Nicotine patches

haroldc

• 5 weeks later...

I have been unable to find them in Thailand, so I ordered a Habitrol three-step regime from the US - 28 patches in each step. $79 US for the patches, and $40 for registered first class mail - 17 days to arrive.

PM me if you want the info.

I gave up on the patches even when I could get them.

Instead I went on the Champix tablets and I swear by them. I've not had a fag since 21st March and no longer get any craving, just the occasional urge when I go out drinking.

The British NHS have a no smoking campaign and will supply you with whatever you need to quit. They are reluctant to keep giving you Champix for some reason they can't explain so you have to be insistent and tell them you really need them. I was more or less free of nicotine addiction after 6 months. 

Champix tablets are the MOST successful aid to packing up smoking.

I've never heard of anyone obtaining them in the LOS. I got mine in London but had to keep pestering the nurse for more tablets. I found them to be the one remedy that worked yet for some reason they were very reluctant to keep prescribing them. There were no serious side effects. I explained all this to them and said you'll keep giving us all the other useless stuff like patches, gum and inhalers but where the one effective treatment that works is concerned you want to regulate our supply. 

She said 2 months should get you off the habit and when I asked how long had she smoked for she admitted that she'd never done so I told her that it takes at least six months for a life long smoker to quit so she relented and prescribed more. I've still got a few left that I avail myself of when I feel the need. I still miss a smoke especially when having a drink but It's not a serious problem. You have to tell yourself that the urge will pass in a few minutes and it does.

If you can get hold of them in Thailand them give 'em a go. I swear by them!

On 12/11/2016 at 4:07 PM, Thanyaburi Mac said:

Yogi

Champix  available here in Thailand?

Mac

I've been told by a Thai lady that Champix or a copy of it is available in Pattaya but I'm not familiar with it nor do I know what it's called. I would not know about where you live.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 10:30 AM, ThaiPauly said:

Quit smoking with the patches nearly a month ago.

I really thought I would be a lifelong smoker, but somehow I have got through so far.

Guess I had better change my avatar,  still got the bald head though !

Me too!

55 years on cigarettes, less a few when I switched to pipes; I ordered the 3 step Habitrol patches, and they worked fine. Now more than three months without a cigarette....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good morning,

I want/need to stop smoking, I've read all the posts above but they don't help me.

I've checked all the pharmacists I've come across  in my area, Bansaen, for patches gum etc but they don't seem to stock them.

I wonder if you guys in Pattaya could help me out, have any of you found patches etc in Pattaya?

Thanks in anticipation,

LozTh

• 1 month later...

Archived