Ford Everest Problems ?

DineshR

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting the Ford Everest 2.2. Titanium + 4x2 .

I've read most of the posts on Ford Everest and by and large, most everyone seems to agree that the Everest is a good SUV. However, I never saw any posts that detailed any issues with the Everest such as problems with manufacturing quality, engine problems, transmission problems etc.

I'd appreciate any input from current Everest owners on what kind of problems they are seeing, if any. Just want to be forewarned on potential future problems.

Thanks in advance.

I've had the Everest 3.2 Titanium since March and its been absolutely brilliant. I haven't had a single fault. I'd rate it as the best car I've bought in my 11 years in Thailand. It's the most comfortable car I've owned here and for me it takes the stress out of driving. We need to replace my wife's car and I just wish we had sufficient funds to buy a 2nd Everest. It seems that the current models have added advantage of Sync 3.

Same engine and transmission as the ford ranger so would have the same problems if ford has not sorted them out and they have had a few problems  with the auto trans and 3.2 engine but not the 2.2 engine from what i have read on the Internet and personal experience 

The older (3.2L) Everest 2015 build had three problem that I am aware of...all QC issues from suppliers ... now sorted.

1 ... Rear engine oil seal ... mine leaked slightly and has been replaced...a three day job.

2 ... Crankshaft sensor ... mine had an intermittant fault causing engine to miss fire or cut out ... replaced.

3 ... Exhaust O2 sensor ... no problem so far ... just waiting.

I can highly recommend the 3.2L version. Not exactly fuel efficent but  ... look on fuelly.com for my fuel usage since day1 ...jas21

Thank you very much for your input JAS21. I have checked out the Everest, Ranger, Fortuner and Isuzu SUV's and test driven as well and my preference right now is for the Everest 2.2 4x2 as I feel it should have better economy than the 3.2 version and for what I will use it for, I really don't need the extra power or the 4WD capability. Thanks again. Best.

1 hour ago, DineshR said:

Thank you very much for your input JAS21. I have checked out the Everest, Ranger, Fortuner and Isuzu SUV's and test driven as well and my preference right now is for the Everest 2.2 4x2 as I feel it should have better economy than the 3.2 version and for what I will use it for, I really don't need the extra power or the 4WD capability. Thanks again. Best.

I expect that you know ... either available now, or shortly is a 2.2L with the T+ bits

The 2.2 Titanium plus is available now. I saw Ford Rayong had one as a demonstrator when I was picking up my plates yesterday. I don't use the off road 4x4 capability very much but the permanent 4wd gives extra traction on wet roads and sandy roads its a real safety feature that I wouldn't be without now.

I will be buying either the  Pajero Sport top spec 4WD or the Everest 2.2 Titanium + soon. Test drove PJS Saturday and will test drive the Everest hopefully Tomorrow. PJS is very tempting right now as it's cheaper and they are offering 0.99% interest on loans (25% down payment). 

I just like the overall styling and design of the Everest ... and it's got a really spacious and well appointed interior ... that, combined with a very low noise engine (for a diesel) and expected low consumption because it's a 2.2 vs the 3.2 is what sold me on the Everest.  Right now though, I'm trying to figure out how to get the loan since I only hold a visitor visa with no work permit.

Archived