SURVEY: Did the US elect the right person as President?

Scott

SURVEY: Is President-elect, Donald, the right person to be the next President?  

504 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the election is over, in your opinion, do you believe the US chose the right person to be the next president?

Please feel free to make a comment.  All members are welcome to express their opinion, regardless of nationality.  

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This election was off the rails from a long time ago. Hilary was the wrong person, Trump is the wrong person. Hopefully Trump has enough sense though  to rise above the playground mentality of his campaign of name calling  and late night tweets  to fill the shoes of a leader and develop the skills to workout some of the problems facing the country. Time will tell. It's hard to have confidence in someone who ridiculed a handicapped on national TV then tried to deny it though.

22 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Of course the right person got elected. He won. That's democracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regardless of our opinion on who should win; this was actually not democracy as the person with the most votes did not get elected.   That our way - and believe was justified at the time - but today it becomes a liability IMHO as just too hard to try and justify anymore.

Regardless of our opinion on who should win; this was actually not democracy as the person with the most votes did not get elected.   That our way - and believe was justified at the time - but today it becomes a liability IMHO as just too hard to try and justify anymore.

Incorrect.

The rules were known by all in advance. Each candidate put in their best effort to win in accordance with those rules.

Trump won. Had it been a contest of the popular vote, he would have played and won that game.

Changing the rules when you lose is not democracy.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

right, in my country ( France ), Clinton wins, but at 69 years old and her strange behavior I think anyway she's not the good person

How vote works in USA is very strange to me  ( as strange as baseball or American football I must say :smile:)

Amazing that pointing out the obvious - and what was pointed out often by Donald - causes a panic attack.  We are not a democracy in that all votes count the same and we were not designed to be so.  That was all I was stating - not bashing anyone.

1 hour ago, Dagnabbit said:

Incorrect.

The rules were known by all in advance. Each candidate put in their best effort to win in accordance with those rules.

Trump won. Had it been a contest of the popular vote, he would have played and won that game.

2 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Trump will drain the swamp - full stop. :smile:

He won't. People have been conned by a master CON MAN. They should have known  better.

He promised the moon. Instead the people will get MOONED by the President Nutcase. What did you expect from the man that ran a campaign that was the most disgusting display of HATE SPEECH in American history. 

The man has the emotional level of an immature small child in the body of a 70 year old. He has

no attention span. He's a know nothing. The planet is in danger now. 

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Don Jr, Ivanka, and Eric, who will run Trump biz under blind trust, are all on the Trump presidential transition team.

Thankfully those corrupt Clintons, with all their conflicts of interest, are gone from politics. 

T

He's going to  be impeached ... he will break so many laws it will make people's head spin, and he'll be replaced by a sane person, Pence, that unfortunately happens to be from the extremist far right wing that will kill social security and Medicare, among other horrors.  

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He's going to  be impeached ... he will break so many laws it will make people's head spin, and he'll be replaced by a sane person, Pence, that unfortunately happens to be from the extremist far right wing that will kill social security and Medicare, among other horrors.  

You had the same far out pitches for Hillary, and look what happened. 

The reality is, you don't know any of this at all and could very well be proven wrong. 

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

There are worse things than Trump and IMO a Pence presidency is one of them. And there are worse things than that too. Better to protest when there is cause for protest than the crying wolf that is going on now. No one will take it seriously otherwise..

2 hours ago, Rob13 said:

This election was off the rails from a long time ago. Hilary was the wrong person, Trump is the wrong person. Hopefully Trump has enough sense though  to rise above the playground mentality of his campaign of name calling  and late night tweets  to fill the shoes of a leader and develop the skills to workout some of the problems facing the country. Time will tell. It's hard to have confidence in someone who ridiculed a handicapped on national TV then tried to deny it though.

My goodness! You say Trump is the wrong person, yet he beat 16 other GOP candidates in the primaries. It's not like you didn't have a choice.

I'm not a Trump fan boy but there was no alternative. I was in the ANYONE except Hillary camp. You would have to be quite ignorant to support a vicious corrupt liar for president of the USA. At least Trump is a negotiator and a dealer. He is capable of compromise and leaving everyone with some saving of face.

17 minutes ago, tropo said:

My goodness! You say Trump is the wrong person, yet he beat 16 other GOP candidates in the primaries. It's not like you didn't have a choice.

Not sure what you're getting at. Him being nominated and then elected involved alot more then just my choice. But, yeah, I guess you're right, I did have a choice and I voted.

2 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

I agree completely. The die is cast. Everyone knew the rules and accepted the same when they entered the race. There is no question of not accepting the results, vile as those results may be. 

But guess who had a very different idea in 2012? Do you think if he had lost this time, he wouldn't still hold the same view?

IMG_1078.JPG

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

We have a Democratic Republic or Representative Democracy with 50 states and a Federal District. All of witch need a voice. The Electoral College, while flawed I guess, it still vastly superior than a strict Popular Vote as Cali, New York, Illinois, etc would carry every election, and the rest would be left to rot. This may appeal to some people but in fairness and respect for the country as a whole, its better. 

36 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

There are worse things than Trump and IMO a Pence presidency is one of them. And there are worse things than that too. Better to protest when there is cause for protest than the crying wolf that is going on now. No one will take it seriously otherwise..

It won't be long. 

17 minutes ago, CharlieK said:

America got the President it deserves, Whether it is the right president is irrelevant. I would suggest the sane people were the ones that didn't vote for either candidate!

Not an American thank g-d. 

"America got the President it deserves"  

Can you expand on that?  Or do you just like to reuse content-free quotes?

26 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Clinton was a corrupt, arrogant liar so how could anyone vote for the bitch?....

trump's victory validates and gives approval to misogynistic hate speech as above.  Expect a lot of more of that now and also targeted at Muslims, Latinos, LGBTQ, African Americans, Jews, and really most anyone that isn't a white man. 

1 minute ago, Strange said:

The Electoral College, while flawed I guess, it still vastly superior than a strict Popular Vote as Cali, New York, Illinois, etc would carry every election, and the rest would be left to ro

Somebody came up with the electoral college as compromise. A direct election would be fair -one man one vote  is not based on state populaion size. In a true democracy direct voting is what's fair. Electoral college works but it isn't true democracy. 

3 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Somebody came up with the electoral college as compromise. A direct election would be fair -one man one vote  is not based on state populaion size. In a true democracy direct voting is what's fair. Electoral college works but it isn't true democracy. 

Yeah, well, "true" democracy might mean instant electronic voting for every piece of legislation by the entire population. Would you trust people with that? After this trump farce, I would less than ever. 

Archived