Road rage: Belgian man knocked down by Thai Benz driver half his age

webfact

Road rage: Belgian man knocked down by Thai Benz driver half his age

pm1.jpg

RAYONG: -- In the latest road rage incident a Belgian pensioner has been knocked to the ground by the young driver of a Benz in broad daylight on Wednesday morning.

The assault was caught on video and appeared on Thai national news. It followed a minor overtaking incident between the drivers of both cars.

Roland Hattercant, 68, was left requiring hospital treatment after being attacked by a man aged about 30 who fled the scene, reports tnamcot.

But now it has emerged that the Thai driver reported the incident to police before his Belgian adversary got there to do the same.

Mr Hattercant's Thai wife Atcharawadee, 38, told reporters that they were in the area to take their daughter to St Joseph school. 

They were approaching the intersection on Sukhumvit Road near the Kameo Hotel.

According to Atcharawadee her husband overtook a Benz then the driver of the Benz undercut her husband in order to get past. 

He seemed cross at being overtaken, she said. They were both stopped at the lights.

Her husband got out of his car to find out what was going on and that is when he was hit to the ground. There were many people stopped at the lights, she said.

The assailant simply left. She said her husband had been attacked without warning.

The couple managed to take their daughter to school before going to Rayong Hospital.

They then reported the matter to Rayong police but were told that the other man had already reported the incident.

The TNA report gave no comment from the police.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-10

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"Her husband got out of his car to find out what was going on and that is when he was hit to the ground. "

That was his first big mistake. No need to get out of the car if there was no contact between vehicles.

I really wonder too why he got out.. seems he wanted to vent his anger or something. Does not mean he deserved to be beaten though its not a smart move at all. 

One of the first things I learnt here was a bit like the guy in 'Apocalypse Now': "Never leave the boat, pant pant" being chased by a tiger.

Happened when a guy motorcyed out in front of me and fell over without touching anything. My wife made me wait in the car until he got up and left.

I feel sorry for the guy especially as he was a lot smaller and clearly didn't want a fight. It is a first for me though actually seeing a Thai on a 'one on one situation'. Hopefully Karma will reward him with someone more his size and age next time and give him some of his own medicine, 10 fold.

Re: The assailant simply left. She said her husband had been attacked without warning.

Not true he got out of his car and instigated the confrontation. Most probably the old pensioner was incensed at the Mercedes Benz driver thinking that he owned the road. Well this is Thailand where status/money talks and, by the way, old pensioner  ever thought  that a Thai man may be incensed at an old fart like you using his money to get a Thai woman 30 years his junior. The only difference is that  a Thai man doesn't get out of his car and give his opinion of you robbing the cradle so to speak ... lol. All the same  I'm pretty fed up with hi-so Thais. Yesterday I was walking  through a local Wat  and  a Mercedes Benz owner had blocked the entire entrance to the Wat where  people and the motor cycles entered. Rather that find an open parking space he parked in the first place he saw. Back home he would have  got the "key" treatment on his car before being towed away. Then again this Thailand and its for Thais to modify this entitlement behavior, not me!

Her husband got out of his car to find out what was going on and that is when he was hit to the ground.

He escalated the incident, the Belgian guy deserved all that he got. Sometimes it takes more courage to walk away from a fight then to try and battle it out just to try and prove who is the bigger man.

3 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"Her husband got out of his car to find out what was going on and that is when he was hit to the ground. "

That was his first big mistake. No need to get out of the car if there was no contact between vehicles.

Let the retard in the benz drive off and kill or injure some other poor traveler

No need to get out of your car

Just swear at him in a low voice

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Trying to exercise his farang privilege and knocked flat ?

Belgian man has to take some share of blame here especially as it seems he had his daughter in the car & were on their way to drop her at school.

Forgetting about the accusations of poor driving that lead to this incident, the Thai man could claim that he felt fear as the Belgian left his own car & came towards him.

He then instinctively defended himself.

My Thai is not good enough to understand what was being said in that clip.

Seems to me both participants could make the "in a state of musth" plea in this case. On balance, the bigger elephant is most likely to win, more cards to play. (1)The farang idiot got out of his car to front me; (2) he started it; (3) I couldn't understand what he was saying, but he didn't sound polite; (4) He hit my door/window (or anything else that comes to mind); (5) I was scared by his angry attitude. You know how people can pull a gun or knife anytime when they're angry?; (6) I had an important meeting to attend and didn't want to waste time arguing with someone I couldn't understand anyway;  etc, etc.  What can the bruised Belgian say? ... My wife made me do it?. Anything else he says is trumped by his aggressive behaviour in leaving his car,   ...looking for trouble.. Musth in traffic in a foreign country, unarmed and no black belt, fragile and feeble, is not sensible. Play the meditating buffalo, not the elephant.

So many "fuxked up" people in this world!

Hope I never run into an idiot like this. Would send him directly to the hospital, if he tried to punch me. But guess he only beats on smaller and older guys. What an idiot!

Even more ridiculous (and typical Thai) that he then tries to play the victim after hitting the old guy. Well done! A real man!

Archived