 

.i will speak with the owner when she comes on Tuesday, it looks like the TV doesn't work either very old set, not sure she would replace it either but I will ask.

i don't watch much TV neither does my lady so if I have to buy one I wouldnt want too spend big money, Big C have one on offer, not sure of the make at 8990 baht, 2 year guarantee.