Video: Youth, 19, attacked by sword wielding youths in broad daylight

webfact

Video: Youth, 19, attacked by sword wielding youths in broad daylight

a2.jpg

Picture: Thairat

BANGKOK: -- A video on Facebook shows a 19 year old man after he is attacked by three men wielding a large knife and a sword.

Following the attack in broad daylight in Samut Prakarn members of the public can be seen coming to the aid of the youth whose eyebrow is cut badly. Blood streams down his face as help is offered.

Ekarin Thuraphat told police later that he had been chased by three or four men. 

He had been hit on the arm causing him to crash his bike. He was then hit in the head by a sword wielding man by the side of the Suksawat - Pom Phra Jula Jorm Klao Road.

Ekarin said he had no idea who his assailants were.

Police are studying CCTV to get a lead in the case.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-10

9 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Probably looked like he was from a "rival" college or something even more trivial.

Society is going to the dogs here. What a brutal attack in broad daylight.

I worry about raising three sons here, I really do  . . . :shock1:

rather you than me !!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

Probably looked like he was from a "rival" college or something even more trivial.

Would the UK be any better ?

14 minutes ago, CelticBhoy said:

yes CB it IS a lawless country.

8 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

I ask myself that a lot nowadays.

Being settled here with a home, boys in school and a content wife it makes it almost impossible to think of uprooting and going elsewhere. But then you see a Somalian-like clip above and it makes me rethink once again.

Maybe get Trump over here in four years to sort it all out, eh?  :smile:

this same thing happened to me about nine months ago, my  home has a balcony facing the road and at about 0130 I heard two motor cycles stop in front of my home and a bunch of loud talking and fighting. there was an overhead light and i could see about four or five cowards beating up on another thai. i yelled at them in english in a very loud voice telling them that i was going to beat the s--t out of them and i was going to shoot them., all i heard in return was bye! bye! the cockroaches could not run fast enough! the boy they hit was cut a few times but he was not very seriously injured. the next day i contacted the head man of  the village and told him in no uncertain terms that if I ever  saw those cowards around my STREET again I would kill them! it worked! as all cowards do they are staying away and I now know two of them.

1 hour ago, Thaiwrath said:

this type of attack is not so regular in the UK and the police actually do something to arrest those responsible, there is no wai and money paid and alls forgiven, the police prosecute as a matter of coarse grievous bodily harm,

again these cowardly ba$tards are 5 on 1 and to use a sword against such a slim fellow is beyond comprehension.

if you go out tooled up like this its with intent to endanger life and should be charged as such 

3 minutes ago, dieseldave1951 said:

this type of attack is not so regular in the UK and the police actually do something to arrest those responsible, there is no wai and money paid and alls forgiven, the police prosecute as a matter of coarse grievous bodily harm,

again these cowardly ba$tards are 5 on 1 and to use a sword against such a slim fellow is beyond comprehension 

Not been back for a long time, but from what I am told, and read, the coppers are shit scared of gangs of youths, and also, do not have the same powers they had years ago. P.C. brigade, and all that shit. 

What is with all the swords lately?  A few weeks back a young man got his hand chopped off, last week a guy on a motorbike got slashed on his back, now this. Too many swords in Thailand and it is time to ban them, there is no use for a person to own one.

These are not just high-spirited youths misbehaving, they are terrorist gangs with a strong potential to commit serious injury and even brutal murder. 

They should be tried as adults for their crimes. Thailand still has the death penalty for murder whereas the perpetrators intend to kill and should at least once in a while be implemented. Putting these dangerous thugs in prison is not a deterrent as for them is like a home from home.  Thailand should use China as a good example.

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

There's an obvious youth-problem in Thailand...they don't have any respect for other people, especially when in a group. Their parents are responsible.

It's not a youth problem. It's a lack of maturity problem. It seems that a significant segment of the male population refuses to grow up and are not held responsible for their immature, and often times, violent behavior. 

7 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

What is with all the swords lately?  A few weeks back a young man got his hand chopped off, last week a guy on a motorbike got slashed on his back, now this. Too many swords in Thailand and it is time to ban them, there is no use for a person to own one.

I have been seeing them for sale at the markets and thought who would buy something like that. Now I know.

I think some responsibility lands at the homes of these punks. Boys are so spoiled here whether they are good or bad. Girls get their ass whipped for things out of their control.

15 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

They say " the penis mightier than the sword."

23 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

A machete is a great gardening tool and much cheaper than an axe. You must be living in a condo i guess?

8 minutes ago, fruitman said:

A machete is a great gardening tool and much cheaper than an axe. You must be living in a condo i guess?

Those are not machete's they are swords, I do understand that a machete would probably be an equal or better weapon, but the sword is a symbol of their twisted mentality I think.

12 minutes ago, nahkit said:

At around 16 secs into the video he takes something out of his bag and hands it to the guy attacking him - possibly whatever was in the bag is linked to the attack. Looks like a jacket to me.

I wish he would have pulled out a taser and zapped them all and then pounded their heads in.

The solution is rather simple: start punishing the parents. This should be done to much greater extent in not just Thailand, but all over the world. If parents ran the risk of getting large (!) fines, you can be damn sure 15 year old Somchai wouldn't be allowed to run amok through the city at 2am or ride around on a modified motorcycle.

Your little prince beat someone up? 100,000 baht fine.

Your little sweetheart participated in illegal street racing? Motorcycle impounded and sold, as well as a 50,000 baht fine.

14 minutes ago, Myran said:

The solution is rather simple: start punishing the parents. This should be done to much greater extent in not just Thailand, but all over the world. If parents ran the risk of getting large (!) fines, you can be damn sure 15 year old Somchai wouldn't be allowed to run amok through the city at 2am or ride around on a modified motorcycle.

Your little prince beat someone up? 100,000 baht fine.

Your little sweetheart participated in illegal street racing? Motorcycle impounded and sold, as well as a 50,000 baht fine.

The other day i was in a group of Thai friends who brought their kids. One young girl was very wild and got some spanking from daddy. All the other Thai were outraged because of it and told him to stop that. She's a very nice girl but yes, very wild and never shut up.

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

There's an obvious youth-problem in Thailand...they don't have any respect for other people, especially when in a group. Their parents are responsible.

And authority.

When the rule of law (joke) is ruled by the biggest criminal enterprise in the country, why would anybody respect it. 

Throw in the, shall we say 'ego, face and little man issues' that so many Thais suffer from and there you go. 

Archived