Visiting Siam Reap for 6 days in total from Bangkok. Will I require a visa before entry?

Hi all British U.K citizen. I will be visiting Siam Reap for 6 days in total entering from Bangkok via plane. Will I require a visa before entry?

Also after my 6 days I will be flying to Chiang mai and spending the remaining 8 weeks of my trip in Thailand, can anybody recommend a reliable source for obtaining a visa whilst in Siam reap.

Thank-you In advance

Kind regards

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You need a visa no matter how short a stay, but you can obtain it in arrival at the airport. Have a passport sized photo with you.

There are agents in SR who can get you a Thai visa but I don't have the details, perhaps someone else can advise.

If yo uare sure you won't stay more than 8 weeks then also have the option of entering vis exempt for 30 days and then extending that for another 30 days - but that requires a trip to immigration which in CM is well worth avoiding.

Floyd: you will need a Thai visa unless you can present a proof of onward transportation (airline) within 30 days. If you dont the plane leaves without you.

You can, however, enter Thailand by land and get the 30 days and then extend the stay. Thus, Sheryl's advice works overland but not by air.

Not sure if the visa agents in SR can get you a visa within 6 days from PP.

The only safe way would be a multiple entry visa for Thailand as you come thru BKK inbound.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all thank you for the responses. Unfortunately I am still unsure on what to do. The embassy has suggested going to Siam reap and then going from there too Phnom Penh and visiting the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh but with spending such a short amount of time in Siam reap this is not really going to be ideal, plus my flight back into Thailand leaves from Siam reap. 6 days after I arrive. As far as I can work out my options are

Apply for multiple entry at bkk ( I simply do not have the correct documentation to do this. I think it requires original bank statements and much more.

Go too Phnom Penh ( this well just turn my 6 day trip into a goose chase costing me a fortune.

Or buy a flight leaving Thailand after 30 days before I get to the airport.

If anybody has any other suggestions/advise please let me know as I am a little unsure of how to do this without it turning into a nightmare.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Floyd

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

let me get this straight;

ur flying into Bangkok ( how many days?less than 30....) an than  going to Cambodia where u will get a visa on arrival

than flying back to Bangkok for 2 months (8 weeks) correct?

OK: if so do this get a visa in ur own country before leaving home ,You wont have any trouble boarding for ur flight in the UK to Thailand as u will have a thai visa, fly into bangkok and do NOT put the visa number in the visa number section on the arrival form ( tell them not to use ur visa u got in the uk) and you will get a 30 day visa exempt entry,

go to Cambodia,

Come back and put  ur thai visa number on the arrival form, u will be stamped in for 60 days.

My friend just did this from Germany

Easy....

OR u can apply for a thai visa in SR, any agent will do it,they will send ur passport to the thai embassy in PP

From Dec 1st thai visas are now FREE, BUT u will need pay the agent for express service ( maybe $30-40)

as to post #3  I have NEVER heard of anyone departing Cambodia by air for thailand and been asked for a ticket out or refused boarding.

PS ; as the uk is a G7 Member all uk passport holders get 30 days visa exempt by land and/ or flying intoThailand

Ok so the situation is I am currently in Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam. I picked up a tourist visa here that will be stamped when I go back into Bangkok, I will spend 2 days in Bangkok then fly to Siam Reap for 6 days.

The concern is that when I fly out of Siam reap will the customs want me to produce a ticket to say I will be leaving Thailand in 30 days? Because when I re-enter I will be there for 51 days in total just flying around Thailand. My flight home returns 31st of January which I do have ticket for also.

But my plan is to come back in to Thailand on a free 30 day tourist visa and then extend in after it runs out.

Will I have to produce evidence of an onwards flight after 30 days or will they let me back in on the strength that I will extend the visa at the right time?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As above. Your problem is easily solved by using the visa only on your second entry, assuming thst will be within the validity date.

On your first entry leave the visa number section of the arrival card blank and tell the imm officer you will be staying only 2 days before traveling on so do not want to use the visa now. Entet on 30 day visa exempt stamp, leave, come back in on the visa.

Floyd,

all advice here implies: at your own risk.

Your problem is simply that you want to fly to CM from SR. In case you would take the morning bus from SR to the Poipet border and then a van to BKK airport or the bus to Morchit and then go to DMK (in case you fly from there), all problems would be solved. The trip is easy enough and no real hassles. Just ignore the touts. Walk out of the checkpoint, turn right, another 50 meters straight and on your right side you see the BKK etc. buses waiting for you.

About visas: Phuketrichard might be right but not necessarily. If the immigration official sees the visa he might simply stamp it used. You have no say in this. Depending your plans on such a gamble might not be the best idea.

Cambodian customs/immigration wont ask you for a visa. The check-in crew might or is likely to. Maybe you can ask on the thorntree forum about recent experiences. But then again, it all will depend on that one employee. it is the airline which is held responsible for your compliance with Thai immigration rules.

I don't see what CM or Bangkok has got to do with it, his issue is that he plans to enter Thailand on a visa exempt basis but stay more than 30 days.

In my experience -- and I go back and forth between these two countries continually -- airline staff in Camb do not usually check for a visa in people of nationalities that qualify for visa exempt entry. Nor do they ask about onward or return flights. On arrival in Thailand, airport immigration does not normally ask any questions or to see proof of onward flight. The exception would be if from the computer they see a pattern of entries into Thailand that makes them suspect the person is actually living here. At that point, yes, questions may be asked.

Very bad idea to enter through the Poipet border crossing. That is the worst entry point possible and has a history of refusing people entry on the slightest grounds. While imm officers at the airport seldom ask questions or ask for proof of onward travel, the officers at Poipet/Aran do it all the time.

It is a waste of a visa to use it just for a 2 day entry and should at least try to save it. Can tell the Imm office at the onset that you are here for only 2 days and do not want to use the visa now. Worst they can do is refuse.>

I beg to differ. Do you have a Thai visa in your passport? I assume you do. That settles the question why they do not ask you. This circumstance has nothing to do with the situation of the OP and does not apply to him once his one visa has been stamped as 'used'. In case the staff asks and he has no proof he is off the flight. The airport immigration won't ask as we both agree. Going to BKK has nothing to do with, flying into BKK, however, has all to do with it.

Poipet border. A place to enter, just like any other. I have done this over and again. The only trouble can arise if he follows a tout to a tuktuk after immigration. This would result in an overcharge (maybe 100 baht). he has guidance how to avoid it.

Yes, the officers ask questions of they see a pattern. From the OP's info it is apparent that no such pattern exists. Thus, there is no danger. He is a bona fide tourist like thousand others. They will ask him to name a hotel, speak fill out the form, any hotel from the web will do.

Certainly, he should try to save his original tourist visa. If it works he is all fine, if not he is back to square one where the above applies.

In the end it is up to the OP to try his luck at the airport. Nobody here on the forum will cover his losses if it does not work out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived