Thousands join anti-Trump protests around country 

webfact

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am gobsmacked. Grief counselling for high school and college students over the election (yes, the election). You've got to be joking!!!!!!!!! What has the US come to? It is pathetic. Absolutely, bloody pathetic. 

When trumpist (fascist) policies start actually taking away CIVIL RIGHTS that millions of people already have, then the anti trumpist sheit is really going to hit the fan. I don't think people are contesting the legitimacy of the election, even though Hillary Clinton actually WON the popular vote, those are the understood rules and the electoral college totals weren't close. It seems more like expressing proactive ANGER about what's coming under fascist trumpism based on his PROMISES. 

But, WATCH OUT, people are not going to stand  passively by when those civil rights are stripped away (or even close to being stripped away). 

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Immigration issues (ripping families apart)

Related issues of course ... national enactment of stop and frisk based on RACIAL profiling. Police violence against minorities.

For years I have heard about the silent majority. I feel this election is the first of many indications the silent majority is tired of being silent and wants to be heard. They said nothing all through campaign but spoke at the ballot box And in a shouting match the more people you have the better you are heard. So stand  back special interest groups you might get out yelled.

6 minutes ago, Publicus said:

You've missed that I'd already accepted it and that I recognised it immediately. You've missed that I'm living with it.

I'm ready for Trump because I know what Donald Trump is. I said it early last year and I've said it consistently since and I will continue to say it. 

The Uniquely American Fascist. 

Youse guyze haven't missed that either. So reconcile yourselves to the facts of life, which are that you're not fooling too many people, and that you'll be fooling even fewer people as you take it OTT.

Oh dear, you may have admitted it elsewhere and I must have missed it, but by what you say in the last two paragraphs you haven't accepted it, so I'm joining the "don't feed the trolls' campaign on here.

Bye.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When trumpist (fascist) policies start actually taking away CIVIL RIGHTS that millions of people already have, then the anti trumpist sheit is really going to hit the fan. I don't think people are contested the legitimacy of the election, even though Hillary Clinton actually WON the popular vote, those are the understood rules and the electoral college totals weren't close.

But, WATCH OUT, people are not going to stand peacefully by when those civil rights are stripped away (or even close to being stripped away). 

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Related issues of course ... national enactment of stop and frisk based on RACIAL profiling. Police violence against minorities.

Another troll to be ignored...except when I'm hungry ?

Just now, Jingthing said:

When trumpist (fascist) policies start actually taking away CIVIL RIGHTS that millions of people already have, then the anti trumpist sheit is really going to hit the fan. I don't think people are contested the legitimacy of the election, even though Hillary Clinton actually WON the popular vote, those are the understood rules and the electoral college totals weren't close.

But, WATCH OUT, people are not going to stand peacefully by when those civil rights are stripped away (or even close to being stripped away). 

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Are you for real? The guy has only been elected and you have already putting him down. He has not done one thing yet as the President and you are already judging his actions. Talk about a kangaroo court. 

1 hour ago, Kasset Tak said:

The American Democrats lead by Obama and Clinton cried/s that Thailand should adhere to democracy after the military took power, now the American Democrats cries that Trump got elected to president... if you can't accept democracy in your own country then you shouldn't even bother how other countries are governed!
Democracy - Rule by the People... and frankly more people are happy now with the boys in green than they were when the puppet and her master was running the show! 

+1 :clap2:

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When trumpist (fascist) policies start actually taking away CIVIL RIGHTS that millions of people already have, then the anti trumpist sheit is really going to hit the fan. I don't think people are contesting the legitimacy of the election, even though Hillary Clinton actually WON the popular vote, those are the understood rules and the electoral college totals weren't close. It seems more like expressing proactive ANGER about what's coming under fascist trumpism based on his PROMISES. 

But, WATCH OUT, people are not going to stand  passively by when those civil rights are stripped away (or even close to being stripped away). 

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Back to your safe room. Call a counselor. 

8 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Are you for real? The guy has only been elected and you have already putting him down. He has not done one thing yet as the President and you are already judging his actions. Talk about a kangaroo court. 

I am projecting that he will actually enact some of his promised policies. We were supposed to assume he wouldn't? 

If you want to follow this trend, go here:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/notmypresident

31 minutes ago, Usernames said:

This is good for the soul.  

Very amusing, but puke-worthy all the same. Unbridled pandering and not wanting to upset anyone's feelings PCness has lead to this... swathes of weak, pampered kids that don't know real life. Give me ice cream or I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm sick.Yuck.

The idiots on the streets are hypocrites. Yes, it's their right, but they're not respecting democracy. I want it my way or else! 

Just now, lannarebirth said:

That is the assumption I'm making.

I think you're totally wrong. We'll see.

He promised to kill Obamacare. Congress has voted dozens of times to do that. Now their party controls EVERYTHING. Of course he will kill it.

About abortion rights and same sex marriage, he has promised to appoint far right wing justices that are like Scalia. Scalia would be a vote to overturn same sex marriage, overturn Roe v. Wade, and keep Citizens United.

I think your POV that he won't do those things is absurd.

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

Very amusing, but puke-worthy all the same. Unbridled pandering and not wanting to upset anyone's feelings PCness has lead to this... swathes of weak, pampered kids that don't know real life. Give me ice cream or I'll scweam and scweam and scweam until I'm sick.Yuck.

The idiots on the streets are hypocrites. Yes, it's their right, but they're not respecting democracy. I want it my way or else! 

If a  new president was elected promising to strip away civil rights that you've enjoyed, that you have already, wouldn't you feel motivated to  try to find a way to stop him from doing that?  That's different than contesting the results. I don't think it's credible to protest the results. They are legit. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

If a  new president was elected promising to strip away civil rights that you've enjoyed, that you have already, wouldn't you feel motivated to  try to find a way to stop him from doing that?  That's different than contesting the results. I don't think it's credible to protest the results. They are legit. 

It just seems so self centered. I don't dispute that it is their right. I just wish they could have found the time to protest the 6 wars we are currently involved in. But that doesn't affect then does it. It's the Red state kids that fight those wars.

I remember when Jay Leno used to do his Man on the Street skits. The one that tested people's geography was pretty embarrassing.  Well, Today CNN talking with some of these protestors equally so. 

I'm glad I left a quarter of a century ago. 

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Noooo I sense a Gay parade coming on.......those chaps with nothing under should  be illegal too :thumbsup:

kidding aside...cracks me up when folks try to claim arresting an illegal is ripping families apart........guess you could say the same for any family member thrown in jail  for any crime eh?  Yet deportation is not jail is it? Nor is it ripping a family that is free if they like to leave together

but folks who cry your story basically are saying.....If you can sneak into the USA & evade the law for x amount of years ok you win and may stay. Never mind all those that worked hard to come in thru the proper channels right? Main thing is you got yours right?

This sense of entitlement ......phooey :bah:

3 minutes ago, mania said:

Noooo I sense a Gay parade coming on.......those chaps with nothing under should  be illegal too :thumbsup:

kidding aside...cracks me up when folks try to claim arresting an illegal is ripping families apart........guess you could say the same for any family member thrown in jail  for any crime eh?  Yet deportation is not jail is it? Nor is it ripping a family that is free if they like to leave together

but folks who cry your story basically are saying.....If you can sneak into the USA & evade the law for x amount of years ok you win and may stay. Never mind all those that worked hard to come in thru the proper channels right? Main thing is you got yours right?

This sense of entitlement ......phooey :bah:

Yep, haven't you heard, nobody who commits a crime, like rape or murder, is to be jailed if they have a family...it's in the Democratic Party platform

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It just seems so self centered. I don't dispute that it is their right. I just wish they could have found the time to protest the 6 wars we are currently involved in. But that doesn't affect then does it. It's the Red state kids that fight those wars.

I reckon much of that crowd is anti-war as well. It's a leftist crowd.

But beyond that I find your point nauseating and disingenous.

I'm assuming you're not in a minority group being threatened with having your civil rights stripped away by a fascist movement.

Don't know if you're married, but if you were and the new president promised to take action that would soon make your marriage invalid, you're seriously telling me you would sit back and not protest that?

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

He isn't even president yet, and you are already saying what he is going to do. You were wrong about her winning which you said countless times, so perhaps you are wrong about what he will do, and you should know he can't do anything by himself. even his SCOTUS pick has to be approved by the senate. You should be grateful the US constitution doesn't allow dictators. Perhaps you should listen to what Clinton said in her last speech. If she can say it why can't her followers accept it too?

She lost, he won, he is going to be president.

I'm not responding to any more of your attacks on Trump. Bye.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I'm assuming you're not in a minority group being threatened with having your civil rights stripped away by a fascist movement.

Don't know if you're married, but if you were and the new president promised to take action that would soon make your marriage invalid, you're seriously telling me you would sit back and not protest that?

I know my wife wouldn't like it but I'd have to give it some thought. Hmmm    jk

Anyhow, I never mind a good protest if media coverage is fair.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Since when is marriage a right ? Many gays I know are opposed to marriage and simply want a civil union but that "right" was taken away from them. 

41 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I am gobsmacked. Grief counselling for high school and college students over the election (yes, the election). You've got to be joking!!!!!!!!! What has the US come to? It is pathetic. Absolutely, bloody pathetic. 

Agreed. In a country that treats it's vets so badly, they treat uni kids like little princes and princesses. Something has gone badly wrong in the US. I hope Trump can fix some of it, starting with the vets.

The BBC is still trying to attack Trump as much as they can. Interviewing protesters that hate Trump, but no one that supports him.

Shame on the BBC for being so one sided.

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Such as:

Same sex marriage

Choice for women

Health care access 

Well - you've been wrong about everything else so far when it comes to US politics, seems you really are on a roll.

Archived