Thousands join anti-Trump protests around country 

webfact

Thousands join anti-Trump protests around country 

CHICAGO (AP) — Thousands of protesters around the country took to the streets Wednesday to condemn the election of Donald Trump as president.

The demonstrations were mostly peaceful, authorities said.

In Chicago, several thousand people marched through the Loop and gathered outside Trump Tower, chanting "Not my president!"

Chicago resident Michael Burke said he believes the president-elect will "divide the country and stir up hatred." He added there was a constitutional duty not to accept that.

A similar protest in Manhattan drew about 1,000 people. Outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in midtown, police installed barricades to keep the demonstrators at bay.

Hundreds of protesters gathered near Philadelphia's City Hall despite chilly, wet weather. Participants — who included both supporters of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who lost to Clinton in the primary — expressed anger at both Republicans and Democrats over the election's outcome.

In Boston, thousands of anti-Donald Trump protesters streamed through downtown, chanting "Trump's a racist" and carrying signs that said "Impeach Trump" and "Abolish Electoral College."

The protesters gathered on Boston Common before marching toward the Massachusetts Statehouse, with beefed-up security including extra police officers.

Hundreds of University of Texas students spilled out of classrooms to march through downtown Austin. They marched along streets near the Texas Capitol, then briefly blocked a crowded traffic bridge.

Marchers protesting Donald Trump's election as president chanted and carried signs in front of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Local media outlets broadcast video Wednesday night showing a peaceful crowd in front of the new downtown hotel. Many chanted "No racist USA, no trump, no KKK."

Another group stood outside the White House. They held candles, listened to speeches and sang songs.

Earlier Wednesday, protesters at American University burned U.S. flags on campus.

In Oregon, dozens of people blocked traffic in downtown Portland, burned American flags and forced a delay for trains on two light-rail lines. Earlier the protest in downtown drew several Trump supporters, who taunted the demonstrators with signs. At one point, a lone Trump supporter was chased across Pioneer Courthouse Square and hit in the back with a skateboard before others intervened.

Protests also were reported at a number of universities in California and Connecticut, while several hundred people marched in San Francisco and others gathered outside City Hall in Los Angeles.

The only major violence was reported in Oakland, California, during a protest that began shortly before midnight and lasted into early Wednesday morning.

Some demonstrators set garbage bins on fire, broke windows and sprayed graffiti at five businesses in the downtown area, police said. No arrests were made.

Another protest began Wednesday evening downtown, with several hundred chanting, sign-waving people gathering in Frank Ogawa Plaza.

In San Francisco, hundreds are marching along Market Avenue, one of the city's main avenues, to join a vigil in the Castro District, a predominantly gay neighborhood.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-11-10

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The American Democrats lead by Obama and Clinton cried/s that Thailand should adhere to democracy after the military took power, now the American Democrats cries that Trump got elected to president... if you can't accept democracy in your own country then you shouldn't even bother how other countries are governed!
Democracy - Rule by the People... and frankly more people are happy now with the boys in green than they were when the puppet and her master was running the show! 

These silly Lefties think they are doing something noble, deluding themselves they are standing up for Good against Evil.

What has actually happened is that these snowflake people have been so spoiled and cosseted that nobody has ever said ‘No’ to them before, and they’ve been so supervised that there has always been an authority figure to help out in times of distress — either they can run to Mommy to make it better, or to the Dean of the college to make the nasty man go away.

Today, for the first time in their pampered lives, someone has said ‘No’ to them, and there is nobody to run to, to make it better. So, the toys go out of the pram.

Wonderful stuff.

23 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

The American Democrats lead by Obama and Clinton cried/s that Thailand should adhere to democracy after the military took power, now the American Democrats cries that Trump got elected to president... if you can't accept democracy in your own country then you shouldn't even bother how other countries are governed!
Democracy - Rule by the People... and frankly more people are happy now with the boys in green than they were when the puppet and her master was running the show! 

Thailand should adhere to democracy and democratic principles.   

Many people in the US are not happy, but many are.   The opposition conceded the election gracefully, the president has invited the president-elect to the Whitehouse to start the transition.   So, I am not sure who's not accepting democracy.   There are no troops on the streets, no soldiers, no tanks.  There are some protests, but that's a part of democracy and freedom of expression.

I wasn't a fan of DT, but he won fair and square, and now the US will give him a chance to take the mantle, not necessarily happily, but he will have the chance to prove himself.   

Stupid people out in the streets. Revolutions are never won in the streets of cities. They are lost there. Revolutions are won with whoever controls the countryside and can lay siege to the cities and choke them off. Most of these kids couldn't go a day without Starbucks. If they EVER push it towards a civil war, their urban sanctuaries will be cut off, their food supplies disrupted, and they will be cannibalizing each other within days. It is very easy to do this. And it has become easier as cities have grown larger.

Appears many American oppose Democratic process. Trump won the election case closed. Get on with life in a democratic country. To protest an election is absurd to say the least. The people have spoken.Work with what you have.Like they say here on ThaiVisa about Thailand if you do not like it go somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

Voluntarily or same as Mexicans.

We're looking at the trains running on time north and south simultaneously eh.

Or will they run in sequence, south first then north afterwards. 

You haven't got a clue. Wrong about the nomination. Wrong about the election. Just wrong. Always. Most useless commentary I've ever seen on TVF were your cut and paste jobs telling us how inevitable HRC was.  You boyz lost.  Deal with it.

28 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

These silly Lefties think they are doing something noble, deluding themselves they are standing up for Good against Evil.

What has actually happened is that these snowflake people have been so spoiled and cosseted that nobody has ever said ‘No’ to them before, and they’ve been so supervised that there has always been an authority figure to help out in times of distress — either they can run to Mommy to make it better, or to the Dean of the college to make the nasty man go away.

Today, for the first time in their pampered lives, someone has said ‘No’ to them, and there is nobody to run to, to make it better. So, the toys go out of the pram.

Wonderful stuff.

Very succinctly put ?

18 minutes ago, Usernames said:

You haven't got a clue. Wrong about the nomination. Wrong about the election. Just wrong. Always. Most useless commentary I've ever seen on TVF were your cut and paste jobs telling us how inevitable HRC was.  You boyz lost.  Deal with it.

Basically a troll and I won't be biting in the future...I would politely suggest you might want to consider doing the same. He might then just go away.

15 minutes ago, Usernames said:

We are dealing with it.

Constitutionally.

Demonstrators are exercising their First Amendment rights.

Virtually everyone got the election wrong. Thing is, USA might not be the country we thought it to be. If the Capitol Building might get torched then we'd know for sure. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:48 AM, RickBradford said:

Wonderful stuff.

Spot on mate. One of the best posts I've read.

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

We're talking a lot of trains.

And a lot of trouble.

Any comment now that every post you wrote about Trump losing was wrong?

All the American people need to man up and accept that Trump won. If HRC can appeal for people to come together and have an open mind, there is no excuse for the continued sniping.

Trump WILL be president- live with it.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

All the American people need to man up and accept that Trump won. If HRC can appeal for people to come together and have an open mind, there is no excuse for the continued sniping.

Again, I suggest you join some of us in not feeding trolls...we're looking to starve them off the forum.

5 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Again, I suggest you join some of us in not feeding trolls...we're looking to starve them off the forum.

I accept what you say, but I'd really like to see him admit he was wrong after posting more pixels than probably every other poster on TV Trump threads put together.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I accept what you say, but I'd really like to see him admit he was wrong after posting more pixels than probably every other poster on TV Trump threads put together.

He'll never do that...just get satisfaction in knowing how many times he demonstrated to the entire internet how little knowledge of American politics he actually possesses; and leave it at that ???

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You've missed that I'd already accepted it and that I recognised it immediately. You've missed that I'm living with it.

I'm ready for Trump because I know what Donald Trump is. I said it early last year and I've said it consistently since and I will continue to say it. 

The Uniquely American Fascist. 

Youse guyze haven't missed that either. So reconcile yourselves to the facts of life, which are that you're not fooling too many people, and that you'll be fooling even fewer people as you take it OTT.

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

Democracy - Rule by the People... and frankly more people are happy now with the boys in green than they were when the puppet and her master was running the show

I agree that people should respect democracy everywhere. But where did you get the more people are happy now with the boys in green. From a Dusit poll.:cheesy:

If they are that happy an election should have been done and dusted.

46 minutes ago, Credo said:

Thailand should adhere to democracy and democratic principles.   

Many people in the US are not happy, but many are.   The opposition conceded the election gracefully, the president has invited the president-elect to the Whitehouse to start the transition.   So, I am not sure who's not accepting democracy.   There are no troops on the streets, no soldiers, no tanks.  There are some protests, but that's a part of democracy and freedom of expression.

I wasn't a fan of DT, but he won fair and square, and now the US will give him a chance to take the mantle, not necessarily happily, but he will have the chance to prove himself.   

It's not about Thailand, OK!

I'd like to see them go protest in the rust belt, or a closed down coal town.

Obama lost ( HRC was just his puppet ) because of what he DID. Trump didn't win because people liked HIM, they voted for him because they didn't like HER, and everything she stood for. The Dems have a long road back to what they should stand for. If they can do that they might have a chance in 4 years ( as long as she doesn't stand again ).

Archived