Got an SETV in Vietnam after 2 yr Overstay followed by 7 Visa Exemptions

So I left in February 2016 just before overstay blacklisting came into effect, with a 2 year overstay. Since then I did 7 months in Thailand on visa exemptions, extending the first three 30 day stamps to 60 days, then the last one just the 30 days. Brief 1-2 week trips out between each one, to Vietnam / Philippines then back in. 

Never had any issues, was asked for an onward ticket once (after clearing the overstay and coming back in on visa waiver). 

Then just got a single entry tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh city yesterday. 

I'd read reports from early 2016 about people getting rejected by an 'angry lady' working there but she doesn't seem to be there anymore so I thought I'd share my story. Vietnam seemed easy, even in my situation. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

It will be interesting to hear what the border immigration officials do when you actually re-enter the country?...

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

It will be interesting to hear what the border immigration officials do when you actually re-enter the country?...

I hope they lock him up and deport him. Such people make it harder for us to live here.

6 minutes ago, gamini said:

I hope they lock him up and deport him. Such people make it harder for us to live here.

No they don't. With or without "such people" you are still sitting in a mousetrap and don't try to fool yourself otherwise.

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Because he is working here illegally and doesn't pay any tax.

Really ? Someone is paying any tax in this country ? Sorry I didn't know that such ridiculous people exist ?

I never paid any in USA so why paying here ? Funny you <3

Archived