Sauerkraut(again)

thaigerd

"Sauerkraut&Kasseler (Smoked Porkloin).

Gerd

bisschen zu fett um das zeuch "Kassler" zu nennen Gerd, oder? :o

A bit wrong: What looks white and like fat is actually meat, comes from the flash. The small pieces are a bit fat cause it's a very good smoked bacon and a dish like this needs some fat for flavouring.

Gerd

A bit wrong: What looks white and like fat is actually meat, comes from the flash. The small pieces are a bit fat cause it's a very good smoked bacon and a dish like this needs some fat for flavouring.

Gerd

Die Geschmäcker sind verschieden. quite obviously one can't argue about taste :o

Looks more like Bauch-speck to me...................................Kassler doesn't have any fat on it. Or is it just the photo? :o

By the way, I'm the German cook in our restaurant, not trying to be funny.

Edited by lampard10

Looks more like Bauch-speck to me...................................Kassler doesn't have any fat on it. Or is it just the photo? :o

What I've said before: The little pieces you can see in the sauerkraut are Bauchspeck!

Kassler does have some fat when you have a cut from near the neck part.

I am a German Chef and butcher, not trying to be funny as well :D

Gerd

What I've said before: The little pieces you can see in the sauerkraut are Bauchspeck!

Gerd

Touche'

Looks more like Bauch-speck to me...................................Kassler doesn't have any fat on it. Or is it just the photo? :D

Gerd

Touche'

But there again any one who can make a frikadelle in germany calls himself a chef,I too qualified as a chef, Schlactermeister und als Konditor, that was all in my youth before I studied and became a zoo curator :o Nignoy

Looks more like Bauch-speck to me...................................Kassler doesn't have any fat on it. Or is it just the photo? :D

Gerd

Touche'

But there again any one who can make a frikadelle in germany calls himself a chef,I too qualified as a chef, Schlactermeister und als Konditor, that was all in my youth before I studied and became a zoo curator :D Nignoy

:o:D:D

,I too qualified as a chef, Schlactermeister und als Konditor, that was all in my youth before I studied and became a zoo curator :D Nignoy

:o:D:D

I know what you mean....................................................I was a mechanic with Lufthansa ( Hamburg) serviced the planes by day and cooked by night. Same as when I worked for SAAB in Linkoping, Sweden, engineer by day, and used to cook the food in the evenings for the rest of the troops.