Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Hundreds at Saraburi Loy Krathong in lucky escape as pontoon sinks


webfact

Recommended Posts

Hundreds at Saraburi Loy Krathong in lucky escape as pontoon sinks

 

p2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

 

SARABURI: -- Hundreds of revelers had a lucky escape last night when a pontoon sank during the Loy Krathong celebration.

 

Many people had come to celebrate the festival at Wat Saladaeng in the Pak Priaw sub-district of the central Thai town.

 

The pontoon was thought to be severely overloaded. It started to lean and everyone on it managed to make good their escape before it collapsed into the river.

 

The temple had not organized the event. It was an impromptu gathering of the local people.

 

Saraburi police were quickly on the scene to cordon off the area.

 

Experts have been called in to investigate why the pontoon collapsed.

 

No one was injured.

 

Source: Sanook

 
tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-15
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

no injuries or deaths, will be forgotten soon. infact thats probably the last we will hear about it.

Absolutely. In fact in a few days time it will just be "water under the bridge".

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

no injuries or deaths, will be forgotten soon. infact thats probably the last we will hear about it.

Boat should have been made from Banana Leaves.  Same as the rest of the floats. They never sink.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it goes something like this....  (Before someone jumps on me let me say this - the numbers are just an Example)

 

50 People    : What the pontoon was designed for

100 People : What Many people think is the actual Capacity

150 People : What the Authority thinks can be Manageable

190 People : Pontoon Sinks and because it is very mysterious, people think an Expert is needed to find a Cause of the Accident.

200 People : What People believe is Overloaded

 

What would be interesting is to see if there were other pontoons around which might have filled up with people trying to witness the sinking Pontoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lee b said:

Experts called to investigate why it collapsed. Emm severely overloaded perhaps like it says above?

 

More important, learning from this so it does not happen again.

Action from the top.

Inform all owners of piers and pontoons they need to do regular inspections, risk assessment and secure them from trespass.

Police and river authorities to enforce the above...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lee b said:

Experts called to investigate why it collapsed. Emm severely overloaded perhaps like it says above?

U don't understand. They mean FACE experts who will determine who is responsible and must lose FACE. probably some lowend city worker... TIT!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had better not jump to conclusions regarding overloading because the experts have not spoken yet and knowing Thailand these will be some of the finest minds in the world giving this incident the once over and their verdict will be final with no contradictions accepted.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhizBang said:

 

 

 

So, being 'sererely overloaded' had nothing to do with it?
 

No! It was the fat falang on the far right, or should I say starboard, that tipped the pontoon! If the fat falang had stayed in his country this would never have happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nepsydaz said:

I think it goes something like this....  (Before someone jumps on me let me say this - the numbers are just an Example)

 

50 People    : What the pontoon was designed for

100 People : What Many people think is the actual Capacity

150 People : What the Authority thinks can be Manageable

190 People : Pontoon Sinks and because it is very mysterious, people think an Expert is needed to find a Cause of the Accident.

200 People : What People believe is Overloaded

 

What would be interesting is to see if there were other pontoons around which might have filled up with people trying to witness the sinking Pontoon.

"What would be interesting is to see if there were other pontoons around which might have filled up with people trying to witness the sinking Pontoon."

There were, Wat Sala Daeng is on the lower side of the Pasak river in the picture. The pontoon that sank is shown. Across  the river are three more pontoons attached to the dock of Wat Thong Pumpuang, no doubt everyone rushed onto these to see the sinking across the other side, in the dark of course   . 

https://www.google.com/maps/@14.5302992,100.9105172,183m/data=!3m1!1e3

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jim walker said:

We had better not jump to conclusions regarding overloading because the experts have not spoken yet and knowing Thailand these will be some of the finest minds in the world giving this incident the once over and their verdict will be final with no contradictions accepted.   

Im betting they will blame the HUGE MOON and its gravitational force. Loooooooooooooool!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lighten up everyone. Thailand is just a developing Confucian country that has had none of the advantages enjoyed by the rest of the world, which means this doesn't matter and as there is nothing to be made out of it, nobody cares.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tiffer said:

Lighten up everyone. Thailand is just a developing Confucian country that has had none of the advantages enjoyed by the rest of the world, which means this doesn't matter and as there is nothing to be made out of it, nobody cares.

 

Did you mean developing confused country? ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...