DHL parcel from Germany, how long does it take to re-appear in Thailand

andreww

Hello,

I have a parcel coming from Germany, posted via DHL. Tracking shows it left Germany a week ago, but still not trackable via Thailand post, 

Who had experience, how long should I wait till escalating the issue with DHL?

p.s. in my previous experience with German DHL, a parcel was sent to a wrong country (Austria instead of Australia) 3 (three) times... wondering how can they mess it up this time. 

delme.png

I have a package that arrived in Germany on Nov 5th with DHL. Have not been able to track it, just says in route. I believe they said it should be delivered between Nov 10 to 15th. Might show up today. I usually do not use DHL as there can be problems with Thai customs. Problem is most companies shipping from the U.S only use DHL. Good luck getting your package. 

Shouldn't more than a couple of days for DHL Flyer. About 3-4 days for DHL Express.

Edit: Just noticed your screenshot is showing Thailand Post tracking link. Was it some other economy service?

Edited by Sphere

I thought that DHL was a courier company that had their own delivery network? I can't see why it has anything to do with Thailand Post unless Deutsche Post DHL is some low-cost hybrid that utilizes local postal delivery methods?

Either way, for about 2-3 months now, there's been various threads about packages 'disappearing' once received in Thailand in that they do not show on Thailand Post tracking until it has either been actually delivered or a delivery attempt has been made. Some Thailand Post Offices are reported as not leaving any notices of attempted delivery with the recipient only finding out when a delayed delivery notice suddenly appears in the Thailand Post tracker.

Just keep checking Thailand Post online tracker with the tracking number.

34 minutes ago, Sphere said:

Shouldn't more than a couple of days for DHL Flyer. About 3-4 days for DHL Express.

Edit: Just noticed your screenshot is showing Thailand Post tracking link. Was it some other economy service?

My understanding was that in Germany DHL is smth like EMS... they always use this "DHL" as a shipping service, but costs are quite reasonable, more like normal post. Will wait a bit longer, thanks folks. 

Edited by andreww

Deutsche post and DHL are now one and the same from my experience

Thai side is always handled by Thai EMS post

i regularly get stuff from germany (parts for my german made rc sailing boat)

IMHO the DHL info never gets updated but try putting tracking no into Thai post system then you get results

normally about 1 week changeover time Customs etc usually then 2 days from bkk to here

DHL will devlier deirectly but if you're not in one of the major cities where they make deliveries they will post the item to you by EMS.

If there are customs charges then based on my experience you need to phone them and they will know about it.

ok, just received the invoice from customs for the parcel (as expected with DHL, heh), to be paid at the local post office. 

Took nearly 2 weeks... SImilar parcel from Russia (!) sent a week later by normal post, arrived here today + no tax. 

Tue, 08.11.16 16:51 - The order data for this shipment were sent electronically to DHL by the sender.
Tue, 08.11.16 21:01 Obertshausen, Germany The package was processed in the start package center.
Wed, 09.11.16 03:54 Rodgau, Germany The shipment was processed in the destination package center.
Wed, 09.11.16 07:37 IPZ-Ffm, Germany The shipment is transported to the destination country and transferred to the delivery organization. (Website / Online Tracking: http://track.thailandpost.com/tracking/default.aspx )
Thus, 20.11.16 11:14 Thailand The shipment has arrived in the destination country.
Tue, 22.11.16 12:08 Thailand

The shipment has left the import package center in the destination country.

Edited by andreww

If you phoned them like I suggested I believe you could have avoided this wait.

In the past when something has 'stopped progressing' in the tracking system it's obvious what's happening - there is a fee which needs to be paid.

I've phoned DHL in this scenario and they tell me there is a charge, I pay it immediately with a credit card while on the phone and they then release the package for normal delivery.