Got an SETV in Vietnam after 2 yr Overstay followed by 7 Visa Exemptions

9 minutes ago, jspill said:

Just re-entered today, not a word spoken to me by the IO. 

Actually I think he gave me another visa exemption and didn't notice the tourist visa because it was on a later page after a half empty page before the vietnam visa sticker.

Can I use the tourist visa next time since it's valid til Feb 13th?  I'll start another thread about that maybe it can help somebody else, I did a search and couldn't find anything

You should have written your Visa number on the arrival card, then the IO would have noticed your Visa

Looks like you just got your 8th Visa Exemption.  You could re-use that visa, unless the IO did enter the visa into their computer system.  But the stamp, etc looks like he didn't. 

I'd check and see what the local imm-office has in the computer to be sure, maybe as part of going for the 30-day extension.  Hopefully they will give you the option to extend the exempt and use the visa next time. 

• Like 1

When IOs execute a visa, they'll stamp "USED" on it, and I don't see that on yours.  And the entry stamp indicates you were given 30days, whereas a tourist visa gives you 60.  So I think I agree with JackThompson, and you have until 13FEB17 to use the SETV.  The only fly in the ointment I can see is an alert & perhaps troublesome IO seeing the previous entry (& exit) when you come back intending to use the SETV, and just deciding on his own to consider it used.  That's probably unlikely.

• 2 months later...
On 29/11/2016 at 1:25 AM, hawker9000 said:

When IOs execute a visa, they'll stamp "USED" on it, and I don't see that on yours.  And the entry stamp indicates you were given 30days, whereas a tourist visa gives you 60.  So I think I agree with JackThompson, and you have until 13FEB17 to use the SETV.  The only fly in the ointment I can see is an alert & perhaps troublesome IO seeing the previous entry (& exit) when you come back intending to use the SETV, and just deciding on his own to consider it used.  That's probably unlikely.

Yep re-entered today and the IO executed it, no questions . 

Fjum2Iq.png