"Checkpoint hero Kriangkrai" hits back at police - will sue them for defamation!

rooster59

"Checkpoint hero Kriangkrai" hits back at police - will sue them for defamation!

unnamed.jpg
Image: Manager

The social activist at the center of the "checkpoint" fleecing row is stepping up his attack on the police.

Kriangkrai Thai-orn told officers in his hometown of Nong Bua Lamphu in the north east that he has been defamed by many top police on Facebook and wants action taken.

Midweek Kriangkrai filmed himself at two allegedly rogue police checkpoints in Korat. He went live on Facebook with 300,000 followers as he told officers what they were doing was illegal.

Both checkpoints packed up their cones and went home to base with their tails between their legs.

Next day the head of Korat police said that Kriengkrai had confused the public with his operation. He said that the police were doing nothing wrong and Kriengkrai may be prosecuted.

But Kriengrai has not taken this accusation lying doing. He was back on the attack yesterday telling investigators at Nong Bua Lamphu to take action against several top cops for trying to ruin his good name.

Then he told reporters that he has a host of evidence against police who he said are fleecing road users: "I won't stop," he said. "There are lots of cases and there is a lot of evidence against police to come in this matter".

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-13

Next day the head of Korat police said that Kriengkrai had confused the public with his operation. 

How did he confuse the public? And which public?

I think he confused the cops, as they ran away without knowing for sure if what they were doing was legal or not.

Lately theres police on every corner in Pattaya its disgusting.
I drive Ducati all legit, when I drive from Jomtien to North Pattaya I past 3 check points, most of the time being stopped.
And heres best bit was stopped 3 times in 1 roundabout going around it lol yeh u read that right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

With the influence of social media, Thais can begin to take some control over their lives...I hope he and others continue to fight the good fight...the police here are totally immoral and victimize the citizenry...I'd love to see officers go to jail, but that may never happen...at the very least, they can be called crooks, which is true and objective.

I had an accident with two police on a motorcycle. It was clearly their  fault and they tried to fleece me. I pulled out my mobile phone and pretended to dial a number. I asked them if they would like to speak to my friend who was a high-ranking police officer. They looked scared, jumped on their motorcycle and sped off.

2 minutes ago, gamini said:

I had an accident with two police on a motorcycle. It was clearly their  fault and they tried to fleece me. I pulled out my mobile phone and pretended to dial a number. I asked them if they would like to speak to my friend who was a high-ranking police officer. They looked scared, jumped on their motorcycle and sped off.

I believe you mate. Thousands wouldnt.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Personal responsibility for actions is not (unfortunately) high on the agenda here. The corrupt cops, at worst, will be transferred to a different area to continue fleecing residents& expats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact that a 'common' (read not so-called 'hi-so') Thai person dares to challenge the authorities the way he did is fascinating because it goes radically against Thai culture and its strong Confucean principles, big time :

1/ 'Little people' are not supposed to challenge 'big people' as this would threaten social 'harmony' (read daily abuse from powerful guys over the meek and helpless).

2/ When 'little people' blow a fuse nonetheless and then get threatened with the full force of the Force, they are expected to back down with a big wai and say 'I'm so sorry, I was out of my mind, due to too much drinking'.

3/ No one, lo or hi-so, is supposed to scream in the middle of the road, make a scene and shame other people, even if said people are totally in the wrong, because it means they're losing face and the consequences could be devastating.

For having the balls to challenge such deeply ingrained taboos, I must say this guy is quite extraordinary, in the most litteral sense of the word. Does it signal a subtle change in Thai society ? I would say it probably does, and mobile phones with cameras are a major factor here. Oh the irony of this ... Big corporations, both foreign and Thai, make billions by turning people into addicts of 'the hopeless little screen', and now the 'users' are using their devices to take on the establishment ... Karma ?

Good on him.   

Remember this one from March 2015. 

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/korat-police-chief-axed-for-allowing-improper-roadblocks-to-be-set-up/

Seem to recall an attempt at check point reform.   Must be approved in advance, proper signage and a senior officer had to be present during operation.   I didn't think that last one was going to be a hit with the supervisory officers, made to stand on the highway, skin turning rice farmer brown, sweating their balls off with the rank and file. 

19 hours ago, gamini said:

You are very lucky they did not answer  as it happened to me on 3 occasions 2 of which the intention was to get paid , on those two occasions they did talk to my Friend who is now high up and near retirement the 3rd time the police man refused to speak to him accusing me and my friend of cronyism luckily an officer was near by and he spoke to my friend apologised to me and off I went on the Silom Rd.

Lately theres police on every corner in Pattaya its disgusting.
I drive Ducati all legit, when I drive from Jomtien to North Pattaya I past 3 check points, most of the time being stopped.
And heres best bit was stopped 3 times in 1 roundabout going around it lol yeh u read that right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I admire your patience.

23 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Personal responsibility for actions is not (unfortunately) high on the agenda here. The corrupt cops, at worst, will be transferred to a different area to continue fleecing residents& expats.

Thais can not take responsibility for any of their actions. They seem to live their lives in total denial .

On 11/13/2016 at 9:08 AM, DILLIGAD said:

My hero!

Hope he's got a bulletproof shirt!

Our hero. I hope that he's got an angel that can fly as fast as he's driving.....have a nice Loy Krathong and be a good boy, na khrap. One day our hero will just disappear and they'll tell us that he fled Thailand....:post-4641-1156694005:

On 11/13/2016 at 11:45 AM, sandgroper2 said:

I believe you mate. Thousands wouldnt.

Last week something similar happened to me and I only had to pull out my ANDROID phone and tell them that I'd call my mother in law. 

They even left their helmets, wallets and a full bottle of Regency and fled the scene as fast as they could.  

Last week something similar happened to me and I only had to pull out my ANDROID phone and tell them that I'd call my mother in law. 

They even left their helmets, wallets and a full bottle of Regency and fled the scene as fast as they could.  

Your mother in law must be a pretty mean mother.................er.

17 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Correct, it like the Thriller video!

Too many brothers do weird things to their little sisters and fathers, uncles and so on........I better stop here. 

The whole place looks like evolution never made it to U.P. And the scariest <deleted> is that more and more farangs seem to be attracted by certain P........s. 

Archived